Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241849 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1335 on: March 08, 2020, 01:35:34 pm »

They just said "this year" and have been quiet since. The people who know the developer better have made a few posts that confirm he's still working on it.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 16, 2020, 05:52:41 pm »

Wondered what i need to do to unlock excess magic, browsed tech tree for a while and... Whoops.
"Come, friend, and feast. We have so often so unjustly been maligned: we are only hospitable."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whatever else it could have been. Quite a way to go until that, though (Purple Bloom - demon godess of glutonny\cooking\eating\whatever).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:59:33 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 17, 2020, 08:57:43 am »

1. "Following" (attacking when landed) reticulan probe results in
2. Demon summoning Wiz Biz reward (fifth one) is still not implemented. Association admission (fourth one) is, but im not sure if it wasn't there before.
3. If you got storage overflow on all bases after mission, you can manually quit the game and, if you got autosave after mission, retain all your stuff. Oh, exploitable!
4. You get 10 white dragon tokens for 10 of mutant alliance, Jack and goblin tokens each + 10 personal databases. You need 500 for only (?) reward, fancy guns. I think this was in K2. And he doesn't sell any guns before that (unless i overlooked the message), so i suspect they were simply moved behind reward.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:01:43 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 17, 2020, 09:10:47 am »

The dev has said their solution to 3) is "don't do it", so it's not getting fixed. Note you can also do this with prisoners, and if you're not playing ironman it's not even a matter of quitting after the mission, it's just a matter of reloading to the autosave immediately afterwards. It's significantly worse with prisoners than with items, BTW, because there's periodic checks on item capacity that'll force you to pare down. Prisoners are essentially only checked after missions (but autosave falls between them being stored and the limit being checked, so...)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 18, 2020, 05:43:10 am »

RIP swapping maids for demonic essence. Now it costs 13 glamour (you get some on each capture\slave conversion) and 1 demonic skull, random results. I got this for 13 "casts".
Rest of the sigs

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:24 pm »

It's too bad there's no new release. Would be a good time for it. I understand why there isn't, but it's still too bad.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 22, 2020, 03:40:48 pm »

Sometimes, Dioxine just decides to be a scum.
Got this from random event. How much is "costly"? 13 millions. Although this is partly my fault, since i completely neglected building second base due to batshit insane micromanagement involved. If i didn't, it probably would not be this huge sum for me.
Also, in my K3, cruising counscellors and other dr X mission refuse to show up even half a year after being researched. Looks like a bug\mission rework in progress. How do i cheat myself some counscellors\scientists\slaves\whatever else is necessary\unique to the mission? No liber occultus either. I remember getting it (or wast it arcane tome?) from undersea oddity, but didn't get either now. It would be fun to make it halway trough the game only to discover that the other half was butchered away.
EDIT: False alarm, counscellors showed up after a long time. Where do i get liber occultus, though? B-mission for wizards? Even prepared a reverend for it.  :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:28:56 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 23, 2020, 08:38:51 am »

There's a Wiz-Biz mission for that, and I think you can get it in some other missions as well.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 23, 2020, 01:03:31 pm »

Sometimes, Dioxine just decideds to be a scum.

When Dioxine figured out they could make things have negative sell prices, they had several nasty ideas for inventory you don't really want. That might be the worst I've seen since most just take up huge amounts of space, but this is an annoying mechanic Dioxine really seems to like.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 23, 2020, 02:16:15 pm »

Wouldn't be so bad for a fun "you're forced to rush enemy instead of waiting for them" one time event that have this 13 turns timer.

But we're talking about xpiratez bases there, you know those things that have a completely useless giant underground map filled with sewer water that are incredibly slow to navigate (as they cut your move rate a lot) and that enemy AI loves to get stuck into ... 13 turns to clear the above ground maps + that sewer crap map ?

I guess i'll keep my xpiratez K2 then.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 23, 2020, 03:05:10 pm »

Talked to some people on the Discord - a “dummy base” can be whipped up - although that’s expensive, it’s less expensive than “selling” it.

Apparently you have a chance to get the device when you have a Voodoo school.

Beyond that, I don’t know.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 23, 2020, 08:17:59 pm »

Talked to some people on the Discord - a “dummy base” can be whipped up - although that’s expensive, it’s less expensive than “selling” it.

I remember from the Discord that there was a chance of getting one from every repeatable action that makes money, or is gambling.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:28 pm »

I remember from the Discord that there was a chance of getting one from every repeatable action that makes money, or is gambling.

Well then, that is just balance.  The RNG takeths and the RNG giveths.  It's certainly cheaper to just set up a new base and send it there.  Plus, a base with just an elevator, hanger, and outpost should have a reasonably good chance of completing a base defense in less than 13 turns, is also reasonably likely to be attacked, and is still useful without over committing on what could be an expendable base even without the built in bomb.

I wonder if a base with storage in one corner and the elevator in the other corner would survive the bomb's detonation.  Can it be moved without going off?  Placing it on another level would also help contain the blast.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 25, 2020, 01:59:45 am »

Can it be unprimed? Either in mission start (reverse-click) during mission as hand action?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:27 am »

That would defeat its purpose, so I doubt it.

The sewers are under unused areas as well iirc, maybe you could put it in a far away corner within 13 turns.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153