Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241898 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1350 on: March 25, 2020, 04:45:54 am »

Actually, couldn't you build a base, a storage area, send it there, and abandon the base for less then $13m?

Of course, if its really upsetting your game, you can always edit the save, find its string and remove it from the base inventory.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 25, 2020, 05:37:04 am »

You can't dismantle storage area if there is anything in it. You can't dismantle access lift and thus the base if there are any other facilities. So no, you can't just build a base, transfer it there, then dismantle the base.

I have another idea. Explosions tend to be limited in height. I do not know how high the blast of this thing is, but perhaps a gal could drop it into the hellerium sewer before it explodes. That way, while the sewer would be blasted, the base itself should stay undamaged.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 25, 2020, 07:14:07 am »

Can you take it on a mission and lose it on the battlefield somewhere?  As long as the battle takes more than 13 turns, that is.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 25, 2020, 07:46:04 am »

Can you take it on a mission and lose it on the battlefield somewhere?  As long as the battle takes more than 13 turns, that is.

I like that idea :D
 though it's probably prevented by the dev.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 25, 2020, 09:31:40 am »

All Dioxine needs to do to prevent that is to make it too heavy/too obnoxiously shaped to be picked up. And knowing Dioxine, I'm sure they did that.

(And re: taking it on a mission, that's the sort of thing that can be prevented outright w/o interfering with its "blows up on base defense" "functionality".)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 25, 2020, 10:11:51 am »

I agree it's probably disabled from being taken on missions, but amusingly I don't think weight or shape would work for that.  IIRC the hand slots ignore shape altogether.  And you can pick up any amount of weight with no consequences until the start of the next turn, which means you can technically carry stupidly heavy weapons as long as you drop them every turn.  Dunno if that's still a thing, I seem to remember Dioxine shrugging it off as a quirk of the engine.

I think it's possible to have objects which are "there" but can't be picked up though, maybe by having *no* shape.  Meaning they don't show up on the inventory grid.  It'd also be trivial to make it immune to explosions, or even be set off early by them.

Sorry just aimlessly speculating, I don't even remember how much of that is right.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 25, 2020, 10:42:00 am »

There is a weight limit on craft though. It's rarely encountered, but I think you could easily set it too heavy for that.

Depending on the stats, it might be possible to overkill it with another explosive/weapon and have it not detonate. But that would require some looking into the files or careful experimentation.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 25, 2020, 11:08:09 am »

I do not know about a craft weight limit. I know there is item count limit (80 in vanilla), but that tends to be expanded in mods.

I did remember that I saw it in a custom battle in K2 and sure enough, I found it in the files. Now, since this data is from K2, it might be slightly inaccurate.

ignore in craft equip: true  (Can't bring to missions)
cost unprime: Time 75       (It costs 75 TUs to unprime. That is a lot, but not impossible)
Inv height: 2
Inv width: 2     (2x2 item)
Weight: 200     (Way too heavy for a gal to start a turn with.)
Armor: 500       (With how explosives usually work, you a 501 power explosive to blow it apart "safely". Higher power if you do not hit it directly)

From this, I see a few ways to get rid of it.
A gal with 89 or more TUs could disable it (14 to pick up, 75 to disarm) for one mission.
You could destroy it with the Chinese Dragon rocket (600 power). This rocket costs "mere" 1.2M.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:26 pm »

New update? With a suspicious date.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 31, 2020, 06:54:16 pm »

Nope. Nooope! Not when i'm right in the middle of my two weeks long futile and pointless attempt at patching up russian Sunless Sea translation!
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 31, 2020, 07:27:08 pm »

Very curious about the couple hundred new maps replacing the Hobbes ones.
I just hope it will be easy to disable that evil doomsday engine from the rulesets tough :D.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 01, 2020, 07:01:25 pm »

Zortrium haves a use now! Ships now how diffirent sizes on the map depending on their actual size. There are VIP's like in x-files now. More useless prizes to grind for. More magical stuff is still infuriatingly locked behind "work in progress" "research". "They came from the deeps" crashes due to part of the map missing.  :P And i captured Dr. X and made myself a damned mecha, but that's unrelated.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 01, 2020, 07:16:34 pm »

Actually, couldn't you build a base, a storage area, send it there, and abandon the base for less then $13m?

Of course, if its really upsetting your game, you can always edit the save, find its string and remove it from the base inventory.

I think it's supposed to be expensive to move, and maybe take up enough storage space to be difficult to put in a new base.It was something Dioxine considered, and tried to prevent.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 02, 2020, 03:34:22 pm »

1. Hilarious prelude to the new "VIP kidnapping" mission.  ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alas, to go on and kidnap Ilya i need either a very particular issue of solar curier or interrogate some smugglers. Didn't get a sigle smuggler so far - every time their ship shows up, my own is either busted or have run out of ammo once again.
2. The "mech" is actually trash bin on weird legs. And electrificator weapon is borderline useless, at least at medium-long range.
3. Got "misterious man is asking about whereabouts of your hideout" random event and immidiately after got... humanist activist mutant pogrom?  :-\
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:37:39 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 02, 2020, 04:20:36 pm »

2. The "mech" is actually trash bin on weird legs. And electrificator weapon is borderline useless, at least at medium-long range.

Well, it's clearly not a dalek at least... it's on the stairs!

Has the 'religion' storyline been completed yet? The one that involves all the scriptures and, eventually, some astral travel?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 153