Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69526 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.
« Reply #675 on: April 06, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »

The funny thing is, I find both interesting but I'm pretty sure less than half the human population is actually attractive even if you consider both sexes...
Oh, way less than half. Probably closer to 25%, or even 10%. And there for a while, I had much lower standards than I do now. There are a lot of really ugly people out there.
To be fair, a lot of the other 75% is made up of a few really fat people.
Those numbers are also entirely subjective. I, personally, tend to have very high external beauty standards, probably because I've never found anyone I could love for her personality, but some of my friends are perfectly happy being in relationships with quite homely people.
I have a friend who openly admits to having a preference in that direction. We still make jokes about his ex, though~
Towards ugliness?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 06, 2014, 03:17:57 pm »

Fatness. Leading to the joke "She's so fat, not even [friend] would like her!"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 06, 2014, 03:19:51 pm »

That's a legitimate fetish, as far as I know.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 06, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »

Yeah, that's why we don't make fun of him (or his current girlfriend, for that matter).

We never knew the old one, though, so she kinda became the Fat Person An Sich.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 06, 2014, 05:18:02 pm »

"rape them straight"
Sorry, I thought you were a guy.
In which case that's either impossible or counterintuitive.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #680 on: April 06, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »

Sorry, I thought you were a guy.
In which case that's either impossible or counterintuitive.

a guy
impossible

....sorry, no. Can't let this slide: It is entirely possible for a woman to rape a man. Uncommon compared to the inverse, perhaps, but definitely not an impossibility. It's unfortunately true that the 'corrective rape' of men by women is not an unheard of horror story.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:10:48 am by MorleyDev »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:03 pm »

And it's very much established that a man can rape a man. That reminds me: Would you mind picking up that piece of soap over there?
The Bay12 postcard club

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 06, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »

A dude raping another dude straight would be... kind of... stupid? Pointless? I'm trying to find a word that isn't "irrational" because that's kind of obvious.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 06, 2014, 05:51:45 pm »

I'm not sure what else you are looking for in the thought processes of those types of people though.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #684 on: April 06, 2014, 05:53:13 pm »

It is also not unheard of for assaults on gay men by homophobic men or gangs to include rape. Irrational and horrific obviously, that goes without saying, but there's nothing rational or not-horrific about any kind of homophobic assault. The logic seems to be less the already stupid idea of 'raping them straight', and more a way of 'punishing them'. Makes a disturbing sense given it's a power-and-control thing and not a sexual thing. Still insanity though...

Reading about and discussing this kind of thing often makes me sad about how shitty the world can be...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:13:07 am by MorleyDev »

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Well, at my high school before I graduated last year there were flyers that promoted "Hetero-camp."

A friend of mine went there because his parents made him. They hired prostitutes to have sex with the opposite gender in order to make them straight.

It works about as well as you would think. My friend is still gay. And, yes. I am a guy.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:39 pm »

Well, at my high school before I graduated last year there were flyers that promoted "Hetero-camp."

A friend of mine went there because his parents made him. They hired prostitutes to have sex with the opposite gender in order to make them straight.

It works about as well as you would think. My friend is still gay. And, yes. I am a guy.

How many people pretended to be gay to go there?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »

One does not "pretend to be gay." Because if anyone thought that you were not a heterosexual or if you enjoyed anything that isn't "American" you got your ass kicked. Hard. I've still got hospital visits to pay off due to me casually talking about my love of anime.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 06, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

One does not "pretend to be gay." Because if anyone thought that you were not a heterosexual or if you enjoyed anything that isn't "American" you got your ass kicked. Hard. I've still got hospital visits to pay off due to me casually talking about my love of anime.

I'm starting to understand the reason why the US has so many school shootings...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2014, 06:11:18 pm »

Well, I like to think that this is the one area of the country that is this bad. Scratch that. I hope that this the one part of the country that is like that.

GENERATION 29:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50