Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241817 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2019, 11:05:19 am »

That works fine for training them, but distance matters a lot for actual success.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2019, 11:58:25 am »

I very recently replaced my old Airbus for my Gals assault squads with my newly acquired Scorpion (from the red codex unlocks)
What seemed interesting with this ship to me is the "land in the middle of the enemy" that is supposed to make enemies spawn closer to the Scorpion, so you don't have to hunt them all around the map.

While i am not yet at psi capturing people, if distance matter in psi assault, this  ability sounds perfect for capturing and escaping quickly ... if the Scorpion ability actually works of course as i have not yet tested that ship enough for now.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 11, 2019, 12:03:23 pm »

It does work!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 11, 2019, 12:13:15 pm »

The Bugeyes were very useful in earlier versions, but after they were nerfed they seem almost useless to me.

They are squishy and if I put them in a heavy armor they can not use their abilities. I can give them a tac. vest, which only reduces the strength of their abilities, but that just means they have to get even closer.

You may get some use of them in urban warfare with lots of walls to hide behind or on scorpion if you want to mind control and bug out on turn 1, but do not expect them to be useful in outdoor battles.

Then again, perhaps it is just my playstyle. I prefer heavy armors over utility armors. All my slave soldiers use testudos, and my gals (except snipers, who have Assault suits) are going to be all in Harbringers once I can produce enough.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 11, 2019, 06:58:38 pm »

Thinking that bugeyes might be fun with the gray codex and the jellyfish craft. That way, they're still somewhat safe on the craft for mind control purposes, but can also fire the craft weapon if MC isn't needed and destruction is. Works off psi anyway, so seems like a perfect fit.

Or teaming them up with magical girls for wall-hacking fun.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:01:56 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2019, 08:59:09 pm »

I attacked a brothel and saved a castaway gal. Then I researched her. I tried to recruit her though the manufacturing thing, but Begone! is my only option. Everything that is listed as a requirement to recruit (mutant meat, rare earths, etc.) are stockpiled in the numbers required. What am I missing?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2019, 09:06:45 pm »

When  you research people they disappear (the brainers may be a bit heavy handed in their work) , so you probably can't recruit the gal because she's not there anymore after the brainers "researched" her.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 11, 2019, 09:20:53 pm »

You may encounter a similar issue when you attempt to research treasures such as the Money Purse or the Bag of Cash. Once researched, they disappear.

This may make interrogating prisoners for this info (which some of them can provide) better than researching the item itself. Alternatively, by researching the item, you remove it from the pool of research topics prisoners can unlock for you, meaning they can then provide something else.

Question: How do I take out a Field Gun?

Those things are fucking lethal, and the armor means that, again, most attacks from small arms won't punch through.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:09:41 am by AzyWng »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2019, 09:42:59 pm »

Crap. Guess I'll have to fence her, which is still an option for whatever reason.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »

Never mind, I missed some stuff when reading the post.

Edit: Do you have free space in your barracks? Did you check if you can scroll down on the requirements list?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:18:07 pm by amjh »
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 12, 2019, 12:05:25 pm »

Decided to try out X-files for a change. On ironman.  ;D First two missions are "kill\capture two lame cultists", nothing troublesome. Third mission is "unknown creature". Van goes in. Chupacabra near the van gets killed. End turn. NPC helper and four agents are gone, and so is the van.
 :o
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 12, 2019, 03:57:55 pm »

Chupacabras are nasty, particularly in the early game when you have few agents, little armor and crap weapons.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 12, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »

Do I pay upkeep for people and vehicles the month I buy them, or the month they arrive in? I want to maximize usage of my people, but I don't want to pay for an entire extra month to get a few extra days worth of work.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42:52 pm »

Do I pay upkeep for people and vehicles the month I buy them, or the month they arrive in? I want to maximize usage of my people, but I don't want to pay for an entire extra month to get a few extra days worth of work.
I would assume when they come, but you can check by buying someone and checking the Logs screen before and after.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 12, 2019, 06:00:17 pm »

How are bugeyes for base defense? You would have to train them first, but it seems like there would be a lot of good places for them to hide while getting close to the enemy.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153