Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69579 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollenating.
« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »

In space: no-one can hear you hang
-snip-
* -snip-
-snip-
Not sure if Kaijuu's mum, or Kaijuu's doctor.

Also somehow I have trepidation about sex in the sigtext.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:30:44 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

In space: no-one can hear you hang
-snip-
* -snip-
-snip-
Not sure if Kaijuu's mum, or Kaijuu's doctor.

I'm not sure either. Someone snipped all the evidence out.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2014, 07:12:13 pm »

Yahtzee actually wrote a blog post awhile ago I quite like and can relate to parts of:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Admittedly, in the spam metaphor I've more had a can or two leap off the shelves at me, but couldn't even find any desire to open the can and found I only appreciated the can for it's personality and the aesthetic quality of the artwork. And I feel like I'm trying to stretch the spam metaphor a bit too far...

It's interesting the high percentage of people who identify as asexual in this poll, since the number you tend to see thrown around is 1%. So either something about Dwarf Fortress inherently appeals to people who identify as asexual, asexuality is a lot more common than people think (the 1% is usually thought to be an under-estimate, after all) and it's just not noticed by virtue of not being an obvious or openly acknowledged sexuality in the mainstream, or some other possibilities I've not thought to write.

Times like this I wish I had gone into psychology instead of computer science, just so I could effectively science this...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:29:15 pm by MorleyDev »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 04, 2014, 07:44:44 pm »

Last quote I had referenced it via "getting laid" and attributing that no one on the forums has time for that, because everyone's too busy playing dwarf fortress. So, yeah.

It's not like it's describing explicit acts in graphic detail or anything, and if anyone is using the forums and hasn't had "the talk" yet then they really shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

And considering how often terminology such as f*ck or c*nt or d*ck or *ss or whatever is used on the internet, including in posts on this forum, I don't see how such a sig would be any more of a problem than the use of such lovely terms.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 04, 2014, 08:09:00 pm »

We all secretly want to be part of a chaotic orgy of biting, scratching, and shaking.  And it all ends in a satisfying cry that leaves us with no regrets, but rathrr an urge to spend 3years preparing to try it again, with a kink ;)

DF is really just a sexual metaphor put forth by Adams.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:11:09 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 05, 2014, 03:29:47 am »

We all secretly want to be part of a chaotic orgy of biting, scratching, and shaking.  And it all ends in a satisfying cry that leaves us with no regrets, but rathrr an urge to spend 3years preparing to try it again, with a kink ;)

DF is really just a sexual metaphor put forth by Adams.

Wowow, I'm not sure I'd consider it gone that far >.>

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 05, 2014, 05:39:01 am »

I think there is a difference between "asexual" and "celibate". One implies a lack of interest (libido), and the other imples an objection to having sex. An asexual may or may not be a celibate (just not interested, versus not interested + thats wrong), and a celibate may or may not be an asexual (has sexual desire but refuses to have sex because its wrong, versus not interested + thats wrong).

*googles* celibacy also seems to imply being unmarried and a few other things.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.
« Reply #653 on: April 05, 2014, 06:51:58 am »

Celibacy versus aseuxality is the difference between refusing to eat spam because it's made by some immoral corporation, or it's unhealthy, or some other reason, while asexuality is just not liking spam.

Also, can't talk about spam without linking a certain skit.

The vikings are how a lot of asexuals view other people.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 05, 2014, 06:54:39 am »

* Darvi lights the Descan-signal.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 05, 2014, 07:18:08 am »

And considering how often terminology such as f*ck or c*nt or d*ck or *ss or whatever is used on the internet, including in posts on this forum, I don't see how such a sig would be any more of a problem than the use of such lovely terms.
I dunno, I see it as the difference between talking about it in conversation, and having it as a bumper sticker.
If you enter a thread called 'Sexuality', you're pretty much making an unspoken agreement that you know what you're getting into.
But if a person with an offensive sigtext (which sex is not, but is a little squickable) were to post in the upper forums, then all of the hyper intelligent children up there are subjected to the vaguely radical views of us lower-forumites.
Granted, you may drive said hypothetical car with hypothetical bumper sticker only in hypothetical Vegas, but it could still put off the metaphorical tourists.

That being said, your sigtext personally is rather innocuous and >4 witty, so I don't have a problem with it specifically.
She's my waifu.
Critical sexuality assessment fail.
Sorry, I must've mixed you up with someone else.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 05, 2014, 12:06:56 pm »

Straight dude reporting in for oppressor duty.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 05, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »

She's my waifu.
Critical sexuality assessment fail.
Sorry, I must've mixed you up with someone else.
More forgivable than you might think. I spent a while certain I'd end up with a man.

It's nice not being limited to half the human species.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 05, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »

* Darvi lights the Descan-signal.
* Descan drops in from the roof!

* Descan splats on the floor.

* Descan ded.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:51:55 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

It's nice not being limited to half the human species.

It's not that were limited, it's just that at least half doesn't interest us.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50