Needs another GM
- 0 (0%)
Needs frecking map
- 1 (25%)
Needs something else (specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)  (Read 15337 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:09 pm »

Wait, can you clarify a bit? I notice a torpedo? Is it aimed at me? Already fired? WTF?!?!
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 12:44:34 am »

Freck. Either my English sucks or something else. You know, the part of th automobile's cabin in front of the driver, where the rudder and speedometer and such are situated, I heard that it was called torpedo by drivers several times. No actual torpedo in sunglasses 8)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:41 pm »

Yo people, new poll is up.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread) [New poll is up]
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:03 pm »

Spoiler: Some symbolics of Men (click to show/hide)

Screwy drawings, but they give general ideas.
Sigs

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 01:50:51 pm »

Thanks, that helps give a general perspective of the continent.

Can I assume the blue to the south is the elves? Where are the dragon born, dwarves, and Orks located? Respectively.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2014, 02:47:04 pm »

Dwarves in the north of the map, slightly brown-ish.
Dragonborn in the south-west, to the right from the elves, gray-ish.
Orcs are scattered in the mountans at the east of men's empire and further to the east in Wildlands. Complete map will be also available as soon as I draw it.
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:06 am »

Can I get a list of what I can see in the shop please.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:58 am »

Well, various revolvers, too small for you, mostly shitty assembled, though you see a bit of nice ones. Rifles, bolt-action ones, lever-action rifles, some shitty, some not. Munitions. That is all.
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2014, 11:09:57 am »

What kind of munitions? Just bullets or does it happen to include very large crates full of things that go boom?
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »

Since there are flintlock rifles and revolvers, there are some sacks of gunpowder. Those might go boom. But mostly those are bullets.
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:07 pm »

Darn. The first time my magic really works for me and the guy has nothing useful to give me. Why am I not surprised.
Now it never would.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

Well, answering your IC post, I like how this RtD is played. Sure, the goals and story line for each character may not intertwine, or be shorter, but it's very open. You can be anything you want, pretty much. For example, we have a small hobbit who is a trader. We also have a captain of a huge ship with a crew of 200 men. It all varies. Personally, if you could somehow wind us all together into a single quest to, say, finally bring down the Fascist human empire, that'd be even cooler. But in the end, this is a fun RtD with a good setup and widespread, simplistic rule system, which is enjoyable.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 02:07:16 am »

Well, I'll mind that. But for now, not all the characters want to bring down empires. And, which is more important, the only guys who want fascist empire down immediately are Elves, who have no power to do so. Dwarves have their status-quo well-protected, and Dragonborn are constantly wanting to have their lands back (all the western coast on the map given somewhere above), but they want it passively and preferably in diplomatic way. And are also well protected and able to withstand the war machine.

I actually have a good idea of a quest. Since Elves suck loose their territories with horrible speed, they'll have large arks built and loaded to leave their homeland once and for all in search of new lands beyond the sea.
Another quest idea is Covilizationing Of Wildlands - a huge campaign of men who are going to expand their empire into Wildlands and who are going to have lotsa problems with that.
And yet another quest idea is once again under authority of men - they are gathering squads to retrieve artifacts from castles and dungeons long forgotten in the period of industrialization.
Fourth quest idea is an squad of experimental light weaponry testing (actually almost each nation has one), but one doesn't simply signs up into these.
Like that.

EDIT: Also, it is pretty hard to make a couple of you, since you're all in pretty different places of this world. But I'll try, since then you'll have roleplay possibilities and such.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:35:16 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2014, 01:54:53 pm »

Well, you don't have to have all of us connected in a single turn. You could make a web that takes weeks or even months, where we are slowly pulled together. Personally, I like the human resettling idea, since that requires resource management and is challenging, while also having large amounts of lemmings I mean settlers.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »

Well, I just cannot think of a point for gathering a couple of dragonborn gunslinger-girls, cynic human assassin, half-trollish outcast, half-orcish mage and typical human adventurer with his friendo-s in a party. What a perverted evil mastermind tactical genius can think of a reason?

About resettling... you see, the first wave wil consist of auxiliary army units, who are seeking for legal citizenship in Empire and money. Then, they will be followed by regular colonial armies of men to ensure order. And finally there will be civilians. All that happens (well, supposed to) in a decade. Your part in it will be mostly in the auxiliary forces part.
Men are cynic basterds - they want to conquer those lands not with blood of their own soldiers, but with blood of all the scum they want to get rid of.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7