Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread  (Read 9803 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:19 am »

The Ultimate Warrior looks confused at the apparent desire of his comrades that he not smash nearby enemies.

"THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF TALKY WORDS! THE UNWORTHY ENTER THE FIELD OF NOW! THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR MUST TRIUMPH OVER THAT WHICH DARES TO PASS THROUGH THE CRUCIBLE OF TESTING! WHERE DOES THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR NEED TO TRAVEL?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

((Note to self: Learn and prepare the Silence spell.))

"Shush! We don't know if they are enemies or no."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »

"SHUSH? WHAT IS SHUSH?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:41 pm »

"Don't talk!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »

"So this is above-ground. It's a lot bigger than I expected..."

Test out new boots!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »

Skitter searches the nearby area for fresh carrion or other dead things, preferably humanoid, as he feels uncomfortable without a servant of some kind.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2014, 05:55:35 pm »

Corfax shakes his head slightly, glancing at his heavily-armored companions. "I will go, then."

Carefully move east towards the disturbance, taking pains to remain undetected. Try to see who or what is there.

[Sneaking rolls unneeded.]
[Spot roll unneeded.]

You creep up on the two tromping creatures, and find to your surprise that they appear to be armored Bugbears. They are moving oddly, almost mechanically, and you can faintly smell rot. You cannot see any flesh on the creatures, enclosed as they are in the full plate, but you suspect that they might not be among the living.

"Then I will climb a tree, and try to find a settlement."

After making sure his goggles are in place, Cog climbs the highest tree he can see, and looks for any signs of a settlement.

[Climb check DC15: d20 (16) + 14 = 30 Pass]
You climb the rather large tree quickly, using your claws to cling tightly to the bark. It almost appears as if you are skittering up the tree, and shortly you are at the tree top, fifty feet up. You gaze around, looking for signs of habitation, and spot a small column of smoke to the south-east, probably about five or six miles away. Other than that, you can see nothing of real note.

The Ultimate Warrior looks confused at the apparent desire of his comrades that he not smash nearby enemies.

"THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF TALKY WORDS! THE UNWORTHY ENTER THE FIELD OF NOW! THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR MUST TRIUMPH OVER THAT WHICH DARES TO PASS THROUGH THE CRUCIBLE OF TESTING! WHERE DOES THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR NEED TO TRAVEL?"

Intelligence check
d20 (16) - 2 = 14 You have successfully parsed why your comrades do NOT want you to smash things. You cherish this tiny nugget of understanding for a brief moment before something shiny catches your eye.

"So this is above-ground. It's a lot bigger than I expected..."

Test out new boots!

You step to one side, and to everyone else, it appears as if you were moving too fast. The step is too slick looking, like you were moving faster than you should be capable of. After a brief moment of consideration, you activate the teleport function on the boots... Unfortunately, you did not specify a direction or destination, so you merely teleport 60' forward into the forest. You were thankfully facing away from the approaching creatures, but now you are a bit separated from the group.

Skitter searches the nearby area for fresh carrion or other dead things, preferably humanoid, as he feels uncomfortable without a servant of some kind.

[Search roll: d20 (16) = 16]

As you search around, you find the jawbone of a long-dead humanoid, possibly an elf. You could try to animate the skeleton if it's close enough to the jawbone, although then you would have to wait for it to dig itself out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:12 pm »

"Oops."

Return to the group the normal way, ie not teleporting.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2014, 06:03:27 pm »

"OOH! WHAT SHINY?"
The Ultimate Warrior looks at the shiny.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Corfax tries to determine what direction the bugbears came from, backing away carefully to return to the rest of the group, keeping his eyes and ears open in case more are nearby.

He glances over his shoulder as he approaches Irlitrix and Drakruldus to appraise them of the situation, "Ss... nothing important. Two armored bugbears, smell of rot. Re-killing could be worthwhile, not good to leave such beasts unmolested near the Mount. Could backtrack later, find point of origin. Or could continue south to humansss. Thoughts?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 06:14:44 pm »

"OOH! WHAT SHINY?"
*smack*
"Quiet!"

Corfax tries to determine what direction the bugbears came from, backing away carefully to return to the rest of the group, keeping his eyes and ears open in case more are nearby.

He glances over his shoulder as he approaches Irlitrix and Drakruldus to appraise them of the situation, "Ss... nothing important. Two armored bugbears, smell of rot. Re-killing could be worthwhile, not good to leave such beasts unmolested near the Mount. Could backtrack later, find point of origin. Or could continue south to humansss. Thoughts?"
"Seems sensible to dispose of the undead."
Sig

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:51 pm »

((assuming Ironclaw has made it back by now. 50' of speed means I can cover the entire distance back in just a little bit of running))

"Perhaps if we eliminate the undead, the humans will be willing to talk to us. We should take care of them and bring rest to the bugbear's souls."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

"See if we can't dispose of those rotting mistakes quickly. We may have a leisurely time to operate on the city, but I'd prefer it if we dealt with interruptions quickly. Besides, a necromancer infestation is hardly something I'd have to deal with right after we've dealt with the city, So here's the plan:

We'll let the big guy run up to them and act as a distraction, then we flank them and put them back under. Sound good?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »

[shadow-silver,left]"Sounds good."
Sig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:27 pm »

((How powerful are the bug-bears? Could I have a shot of Commanding them? Probably not.))
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9