Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241608 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2019, 12:56:10 am »

Pretty sure that has been solved in a way. I got missions that were introduced later without doing anything to my save.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2019, 01:25:07 pm »

Did the update change nighttime graphics? I can't see anything anymore.

I have a gal named "Large Sandwich", who got hit by a molotov and lit on fire. So, I added "Toasted".
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2019, 02:48:10 pm »

Looking at the new version of x-piratez
- Fix: Some passability fixes to Swamp/Arctic watery terrains and Sewers
If swamp is the terrain i'm thinking about, it was the worst terrain ever in the game, so many way to be stuck in a part of it without any walkable (as you only get a way to fly much later in the game) way to reach some other parts of the map,
the sewers (if that's the level below your base) aren't much better, it's hyper convulated for no reason and is so long to navigate (as it takes more TU by tiles) that if you have enemy down there it takes forever to catch them.
I thought so at first, but the sewers are probably a (fairly rare) level that's easily forgotten.

Otherwise fantastic, I savescum before missions to make sure I don't get the swamp. And save edit to cheat-kill everyone in base defense missions who I think might be hiding by swimming in E-115 sludge. (My headcanon is that I'm bolting closed the hatches I'd sensibly have for half an hour or so to let the plainly clothed humans to die of supercancer.)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2019, 03:10:16 pm »

Last posts of the update page insist that if there are no post from Dioxine with specific instructions in it, there is nothing to worry about. I think truth is somewhere in between.  :P
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 30, 2019, 03:20:56 pm »

Did the update change nighttime graphics? I can't see anything anymore.

I have a gal named "Large Sandwich", who got hit by a molotov and lit on fire. So, I added "Toasted".
Pitch darkness has always been pitch dark, but there's a "night vision" mode which helps.  It usually happens by default at nighttime, but sometimes you have to enable it yourself.  The default toggle is scroll-lock, I always change it to spacebar.

(Spacebar defaults to temporary NV as long as it's held down, which... I may have relied on until I found the permanent toggle  XD)
Change-wise the NV color did switch from blue to green for me in this update, but the green is probably a bit easier to see.  There's an option to change the color anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 30, 2019, 08:24:39 pm »

It's odd previous version i had the night vision permanently on for the Gals, that was quite nice, and in current version i need to press scroll-lock at every battle again

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2019, 10:28:33 am »

Have a look if you can set auto nightmode in the options.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 01, 2019, 11:07:42 am »

I don't see such option unfortunately, so no idea why it was always automatic previously, it was so nice to not have to re-enable night vision each night.

But this made me wonder about something i always overlooked : by default your Gals emit light (key L to enable/disable) when it's pitch black, i always thought this was for you to locate your Gals easier in case you didn't enable night vision for some odd reason.

So now i wonder, is it just light emitting for the interface as i originally thought, or is it light emitting for actual gameplay, i mean you just show your Gals location to the enemy by emitting light ?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 01, 2019, 11:42:17 am »

Spoilers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Woof. Almost 4.5 years in, just captured Dr. X. And got myself what appears to be the best gun around.
Have vile luck on catching star gods, though. Messengers fly around only when my nightmare is broken and have no ammo loaded (priorities!), or when it's not present due to being sold to free space for quest rail pod. I'm remaking it third time now. Grand total of star gods loot for 1.5 years - one captured novice from pop-in pop-out mutant pogrom.
Spoilery questions.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:04:35 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2019, 12:21:33 pm »

Robsoie: yes, you emit actual light. Some armors more than others.

MCreeper: Can't answer 1, but have you done the Red Mages Tedious Research (and the new mission tech that might follow it, not sure)?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2019, 12:59:19 pm »

I did researched it, but "tedious research" itself appears to lead only to "black mask origins", for which i need to get said black mask somewhere. And only other rlated missions are just bounty hunter wizard missions, it seems? Can you be more specific on mission type?
EDIT: Wow, stranded govt agent mission? Long time no see.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:11:55 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2019, 02:12:57 pm »

Well, you guys made me curious enough to check this mod out.

How do you deal with enemies that keep getting back up after you stun them? I fought some necropirates and it took absolutely forever because every one I stunned just got back up after a little while. I eventually had to kill most of them to end the fight.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 01, 2019, 02:26:21 pm »

Manacles and possibly rope are useful to add stun damage onto downed enemies.  Necropirates are a bit tricky since I think they regenerate slightly, and are plain resilient in the early game, which is probably why they kept getting up. 

Most of the time you don't have to babysit downed enemies, they count as defeated and are usually pretty harmless without their weapons (if they *need* weapons).  I think there are exceptions to that though, necropirates may be one.

Amusingly I briefly tried a new game in the new version last night, and got my ass kicked by necropirates :P  I was trying to down them with handles and ballbats, I should have just shot them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 01, 2019, 02:31:33 pm »

Fighting necropirates doesn't seem worthwhile. They don't drop any great loot and they aren't worth much themselves. Their muskets are powerful enough when they do hit they're likely to injure your gal rather than bounce off like smaller calibres.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2019, 04:06:18 pm »

Nevermind, just got the mission for padlocks.
Rest of the sigs
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153