Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Gunfire [5/5]  (Read 6059 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Gunfire [5/5]
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:18 am »

Gunfire

It is 3000 years into the future. Earth, long since abandoned by it's leaders, has become a desolate wasteland as the countless orbital battles created so much debris that any shuttle launch from the ground to orbit would be suicide. Many ground bases have also been targeted by experimental bombardment weaponry, blasting apart the ground of the Earth. All of Earth's resources have been used by the de facto leaders of  the remnants of humanity to develop protective shields against falling debris and invasions by barbaric space-invaders.

However, even with their desperate attempts to protect themselves, many of their enemies have found ways to breach the shield and raid their settlements. In addition to the harsh climates, the scarce amount of resources, criminals and genetically-modified monsters, the invaders have culled the weaker of what was left of Earth's humans, forcing them to take up arms. Battling against multiple foes at once, each stronger than themselves, they were indirectly trained to become the most fearsome warriors in the system.

Even with their natural superwarriors, it was a war of attrition, and they were losing. That was when the next best thing happened. People from another star system, returning back from colonization. Shocked at what had happened, they were determined to stop them. They didn't have the resources to stave off the orbit-based humans, so they decided to use one resource they could never use: their enemy.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad (click to show/hide)

Game will start around tomorrow-ish. No first-come first-served. I'll pick it by the most fitting and creative backstory, and there's a waitlist and a high mortality rate, so don't worry!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:04:11 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Gunfire [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:07:34 am »

I'm not entirely clear on this... who are we supposed to be working for?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:45:52 am by Harry Baldman »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:19:32 am »

I'm not entirely clear on this... who are we supposed to be working for?

Other spacefaring humans that have returned to the Solar System. The enemy is a bunch of space pirates who've blockaded escape from Earth. You've been smuggled out of Earth and are a small elite group who's mission is to cut the enemy power and weaken them.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Also, the weapons you have (or are used to) are modern day weapons like glocks and AK-47's. You can use laser and ion weapons but you haven't been taught how to.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:35:42 am »

Okay. Do aliens exist? Or do only GMOs cause trouble?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:40:01 am »

Okay. Do aliens exist? Or do only GMOs cause trouble?
There are some artifacts and some remnants of old civilizations, but no actual life has been contacted.
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:46:27 am »

Right, then. Is my sheet okay?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:49:10 am »

Name:Mark "Hellhound" Harrison

Bio: Mark is upbeat and likes to be with people he can talk and laugh with though he gets protective of people he counts as friends and loves to tell his stories of killing stuff with his Knife "Fang". He still has the scars from the mutant dog on his arms he has fire tattoos over the scars which along with the the head and decal got him the nickname Hellhound.

History: Mark was 14 when a raid on his home changed his life forever where some of the Mutants got past the shield. Mark was in school when the alert went out and headed to the Bunker when he saw dead soldier's along with some dead mutants that looked like a massive dog had taken steroid's he decides his needs out weighed his respect for the dead and took some webbing ammo along with a shotgun and combat knife. Distracted from his posing in front of a mirror by scream's and high on power from having a gun he charged to the source finding two of the Mutants chasing civilians.

Still feeling high Mark let out a wild whoop and charged one of the beasts blasting it three times before a direct hit to the head killed it. Mark's rampage was cut short by the other Mutant leaping on him as he turned around Mark's life was saved by luck putting the shotgun between him and the jaws. Mark would have died if not for one of the civilians throwing a rock at the Mutant distracting it long enough for Mark to pull his knife and stab it in the throat.

The civilians he saved helped him back to the bunker where he received medical attention for the claw slashes from being leapt on. Mark kept the head of the mutant he had knifed and got a decal of it on his armor to remind him of the event, the near save and how important a knife is but nothing is more important then to have then friends at your back.

Specialization: [CQC]
Weapon: [Shotgun]

Good Trait: Gun nut, Perceptive, Upbeat
Bad Trait: Fear of being alone, Gun nut, over protective,
Captain:no
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:16:59 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 07:49:58 am »

Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:06 am »

RESERVED.

Name: Traia [try-er] 'Pinhead' Fairweight

Bio:
Personality: highly abrasive, has trouble remembering or caring about others, trains obsessively when off-duty, categorises new acquaintances according to ease of execution and/or utility to herself/the goals of the current mission, when not in a combat situation suffers from even shorter temper and jitters, believed to be addicted to adrenaline.
Appearance: average height, average weight, closely cropped blonde hair, plain face.
Background: Recruited young at 14, Traia has been several things over her short stint of military service; a grunt, a sniper and an assassin. But the one thing she has always been is a spiller of blood. Killing others is how she defines herself; in the world of say... 2000 AD she would have most likely become a serial killer, but now she's a soldier, a defender of humanity and a damn good one at that. She's mostly forgotten her family, finding her time with them stifling and boring, though they never stop trying to get in contact with her for some reason. Through a measure of luck, effort and helpful squad mates Traia escaped the 'mandatory' psych evaluations that others have to attend, stopping her from being sent to The Gates, the No 1 facility for PTSD and shellshock around.

Specialization: Markswoman [Long/Middle Range]
Weapon: Sniper Rifle

Good Trait: Ruthless, Hunter Instincts, Adrenaline-based Reflex Boost, Very Skilled At Long Range Combat.
Bad Trait: Antagonistic, Bloodthirsty, Adrenaline-based Aggression Boost, Very Perceptive Of Other's Flaws.

Captain:
No.

Going for a semi-psychotic former child assassin/soldier here. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:36:30 am by Gamerlord »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 08:06:02 am »

Signing up.
Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:34:17 am »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:44:06 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:10 am »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »

Okey-dokey. Well, the first five will be: Dwarmin (Captain), killerhellhound, Gamerlord, darkpaladin109, and BFEL! Harry Baldman will be first to go after one of you is killed.

Nothing was wrong with any of your sheets; in fact, I liked all of them. I just chose those who would have specializations and traits that would be more cohesive as a team, while still be interesting for all of them being psychos.

Also Dwarmin: You can write in the ship and squad sheets now and discuss it with the squad.

Pre-Turn:

A loud siren wails as your shuttle docks in the SS Centurion. A recorded voice orders all personnel to clear the deck as your shuttle lands in the landing pad. You disembark one by one as the guards scan you for weaponry. They don't really look like guards, though; more like civilian scientists with a mask that "tries" to intimidate and a handgun which you think is just for show.

A man appears above you, leaning on the railing and giving you a smirk. He looks tall, with shaved hair and a scar running down his cheek. He's in his 50's and looks like the only one who's been in a fight in this ship. He calls over to you.

"Welcome to the SS Centurion. My name is Albus Agrippa, Lord Captain of this ship. Pleasure to finally meet you." He walks down the staircase and shakes hands with each one of you, stopping at Desmond. "Ah, Captain Desmond. Your ship is ready to be fitted. Please discuss this with your squad. Your first mission will start tomorrow at 600 hours."

He brings you to a lounge with a rounded rectangular table with five seats around it. It's air-conditioned and has a smell of perfume. The Captain takes his leave and leaves you to meet each other.

You can now roleplay!

EDIT: Bad grammar. (Thanks Gamer!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:14:26 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:57 pm »

((Little tip: you used you're instead of your a lot.))

Traia just sits down at the table and begins drumming her fingers on it, looking left and right.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 08:12:45 pm »

((Little tip: you used you're instead of your a lot.))

Traia just sits down at the table and begins drumming her fingers on it, looking left and right.

*dies a bit inside*

Yeah this happens when I don't write English on a daily basis.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8