Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Hell Hole: How to Destroy the Circus Tent (spoilers)  (Read 7723 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hell Hole: How to Destroy the Circus Tent (spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »

The only way I know of to destroy revealed slade is to carve fortifications in it and cast obsidian over it, then mine out the obsidian. If there's more slade directly over the slade you want to remove, this could get tricky unless you first remove the slade above. The same method applies there, too.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hell Hole: How to Destroy the Circus Tent (spoilers)
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:01 am »

Sorry about my earlier post. I forgot about the way gravity affects blocks.

Wait, what if there's a river at the site you want to collapse? Would that mean we could turn an embark into a giant dwarven swimming pool?

Better yet, could we make the map collapse so far that the same happens (as a much shallower variation) with the magma sea? If we dig in such a manner as to cause an aquifer to end up on top of the whole mess after collapse, obsidianizing a section of lava, we could use pumps to create a giant lava delivery system for the next embark over. In DF2014, that would mean a multi-fortress magma gun, and an extremely large one at that.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 [2]