Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we skip round five in return for a free shape land action next round?

YES!
- 4 (50%)
No!
- 1 (12.5%)
Meh
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 02:04:40 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation  (Read 9978 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Applications - Coop World Generation
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 05:11:38 pm »

If it's not too late I'd like to apply. Also, the rule book implied we were gods but you implied we were mortals which is it? If it's mortals then how would we do the world building in the First Age?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 05:16:07 pm »

I assume it'll be abstract nature forces then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:57 pm »

If it's not too late I'd like to apply. Also, the rule book implied we were gods but you implied we were mortals which is it? If it's mortals then how would we do the world building in the First Age?
It's less specified. I think it works best if the players don't have specific characters in the game.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:13 pm »

It's less specified. I think it works best if the players don't have specific characters in the game.
In that case how would RPing work?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »

Exactly like writing a third-person novel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »

You're not the first to ask.
Sig

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:49 pm »

If there is one more space, i would like to be apart of this.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Interest Check - Coop World Generation
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »

A certain amount of RP would be expected.
Quote from: Rules
Usually players do not take on the role of a particular god...
Hm-hm.
I interpreted the statement as not having a particular aspect - the RP would for example explain why a dragon is able to raise elves to march to war.

Applying. Also, I assume roleplaying in this context means detailing events and such.
^ This.
Are we allowed to make a specific god for arp and world building purposes if we want to?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: Interest Check - Coop World Generation
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:50 pm »

A certain amount of RP would be expected.
Quote from: Rules
Usually players do not take on the role of a particular god...
Hm-hm.
I interpreted the statement as not having a particular aspect - the RP would for example explain why a dragon is able to raise elves to march to war.

Applying. Also, I assume roleplaying in this context means detailing events and such.
^ This.
Are we allowed to make a specific god for arp and world building purposes if we want to?
I believe so.
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:16 pm »

I think that'd count as creating an avatar (Means a creature/being that acts in the world for you), so I guess it would be allowed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »

Or just saying "There is a God of X. It exists and is blamed for stuff."
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »

Of course, generally in fantasy fiction gods act a lot more then they do in real life. Less subtly as well. Really, you'd have to create an avatar if you wanted a roleplayable god. I mean, what fun is it roleplaying a character who just observes and is occasionally silently annoyed when people say it's name in vain? :P

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »

We'll yes but I was thinking more in the stile of creation myth gods then Greek level interaction gods. Plus, if someone else also did it we could have our arguments IC. Plus some Third Age actions involve direct contact.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:14:51 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 08:18:10 pm »

Of course, generally in fantasy fiction gods act a lot more then they do in real life. Less subtly as well.
Not always. I've seen some where gods exist exactly as much as I'm going to need to think long and hard about how to finish that statement without infuriating most people on Earth.

We'll yes but I was thinking more in the stile of creation myth gods then Greek level interaction gods. Plus, if someone else also did it we could have our arguments IC. Plus some Third Age actions involve direct contact.
Hm...planningses.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11