Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we skip round five in return for a free shape land action next round?

YES!
- 4 (50%)
No!
- 1 (12.5%)
Meh
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 02:04:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation  (Read 9992 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »

I think it was mentioned there's life in the forest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

Forests are generally full of life.

And...let's see. Are the undefined areas rocky, sandy, soily, grassy, or what? And what kind of life did it start with? Nothing? Worms? Bugs? Rodents, lizards? Small carnivores?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »

I mean non-tree life. Anyway, I imagnne the non-defined areas are just a huge, blank area of soil. Kinda like a plain with no grass. No life beyond microbes, either, I bet.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

According to the rule book there is corrupt city and corrupt civ. but no corrupt region.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2014, 04:59:50 pm »

According to the rule book there is corrupt city and corrupt civ. but no corrupt region.
Look at the descriptions for Corrupt X.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »

I mean non-tree life.
So do I.

Anyway, I imagnne the non-defined areas are just a huge, blank area of soil. Kinda like a plain with no grass. No life beyond microbes, either, I bet.
I'm asking the GM's opinion so I can guess how life might evolve in this world, if at any given stage we gods stopped screwing with everything.

Oh, and that reminds me. How much life is in the ocean? Microbes? Plankton? Small fish? Big fish? Marine mammals/reptiles? How about benthic life? Crabs? Coral reefs? Octopi?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »

What is the cost?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:31 am »

Forests are generally full of life.

And...let's see. Are the undefined areas rocky, sandy, soily, grassy, or what? And what kind of life did it start with? Nothing? Worms? Bugs? Rodents, lizards? Small carnivores?
the undefined regions are well..... undefined. Not completely bare, so perhaps a large grassy plain? Life is assumed to just be there - nothing of note enough to catch attention, or to cause harm to anything passing through - but still with a base presence. Not very diverse, with nothing much more fantastic than a few large grazers, such as bison (or similar). Life will be assumed to be simple Earth-like unless someone goes to define any of it in detail. (If it makes it more logical, this can have been said to have 'evolved' in the stages before sentient life appears, from simple microbial life)

On the subject of the oceans, it's much the same. plenty of edible fish, not much that could threaten a human level creature. maybe a rare whale or shark.

Adding terrain makes things more interesting. A forest gives a far larger biodiversity, sustaining arboreal habitats, creatures such as wolves and boar, etc...

If things need clarifying further, please ask.

What is the cost?
Same as for a city - a region does not directly affect any mortals, and thus I'm going with the lower cost.

And on that note, fniff is up
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2014, 09:20:17 am »

Hm. That's...well, it means no one has to create life unless they want something special, but on the other hand it means I can't speculate much on how life might evolve between turns.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »

Hm. That's...well, it means no one has to create life unless they want something special, but on the other hand it means I can't speculate much on how life might evolve between turns.
feel free to speculate. As I say, it's only mundane until someone describes otherwise - as long as it isn't magical/clearly advantageous, it'as likely to receive a place in world.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »

I could, but it would be boring for the most part.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »

I describe my created territory as lifeless. Damned animals aren't getting into my blighted wasteland!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:20 pm »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 08:12:52 pm »

Tectonic, dammit. I was thinking "Huh, Teutonic, wonder what that means". Damn you, spellchecker, for making that word seem so innocent.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:45 pm »

Teutonic Plates
If that's what Teutonic Plates are, what would Tectonic Knights be like?
(The joke being based on the Teutonic Knights.)

Also, you're a bit late to have the first mountains.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11