Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241360 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #2085 on: October 16, 2022, 10:21:02 am »

new version of Rosigma, 1.09C
Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)
Lots of map variants for desert hideout and space hulk missions.

Note : due to the difficulty selection being replaced by faction selection in 40K and Rosigma, the difficulty is locked by the mod and is at "Veteran"
So if you find the difficulty too hard (or too easy), the 2 lower difficulty settings (Beginner and Experienced) and the 2 higher difficulty settings (Genius and Superhuman) can be enabled through minimod :
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10802.0.html

In XPiratez news, from what i read there should be very soon a new version.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 22, 2022, 07:59:59 am »

New X-Piratez version :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/x-piratez/downloads/xpiratez-vn2-apocalyptic-edition-22-oct-2022
Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 22, 2022, 02:20:48 pm »

What's Apoc-style equipping?

Edit: also, 'sniper-fooling' and spotting notifiers for a handful of the stealth gear looks potentially pretty promising.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 02:23:27 pm by Dostoevsky »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 22, 2022, 02:31:16 pm »

From what I can tell without actually testing myself, the Apocalypse-style equipping has you equipping soldiers from base storage instead of from vehicle storage.

Soldiers are first equipped from base storage. When loaded onto a craft, that soldier tries to bring their equipment from the base into the craft. When the soldier is removed from the craft, they take their inventory with them. Craft can have their own extra stuff loaded too not tied to any soldier.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 22, 2022, 02:48:13 pm »

Oh my, that's quite the quality of life feature. I have been trying to double-up on equipment I made/bought so that if the transport was out and the base was attacked I wouldn't lose my loadouts, so if I'm understanding right should cut down on my equipment needs quite a bit.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 23, 2022, 12:20:49 am »

I feel like this change is going to turn from me losing a few million in equipment every time I get a grenade thrown into my craft to having at least one person in every battle running out of ammo...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 23, 2022, 03:23:40 am »

From what I can tell without actually testing myself, the Apocalypse-style equipping has you equipping soldiers from base storage instead of from vehicle storage.

Soldiers are first equipped from base storage. When loaded onto a craft, that soldier tries to bring their equipment from the base into the craft. When the soldier is removed from the craft, they take their inventory with them. Craft can have their own extra stuff loaded too not tied to any soldier.

this might solve my long standing issue with the re-assignment of optimum loadouts. but it also might bring another set of similarly annoying problems on the same theme of keeping track of minuscule things

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 23, 2022, 05:21:44 am »

I like this. I like having my gals have personal equipment, and it gets annoying when I have to switch craft and then there is stuff missing since I forgot to bring enough of something (Such as bows).
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 23, 2022, 10:15:56 am »

Sounds nice. All the more reason for me to start playing XPiratez again - though I'm actually not 100% sure how best to make use of the new inventory system - different missions demand different gear, after all.

I guess at the very least I can make sure gals all have emergency/backup weapons and some healing/restoration items.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 23, 2022, 10:36:40 am »

Once I am in the midgame I try to have different teams for different missions. One base does the underwater stuff, a few gals (might be on the main base) that just do the space missions (because you don't need many for most missions there). Some missions I just ignore because I don't usually have a lot of some of the soldiertypes.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 23, 2022, 10:48:03 am »

Yeah, I generally set up different bases specializing in different mission types. One for underwater, one for space, one for undercover (sometimes overlapping with my lokknar cave base), one or a more for the traditional big fights, etc.

As things open up / resources permit, have troopers dedicated to fighting certain factions, e.g. a laser squad, ballistic squad, etc.

This new style of equipping sound like it'd be able to handle keeping backup equipment fine though, so having some laser rifles squirreled away is feasible.

Edit: Booting up my old save, I'm realizing one drawback to this is that I'd be doing initial equipping from the base screen, which means trawling through the entire loot pile instead of the curated craft stockpile from before. Probably some incentive for me to more aggressively cull all the junk old weapons I hoard, hah.

And further edit: I dropped a weapon mid-mission to swap to something else, sold the relevant weapon type at mission end loot screen, and turns out I sold the one that was in my hideout. That's a problem...

One more unto the breach, dear edit: Checked on the discord, and it's acknowledged as still working out the kinks. So probably best to steer clear of this option for a little longer.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 02:07:44 pm by Dostoevsky »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 23, 2022, 03:42:37 pm »

Does that new equipment stuff mean that items are completely bound to the gals you assign it to ?
After a couple of gal were wounded, when i wanted to assign the weapons to other gals i noticed they were nowhere to be found in the ship equipment ?

Anyways, looks like i got lucky with random events
Spoiler: nsfw warning (click to show/hide)
Could come at a better time, after those 2 consecutive huge government fines.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 23, 2022, 03:58:42 pm »

The way it seems to work is that gear equipped to a unit will temporarily be assigned to the vessel as long as they're crewed to it - the ship equipment screen will be split between the crew gear (the 'raw' number) and then a +X number showing how many additional you have assigned regardless of crew.

So in practice, yes, it is 'bound' to the gal to the extent that when they are no longer crewing the vessel it unassigns it from the vessel inventory, though a more accurate description is not that the gear is bound so much as it's kept at base unless needed on the vessel for equipping a specific occupant.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 23, 2022, 07:05:28 pm »

As it's been a lot of version i haven't played xpiratez, there are some stuff that i need help with

- government fines ( -100000$ each), i thought it was when you attacked a government landing ships, but as i have avoided doing so in the last couple of month, are there other reasons to get those again.
- "big rocks" , i see 169 of those in my stores, and they're selling them at -5000$ credits each, what is going on ?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 23, 2022, 07:09:57 pm »

For the most part, negative sell prices indicate that something is... a bad thing, for lack of better words. Generally things that you actively do not want to hold in your stores have negative sell prices, indicating the cost it would take to get rid of the thing in question.

Big rocks take up large amounts of storage space. I think they can be broken up by a Runt task you unlock pretty early on though; minecraft maybe?. Government fines (and the tax things you get from dead civilians in missions) I believe both have an upkeep cost, meaning they cost you money every month they're in your stores.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 153