Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241321 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #2220 on: July 03, 2023, 08:08:59 am »

Rosigma 2.2A got released (requires OXCE 7.9.6  and 40K 0.35.1 mod)

OXCE download : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html
40K mod download : https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/40k

Rosigma download : https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/rosigma
(rolling dev release : https://github.com/BeatAroundTheBuscher/ROSIGMA/archive/refs/heads/main.zip )

NOTE : instead of OXCE you can use its fork Brutal OXCE : https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/brutal-ai
Brutal OXCE features the Brutal AI that allow the AI to actually use tactics, and be a lot more aggressive (as a comparison the OXCE default AI is mostly randomly patrolling instead of hunting you)
Brutal AI can also be enabled/disabled in the options (if you prefer the old OXCE AI), additionally there's a bunch of options to tweak the Brutal AI to your liking.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 08:12:52 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 16, 2023, 07:49:22 am »

Another big 2.3 update "Hrud and Hybrid Warfar" for Rosigma expansion for the 40K mod
Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2.3 picture summary (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 24, 2023, 07:41:43 am »

For those interested in getting regularly the latest dev release for Rosigma instead of waiting for each new public release, the devs moved from github to codeberg :
https://codeberg.org/LeflairKunstler/ROSIGMA

Quote from: reason from what i read on their discord
it's based on the open source Gitea version of git
so very similar to github
except not owned by microsoft
and by a non-profit with servers in germany
also, just to clarify, servers in Germany = servers in EU = protected by GDPR.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 26, 2023, 10:00:56 pm »

I'm happy to wait for the Robsoie report  :P

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 09, 2023, 05:21:31 am »

Lucked out in X-piratez and got stapler from first govt agent mission, as well as wrench from the first warehouse mission, so built workshop ASAP. Only for loansharks to take my head three months later.  >:( Also, you now get benefits from activating menacing hull only after two months or so after inserting tiny drill.

Playthrough before that was ended by fittingly-named CBTournament. First I lost two "half-yearly" rounds despite immidiately starting construction of required buildings (some rearrangements were required, but I still couldn't have built them in time for first one), then was smote by "Ninja strikes your ego with her plasteel katana and severed part sails off in an arc! -X000 infamy" event thrice in two months. While feverishly busting enemy bases to get infamy back up, realized that I can't take on mercenary bases with what I have. Game over, balls busted.

By the way, what is currently going on with ninjas? In previous playthrough I researched mandatory ninja activation midway through the tree, but haven't seen them outside of loknarr missions, jetbikes and that damn event.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:34:34 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 09, 2023, 02:28:01 pm »

Ninjas are now (semi?)optional; you have to research a certain tech (clearly labeled) to start the ninja-pirate war. Before then they'll have a small(ish) initial presence but only limited expansion and limited activity.

I think none of the critical techs are locked behind starting that war.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 10, 2023, 04:16:08 am »

So, why would I start the Ninja War?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 10, 2023, 08:04:04 am »

To curbstomp them with your late-midgame or better stuff to take revenge on them for killing off so many campaigns.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 10, 2023, 01:25:26 pm »

There are various techs that require ninja captures or the like, if you haven't started the war the various 'ninjas steal your fame/money/whatever' events are more common (according to the flavor text, at least?) and I guess desire for Content. I imagine the dev will eventually fill out the later portions of the war in the same way a lot of other plotlines are incomplete too, in a way that gives more of a reward.

Me, I edit the raws to nerf ninjas in various ways so they aren't as bad (particularly by reducing the sniper/spotter flags, and reducing/eliminating turrets on craft you've already defeated in air combat so why do they still have turrets active) but goodness the ninja base assaults are a pain regardless.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 10, 2023, 09:37:01 pm »

Lucked out in X-piratez and got stapler from first govt agent mission, as well as wrench from the first warehouse mission, so built workshop ASAP. Only for loansharks to take my head three months later.  >:( Also, you now get benefits from activating menacing hull only after two month or so after inserting tiny drill.

Playthrough before that was ended by fittingly-named CBTournament. First I lost two "half-yearly" rounds despite immidiately starting construction of required buildings (some rearrangements were required, but i still couldn't have built them in time for first one), then was smote by "Ninja strikes your ego with her plasteel katana and severed part sails off in an arc! -X000 infamy" event thrice in two months. While feverishly busting enemy base to get infamy back up, realized that i can't take on mercenary bases with what I have. Game over, balls busted.

By the way, what is currently going on with ninjas? In previous playthrough I researched mandatory ninja activation midway through the tree, but haven't seen them outside of loknarr missions, jetbikes and that damn event.

Yeah, I quit playing because it was getting even more playing against the dev/RNG than anything fun. It's got some great ideas, but...

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: September 11, 2023, 09:47:02 am »

First I've heard of the CBTournament - is that a 'chaos saint' thing or something else?

And yeah, mercenaries are something I leave for later game typically speaking. The troopers' vulnerability to BIO means there are some pretty accessible ways to punch through their armor, but the hovertanks...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 11, 2023, 10:24:17 am »

It's the event chain you get if you pick Dumbass captain, where you get wrestling tournament events once in a while and need to have certain buildings to increase chance (?) of winning. Don't remember what you are supposed to build with ninja, I think I haven't researched it yet. And, apparently, if you haven't researched necessary building yet, it gives you question marks in place of a name.  :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 10:30:10 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 11, 2023, 10:46:48 am »

Thanks. I've done jackass and lazy ass, but not the others. (And it looks like a recent patch added even more captain types?)

Supposedly the Soreass type is meant as a 'less RNG' style, cutting back both the positive and negative RNG events. The various captain types all have their own influence on the RNG events that can happen, though I don't think anyone has tried to map that out in depth. And if you pick a captain type in opposition to your codex choice (e.g. Jackass + Green) you get 'chaos saint', which makes things somewhat harder but also unlocks a set of special (more tricky) missions.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 20, 2023, 08:13:05 am »

This time Dr. X's questline got screwed up because of dumbest thing - i never got nurse base attack. How can i add hideout search orders/in search for Dr.X research to a save?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 05:23:11 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 20, 2023, 08:38:38 am »

Code: [Select]
      STR_GAS_GRENADE: 3
      STR_GDX_001: 5
      STR_GDX_002: 1
      STR_GENIUS_LOCI_ACTIVATED: 1
Hideout Search Orders is STR_GDX_002 (001 is the Fugitive Search Orders).  I don't think the items *need* to be in alphabetical order in the save file, but they are.

(en_US.yml in the Language directory maps display names to codenames like this)

Edit: Also those are spaces, not tabs, in case it matters
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153