Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Fanfic Recomendations  (Read 109015 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfic Recomendations
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

Hm. I'm running a Naruto kick right now and need something to read. Naruto/Hinata, Naruto/Anko and decent Naruto/Harem preferred.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »

Hmm White Rain? The shipping you requested is a side thing due to the setting but its a very interesting read. Don't be put off by the masochism mentions in the warning at the start, its a characterization thing, not an author kink.

Oh and while not a fanfic theres Defying Fate: Neji Quest, an ongoing spacebattles Quest where Neji is the reincarnation of MASTER ASIA - THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:07:34 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »

Oh and while not a fanfic theres Defying Fate: Neji Quest, an ongoing spacebattles Quest where Neji is the reincarnation of MASTER ASIA - THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST
<3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2014, 10:58:51 pm »

You guys are wonderful. :D

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:27 pm »

If your posting quest threads, then I give you Luv and Hate(MuvLuv Alternative/Supreme Commander).

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:23 pm »

Hm. I'm running a Naruto kick right now and need something to read. Naruto/Hinata, Naruto/Anko and decent Naruto/Harem preferred.

You could get into That Look by Lord of the Land of Fire. It's NaruAnko. Isalright. LotLoF has a ridiculous number of most faved/most followed fanfics in the Naruto section, though, so you've probably already read it.

I've read a number of good fics of those three categories, but it's been so long since I divorced myself from the Naruto fandom for the most part that I can't remember them that well.

I have gotten current with Be Careful What You Wish For, the ZnT/Touhou fic that was recommended here. The early bit is basically a ripoff of Hill of Swords, right down to the specific phrasing and words used ("Louise dreamed of flowers and battle."). However, it diverges from that (and from canon in major ways) and gets better in quality as the chapters go on. Somewhere along the way the references stop being humorously annoying and begin being actually funny, at least for me. Overall, it was entertaining. I'd personally dub it somewhere around "decent".

Now I'm moving on to The Empty Cage or whatever it's called. Anyone have any "Wait, before you read that, you absolutely must read this absolutely amazing fic first!"? Nothing against TEC, it even looks pretty good so far, but I'm in the mood for awesomefic.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »

The Mission Stays the Same Mass Effect/Warhammer.  An Eldar Farseer and a Cadian Stormtrooper walk into a warp portal...

Two Warhammer characters are sent to the Mass Effect verse by chaos.  My only complaint about this fic is that most of the missions don't change much, beyond
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is one mission that has been changed in a major way that did show what some of the impact could be thou, and if the story comes out of stasis and reaches Mass Effect 3 then I can definitely see major changes occurring.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:35:55 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

The Empty Cage is good because it isn't over-the-top retarded awesome. It takes a while for the ball to get rolling, but once it does... The author has also published a spin-off of around 100k words, transposing his Naruto/Kuushou into the place of the canon one, and in some ways is almost even better.

Spoiler: Semi-spoilers (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »

The Mission Stays the Same Mass Effect/Warhammer.  An Eldar Farseer and a Cadian Stormtrooper walk into a warp portal...

Two Warhammer characters are sent to the Mass Effect verse by chaos.  My only complaint about this fic is that most of the missions don't change much, beyond
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is one mission that has been changed in a major way did show what some of the impact could be thou, and if the story comes out of stasis and reaches Mass Effect 3 then I can definitely see major changes occurring.

Yeah, that is a good fic. Too bad the author's last message was in (I think) september last year about having writer's block. A shame, really.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »

This was nice. Last time I read it, I think it was in the 200k range, but... whatever. Iirc, inquisitorial ship ends up at Babylon 5. And. Stuff happens! Vaguely remember pretty great stuff. It's been a while.

... probably going to put it on the re-read list, now.

E: There's actually a good handful of damn good B5 fics, now that I think about it. It regularly surprises me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:41:47 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

You know what I'd actually really love to see? A well written fic fitting any of the following descriptions: Naruto with Neji or Hanabi as the main character; Homeworld crossovers (I've found a few, but they all seem to have died); another good FEAR crossover (there is one, The Fearful Void, which is fittingly enough a ZnT cross); and good crossovers between DnD and anything (there are a few--the Halo one; the Quest on /tg/ that dropped a level 20 wizard, a dragon, an airship, and part of a clocktower into Gensokyo; and... yeah, I'm dry).

Hell, I'd even laugh at the novelty of another Liberal Crime Squad crossover. That one wasn't even very good, but it was still funny to read.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »

There's... more than a couple decent 'ruto fics with Neji or Hanabi either as main characters or central figures, for what that's worth. I... can't actually recall any off the top of my head, but they're out there. Be an area you'd have to skim into the smaller fics, though. Lengthy ones are harder to find (though there's still a couple).

E: Actually, I'm looking for one I think I do remember, but... anyway. Fic walking looking for it ran into this: A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar, which I remember being amusing for reasons I can't recall, because the last time I read it was probably not long after it was last updated. Pretty sure it died, but it was fun until then.

Also haha! I wasn't remembering a Neji fic, I was remembering this. Hell if I remember why. Ah well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:07:17 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2014, 08:21:53 pm »

Harbringer Mass Effect/F.E.A.R.
Unfortunatly it's a dead fic, last updated nearly a year ago. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2014, 02:38:36 am »

Harry Potter fanfiction is a "solved game," like checkers or sudoku. It's been computationally completed.

The result: Thirty Hs

It's filed under Angst/Romance as Bellatrix L. / Seamus F., but this doesn't quite do it justice.

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21