Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69630 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2014, 06:37:30 pm »

It is worth noting the "You just haven't done it right yet" is the kind of attitude that one finds contributes to practices like corrective rape, so you can see why people'd have a negative reaction to the suggestion.

But really, the key part people seem to be missing is "Sexual Attraction". Heck, an asexual could enjoy sex on a base "stimulate endorphins" level but they don't experience that Sexual Attraction to anyone. They don't look at a person and go "Yes they certainly could stimulate my Mr Happy!" or "Boy, I sure want their pipe inside my vajayjay!" or whatever it is people think/feel through sexual attraction (I wouldn't exactly know).

Now, some also experience discomfort or disgust at the thought of having sex (in the same way many heterosexuals experience discomfort at the thought of having consensual homosexual sex). Others are merely apathetic to the idea (in the same way that many heterosexuals are just apathetic to the idea of having consensual homosexual sex, they don't have any issue with it they just know it's "not for them"). Some can/do have sex, but it doesn't hold that same primal meaning for them (in the same way a heterosexual could potentially have consensual homosexual sex, but it'd be a dispassionate thing and not hold the same meaning heterosexual sex would to them. Emotionally it'd probably be more akin to an act of masturbation that happened to involve another than 'Sex' with a capital S in that regard).

And of course all other possibilities on the great spectrum of humanity.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:02:07 pm by MorleyDev »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 22, 2014, 03:11:17 pm »

Heh...

I'll be honest, I'm 23 and I still have no clue. Never being in a relationship hasn't really helped either  :-\ For a long time I have assumed that I was asexual because it just doesn't come up for me, but I'm starting to wonder now whether I might be gay and just have a REALLY low libido. I'm not sure.

For the purposes of the poll I'm gonna go with "asexual" but this stuff is all confusing :P

EDIT: And then I derp and click the wrong thing, and I can't take it back apparently. Oh well. XD

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 30, 2014, 03:23:13 pm »

Well I'm in the gay camp. 

I'm actually surprised that we have more Asexuals than gay/lesbians in here.

as for the post above me,  that might fall under  Homo-romantic Grey-A or  HR Demisexual depending on when said moments of arousal happen.

Other convo from early in the thread.  I love me some bears.    Which is why I made that bear flag for my sig.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 30, 2014, 04:01:53 pm »

I guess it's because we're heavy on the below-25 awkward male segment - there's bound to be some psychological effects there (like the ones I observe in myself...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 08, 2014, 07:51:11 pm »

That isn't what I said. You can still be asexual and never have had sex, but if you are calling yourself asexual because you didn't have the best first time, maybe you should give it a second shot.
I don't think anyone is asexual because their first time wasn't the best. I think people are asexual because the thought of sex doesn't turn them on whatsoever. My sister is asexual and biromantic, she enjoys physical contact, and romantic acts and gestures, even going so far as to get sexual enjoyment out of them, but she just doesn't find the act of sex itself to be... well, sexy.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 08, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

Why? This is Dwarf Fortress. We don't have time to get laid, we're too busy micromanaging depressed alcoholic midgets.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 08, 2014, 08:04:25 pm »

That isn't what I said. You can still be asexual and never have had sex, but if you are calling yourself asexual because you didn't have the best first time, maybe you should give it a second shot.
I don't think anyone is asexual because their first time wasn't the best. I think people are asexual because the thought of sex doesn't turn them on whatsoever. My sister is asexual and biromantic, she enjoys physical contact, and romantic acts and gestures, even going so far as to get sexual enjoyment out of them, but she just doesn't find the act of sex itself to be... well, sexy.
My brother is kind of like that, but he's asexual, aromantic, and a-people-in-general. Dude is 27 and still hasn't moved out of our parents' house, though, (partly out of sheer apathy, partly out of hilariously bad poverty, and partly because no one will be around to do chores and stuff [mom and dad both have severe medical issues] if he moves,) so I'm sure that doesn't help things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 08, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

I picked bisexual, though that's just the sexual part honestly. If it came to anything serious/romantic I don't really have any interest in men.

Not sure if this kind of thing has been discussed yet, but I just do NOT get this. I've seen other girls who say this and it baffles me.

Perhaps its just cuz I'm a man, but this seems almost offensive. It probably shouldn't be, but it feels like you're saying "I consider men nothing more then fleshy dildos"
It almost feels like seeing someone who thinks of women as objects, but gender flipped.

Anyone wanna educate me on how this is different?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 08, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »

I picked bisexual, though that's just the sexual part honestly. If it came to anything serious/romantic I don't really have any interest in men.

Not sure if this kind of thing has been discussed yet, but I just do NOT get this. I've seen other girls who say this and it baffles me.

Perhaps its just cuz I'm a man, but this seems almost offensive. It probably shouldn't be, but it feels like you're saying "I consider men nothing more then fleshy dildos"
It almost feels like seeing someone who thinks of women as objects, but gender flipped.

To be frank, the body wants what the body wants, and that doesn't always match what the heart and brain want. I've never been particularly interested in a relationship with a man, despite my unchecked carousing way-back-when, because I'm not interested in being in a relationship with them. Simple as that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »

You're a dude, right?  Presumably you have male friends?  If you on top of that wanted to fuck a dude, that does not mean that you consider him "nothing more than a fleshy dildo."  There's the friend part, too, which means you think he's human.  Unless of course you think romance = friend, which is a different kettle of fish.

The problem with people thinking of women as objects is that usually they are actually thought of as objects.  That precludes seeing them as contributing members of society, potential friends, human beings in general, anything but food for the genitalia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 08, 2014, 09:15:11 pm »

This is Dwarf Fortress. We don't have time to get laid, we're too busy micromanaging depressed alcoholic midgets.
You just done got sigged bro.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 08, 2014, 09:19:50 pm »

Why? This is Dwarf Fortress. We don't have time to get laid, we're too busy micromanaging depressed alcoholic midgets.
Cloudsprites begs to differ.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 08, 2014, 09:21:27 pm »

I don't know how exactly you see it that way. Casual sex is casual sex. Doesn't matter who's the one wanting it casual. Besides I'm married. Just it's an open relationship so I can still go have fun too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2014, 12:43:09 am »

Besides I'm married. Just it's an open relationship so I can still go have fun too.

ugh

* Descan stares at you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 09, 2014, 12:50:04 am »

Question: Does that actually qualify as polygamy? Just out of curiosity about how we term things...
If Janet and her partner are fine with an open relationship then great! Enjoy! I'm glad that two mutually consenting adults were about to go about that honestly instead of going behind each others backs and destroying that relationship, but for the sake of our filing system, we need to know what folder to put this under. Is there a separate sexual preference for favoring open relationships? Is this a common trait or more obscure? Is this perhaps something all people can be bought around to with the right stimuli, or are you born into it? We need data!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50