Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241587 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1200 on: October 18, 2019, 03:16:54 pm »

Hmm, something to note is that Nightengale also costs Freshness... although every other level gives a tile of nightvision, so it seems like it might be worth it. Maybe. It's annoying overall that there's a permanent penalty like that, though.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 18, 2019, 03:24:47 pm »

Some of them are definitely tradeoffs, yeah, though I like the descriptive reasoning for them. (Ex: Nightingale sez you've nuked your sleep schedule; the 'lots of explosives' one has a hit to reflexes as you've deafened yourself.)

Edit: There's a new (relatively) early tech that lets you give a freshness jolt to high-ranking officers, which does help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another significant change: it looks like non-gals do count for promotions and increased salaries now; after a couple of missions from an old save I now have scads more officers. Non-gals can also get promotions, presumably with wage increases - that even includes slave soldiers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:27:31 pm by Dostoevsky »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 18, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »

But also rank-based salaries were lowered to compensate somewhat.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 18, 2019, 04:48:15 pm »

Ah, good to know. Was wondering about that.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 19, 2019, 11:29:29 am »

How is the bug situation of the new update? Any locust swarms or chryssalids?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 19, 2019, 11:48:51 am »

How is the bug situation of the new update? Any locust swarms or chryssalids?

From what I've heard on the discord, like 2 bugs.

It's mostly people finding their old playstyle gives them more bad condemnations than good. Pilots and psychics are getting hit hardest. I don't know why for pilots, but any kills gotten by mind-controlled people count against you for the Betrayer condemnation and possibly explosives condemnation (-reaction). The normal processes for quick training (shakeup/gladiator) gives you -freshness condemnations, doing it the slow way (dojo) means you get -freshness from birthdays, and you're limited on how often each gal can do missions. I don't know that it's ever huge amounts of stats, but it never feels good to have people suddenly less effective.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 19, 2019, 12:17:13 pm »

Designated fighter pilots don't go to missions and get few condemnations.

About HWP pilots, I noticed that piloting an HWP costs more freshness than walking around in armor.

(-0.014Morale)fr/turn for Harbringer, Guardian, etc..
(-0.03Morale)fr/turn for XEC
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 19, 2019, 12:39:19 pm »

That's really weird - if nothing else, you'd think driving instead of walking would be less taxing.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 19, 2019, 12:47:19 pm »

They're combat vehicles. They're probably very cramped, uncomfortable and far too hot inside.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 19, 2019, 01:03:58 pm »

Did cold maps always inflict HP damage? I thought they used to just do stun and energy drain.

Also, you can stand on haybales now.

It's mostly people finding their old playstyle gives them more bad condemnations than good.

Assuming you're not specializing too much, I'm not sure that's true. I mean, looking at my most recent battle's list of commendations, I have a net gain of 14 stats. There's a fair number that are straight positive benefits (Veteran:HP/Freshness, Ice Cold Killer:TU, Triggerhappy:Reactions, among others) and I suspect that, barring Freshness, units will end up with vastly higher stats.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 19, 2019, 01:20:19 pm »

What kind of armor are you using? There's always been a mention somewhere that cold causes damage if your resistance is low enough.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 19, 2019, 01:21:18 pm »

You could stand on haybales before. Maybe not on all of them? At least those in the small sheds were viable.
And yes, cold weather always inflicted HP damage if your gals were too lightly clad.

About the stress of combat vehicles: at least the XEC also has your gnome/lokk deal with an arcane interface so you basically connect your brain to the machine, and they are not Shadowrun riggers who actually enjoy this stuff.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 20, 2019, 04:39:55 am »

More about freshness.

I feel it is more of how happy anyone (including her) is to see a certain gal on the battlefield than how well rested she is. Her rest is included into it, but also how much any other gals want her there and how much the possible civilians want her there. This is why maximum is increased by Cavalier and decreased by Fallen angel and Betrayer.

Armors and freshness: Brute and Annihilator use up (0.05*Morale) of freshness per turn. That is a lot, especially if you keep killing enemies and replenishing your morale. Voodoo toys and Bugeye Voodoo use up freshness too.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 20, 2019, 08:25:03 am »

Fakedit:  Wow I just got ninja'd hard, ha.  Stop killing Lokk'nars, Robsoie!
Some of the city tilesets are way too elaborate, the worst part about X-piratez is looking for three enemies split among dozen three-story apartment buildings.
Yeah those three-story apartment buildings are definitely the worst.  Personally I fiddled with the bug-hunt settings a bit, just to make sure it *always* triggers on turn 15 instead of being weirdly conditional.  Mostly for special missions where Dioxine makes a "riddle" of hiding an enemy or two in unreachable places, but it can help on normal missions as well.

bughuntMinTurn: 15
bughuntMaxEnemies: 20
bughuntRank: -1 # commanders are VIPs
bughuntLowMorale: 100
bughuntTimeUnitsLeft: 0

(Edit the user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul file)

Just a note : those lines are now located in  ...\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez_Globals.rul

edit : tested the new version , after shadowing a very small academy ufo and knocking out the 2 academy folks in there, i got a red villa type of mission.
Against my "shoot them first and take prisonner if you can" instinct, i went there with only with the intent to knock them all out.
While the mission succeeded it still cost 2 gals their life unfortunately.

I checked the condemnation that the killed gals got, especially the one you recieve for a gal that's just dead :
Huh ? why even give her a freshness. malus for that ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:11:34 am by Robsoie »

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 20, 2019, 10:20:03 am »

And thanks for noting the new bughunt rules location.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 153