Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241931 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1365 on: April 03, 2020, 04:46:23 am »

I've been playing XCF, rather than XPiratez.

The Alien Flyby mission is very common. I tend to crash 3 UFOs on it a day. Not counting the many my planes obliterate outright. I have stopped landing near crashed very small UFOs, as I can't even get Elerium from them and I do not need the captives anymore.

Sanity is overrated. So long as you can keep stimming your soldiers and killing enemies, you can fight with everyone totaly insane (discovered in a Vampire castle). I only had to retreat when I could not find any more zombies, so my totaly insane soldiers started to panic.
Oh, and if a soldier has high enough stats, they don't even need the stimming. 2 of my soldiers were not taking stun damage from insanity. Just morale damage and reduced TU and stamina regen.

Also, not all missions degrade sanity. Those that do, however, also degrade robotic unit's sanity. The robots are not affected by being insane.
Hybrid farm: no sanity loss.
All crashed UFOs: sanity loss.
Black moon rising: sanity loss.
Vampire Castle: Large sanity loss. This place is Evil
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 03, 2020, 04:10:47 pm »

Oh, you thought device of doom was a bullshit? Behold technocracy rocket strike! If you didn't happened to have a proper interceptor\interception on the base, it destroys 1-4 random buildings. Really, i would have been sort of fine with it, if it didn't destroy unique buildings like building-in-progress red tower, without returning materials. Destruction of irreplacable buildings can be randomed away by moving your ship to random point of world map.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:16:50 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 08, 2020, 11:39:48 am »

If I understand the X-piratez lore correctly, real "purebloods" don't exist? Those who survived Earth becoming a death world mixed with the mutants over time, so everyone's a hybrid. High-ranking members of pureblood factions seem to be faster, tougher, and generally have better night vision than natural, suggesting they have more mutant heritage than an average smoothie. The aliens indirectly support their delusions because the conflict keeps humans too weak to rebel.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18:55 pm »

If I understand the X-piratez lore correctly, real "purebloods" don't exist? Those who survived Earth becoming a death world mixed with the mutants over time, so everyone's a hybrid. High-ranking members of pureblood factions seem to be faster, tougher, and generally have better night vision than natural, suggesting they have more mutant heritage than an average smoothie. The aliens indirectly support their delusions because the conflict keeps humans too weak to rebel.

I don't know if it's ever stated explicitly, but it sounds likely.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 09, 2020, 10:22:15 am »

Bugfix update for x-piratez released.
EDIT:
Looks like someone have been watching Madoka recently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure where this is from.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:12:25 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 09, 2020, 12:57:12 pm »

Some artworks are great and there are some superb quality illustration (did Dioxine actually creditted each of those artworks author somewhere , i'm curious to know who made some of them to see if i can find their own gallery ? ) but the most "anime" ones are frankly horrible.

Anyways, starting with OXCE 6.4.2, Meridian (the OXCE developer) managed to somehow find way to make the animations playing much faster, allowing to then make the AI turn a lot faster.
2020-03-15
 - MUCH MUCH faster alien hidden movement (regardless of alien movement speed setting)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 09, 2020, 08:42:41 pm »

(did Dioxine actually creditted each of those artworks author somewhere , i'm curious to know who made some of them to see if i can find their own gallery ? )
Nooope.  He didn't remember for a couple I asked about, so I think he's built up a big pile of interesting barely-labeled images.  Like for making reaction images or, well, this.  Honestly I have the same.  Ideally they *should* be credited, though.  Reverse image search is unreliable to say the least, not to mention tracking down the music heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 09, 2020, 09:49:04 pm »

It's a pity the reverse image search isn't getting much usefull results on my attempts, sometime it allowed me to get a more complete version of an artwork (as some of the pictures in xpiratez are cropped in a way or another), but finding the real source and so author of such image seems impossible unfortunately :/ .

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 09, 2020, 11:19:56 pm »

It's a pity the reverse image search isn't getting much usefull results on my attempts, sometime it allowed me to get a more complete version of an artwork (as some of the pictures in xpiratez are cropped in a way or another), but finding the real source and so author of such image seems impossible unfortunately :/ .

Are you trying to pin down any in particular?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 10, 2020, 08:33:01 am »

There is actually no Aurora kidnapping mission, only "to be continued", which is why it was not mentioned in changelog.  ::) Damnable placeholders.
Rest of the sigs

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 10, 2020, 09:24:58 am »

Are you trying to pin down any in particular?

By example probably relatively "safe for work" but still in spoiler tags just in case, one  of those that i am unable to find any clue to who is the artist (or finding even a higher resolution version, as at least in most cases of those artworks even if i can't find the authors half of the time i still can obtain versions of much better resolutions) :

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09:45 pm »

Chakram are pretty awesome for capturing unarmored enemies while training throwing. You can only throw it once per turn but they're accurate, hit hard for a daze weapon, have a decent range and infinite uses.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 11, 2020, 09:18:39 pm »

Chakram are pretty awesome for capturing unarmored enemies while training throwing. You can only throw it once per turn but they're accurate, hit hard for a daze weapon, have a decent range and infinite uses.

Are those like the thing you get fighting Dr. X in Piratez? Those were pretty fun.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 11, 2020, 09:36:25 pm »

Chakram are in the new update of X-piratez, pretty early in the tech tree. 16 range throwing weapon with a good amount of daze damage, enough to stun unarmored enemies in one hit from a swabbie.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 11, 2020, 10:19:20 pm »

Chakram are in the new update of X-piratez, pretty early in the tech tree. 16 range throwing weapon with a good amount of daze damage, enough to stun unarmored enemies in one hit from a swabbie.

Oh, awesome. Sounds like my  archery squad can finally inflict some nonlethal damage.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 153