Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds IC  (Read 2726 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Dawn of Worlds IC
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:43 pm »

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS IT IS A GAME POST. AN OOC THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Reserved post

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds IC
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:30:00 pm »

Year 0
It is said that at first there existed only Ocean, as far as any eye could see. And there existed also the Watcher, unknowable to the mortal mind. And this Watcher grew bored, and from the Ocean there rose Land, the water flowing off it's barren surface in great rivers, until the Land was dry. The Watcher was tired by this act, and so he made five shapers, beings to wield his power in his stead.

Spoiler: Map: Year 0 (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »

The god Zorgoth awakened and considered. Seeing no strategic move he decided to bide His time and watch like his Father before Him.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:47:33 pm »

The mysterious presence known as X, master of the yet-to-be-defined, waits impatiently for younger gods to create a foundation for his empire.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:54:28 pm »

The figure, known only as Tag acted first, staking out a chunk of the northeastern part of the island as his territorry. There, he created a ring of mountains, to defend anyone who would live there.
Spoiler: Map, year 0 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:01:12 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:20:29 pm »

Mustering its strength, X scars the land in the southeast with a great blighted mass of plateaus, mountains, and highlands, a dry and barren wasteland, ringed by bloody red-sand desert.
-6 Power

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:54 pm »

Didn't you already take your turn?

Anyways...

The Earth was once featureless. Then, out of the ocean rose a great continent and a lesser one. The Ancients began shaping it, but the Earth did not appreciate the shaping. It reacted poorly, with storms building up. The storms gathered across land and sea, drawing towards a point in the southeastern part of the great continent. The storms gained more than mere winds, picking up the spirits of any animals killed by the storm. The storms gathered in a permanent scar of wind, filled with death-screams and spirits of animals, sometimes taking elemental forms of wind, rain, lightning, and hail.
The Elemental Scar was formed.

Catastrophe?: -10? Power
(I figure this goes a bit beyond "Shape Land," neh? Still, I'll let sjm decide what it counts as. He probably appreciates having something to do.)

And look at the time, I needs sleepies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

Most life isn't created by Gods, as such, but mere coincidence and happenstance. The universe will tick over regardless of the presence of gods, and while they continue their feuds and strifes the universe will simply continue to exist. Through just the right combination of events, a forest is born on the endless quiet plains. There isn't any wildlife in it yet, but perhaps at some point there would be. Soon, nature will do as nature does.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 05:58:24 am »

Year 500

As the Watcher slept, the shapers woke. The first to rise took for himself a name, and that name was Tag. He thought first of the future, and then of the presence, and he raised from the ground a ring of mountains, to defend all who would live there in future.
 The second woke as the Land shook, and did not take for itself a name. Nor did it seek to provide protection for the future. Instead, it created barren wastes in the south - rock surrounded by crimson sand.
 The Land shook more at this creation, and winds began to rise across it, focused on the point at which the Watcher had given it existence. the winds grew to storms, and a great roar arose there, awakening the fourth of the shapers. Its waking further fed the storms, and they took on raw power. Those primitive creatures that could live on the barren Land soon perished beneath it, and their souls, little as they were, became part of the tempest. Some few even took form once more - their old shapes returned to them as bodies of pure wind or rain, lightning or hail. In time this Scar might become notorious - but as of the moment there were no beings to view its wrath.
 At the tumult, the last two shapers arose. The first of the two only observed, claiming as his own a name - Zorgoth. The fifth also, did not act as such. Instead, it seeded the barren Land. And from these seeds, there grew a forest. The life spared by the Scar flocked to it, seeing it as a have in the chaos, and soon creatures describable as animal were born, feeding and breeding in the dappled shade.

Sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:21:58 pm »

Pass

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:50 am »

Tag acted first again, shaping some of the area outside the ring of mountains into a large, dry desert, to make it even harder for invaders to reach the area.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »

X the Undefined, perceiving the furthering of Its elaborate plans, uses Its powers to begin the lengthy process of corrupting Its creation.

-3 Mana. -1 Alignment for the plateau.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 04:15:21 pm »

X the Undefined, perceiving the furthering of Its elaborate plans, uses Its powers to begin the lengthy process of corrupting Its creation.

Nothing lives there.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »

Nothing lives there.
Alignment changes can be applied to regions as well as cities.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

Tectonic plates shifted in just the right place at the right time, and an entirely innocent mountain made the island just off the coast into a cauldron of firey death. Magma flowed down, rendering the plain prior burnt and blackened. Tectonic activity made mountains from nothing, but the original mountain stood tallest: if you got to the top, you would be at the end of the planet's atmosphere. From below, you could see the entire world, such as it was.

It was not a god that did this. Gods don't have to do everything.

Roll the die, and random chance will do things you wouldn't think it could do.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:13:11 pm by Fniff »
Pages: [1] 2 3