Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread  (Read 9831 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:57 pm »

Furrowing his heavy brow, The Ultimate Warrior tries to recall what he learned in Not Punching Class. Fixing his intense gaze on the pile of maps, he tries to memorize what he can. Knowing his lack of ability with maps, he complements this by carving representations of what he sees on his arm with his knife*.

*Yes, that would be the first weapon on the list there.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »

Furrowing his heavy brow, The Ultimate Warrior tries to recall what he learned in Not Punching Class. Fixing his intense gaze on the pile of maps, he tries to memorize what he can. Knowing his lack of ability with maps, he complements this by carving representations of what he sees on his arm with his knife*.

*Yes, that would be the first weapon on the list there.

DC20 Int Check: (Normally I won't allow critical successes on this kind of test... But if you actually roll a 20, I will seriously let you have this one.)

1d20 (4) - 2 = 2
Well. Complete, abject failure. If you attempt to recall the fact that these maps existed, at any point after this current scene, you must roll a 1% on a percentage roll to even remember the maps existed. Then, if you wish to recall information about the maps, you must roll a 10% on a percentage roll to recall accurate information about them, for example, "The maps were on the table." Or, "The maps were not living."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:10 pm »

"MAP? THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS MOONSPEAK!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2014, 11:49:50 pm »

Corfax sneaks a sidelong glance at the monstrosity towering above him, wondering what the... thing is babbling about.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:09 pm »

((At the start of this, I was dreading Remuthra's character. I am now beginning to greatly enjoy him.))

The Fiery Heart of the Mountain started to speak and stopped as the hybrid monstrosity bellowed this, seemingly out of nowhere, at the top of his lungs. The Dragonlord stared at the hybrid blankly for a long moment, and sighed deeply.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2014, 11:57:15 pm »

"Well...if no-one minds, I think I could make good use of these boots."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2014, 12:14:30 am »

((> were just RP
> therefore unimportant

What are you even doing here man? :P))
((Not so much "unimportant" as "I can post without reading this first".))

The Fiery Heart of the Mountain started to speak and stopped as the hybrid monstrosity bellowed this, seemingly out of nowhere, at the top of his lungs. The Dragonlord stared at the hybrid blankly for a long moment, and sighed deeply.
Drakruldus, too, stared at the creature, before advancing with a bow. "I thank you for your gift. I would like the belt, if no one objects."
(My logic being basically that A. it helps my action economy--a major disadvantage of theurges--and nothing else caught my eye.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 01:02:55 am »

Skitter looks around at the items, wondering which would be useful.

Coming up short after the boots were taken, he takes the cloak.

"If nothing else, at least it's tasteful."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:07:03 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2014, 10:32:50 pm »

The Dragon looks at Irlitrix, then down at the Ring of Spellbattle, a bemused grin upon his face. "I do not believe you can put this to good use, my child. Perhaps something else might serve you better..." The Dragon ponders for a moment, tapping his claws gently, and then he nods suddenly, and takes off his bracers. He hands them to Irlitrix casually, and says, "Here. I have another set somewhere."

(You have acquired Gloves of Dexterity +6!)
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

Irlitrix looked at the gauntlets, before shaking his head.

"I thank you for your offer, but it is unnecessary. I shall be perfectly capable with the body Kurtulmak gave men, and the skills I have trained myself. Our foes may think that I am no match for them, but that is not just how koboldkind survives, but thrives; We rely on our foes ego to assume we are no threat, then we kill them for their foolishness. They should only ever be wise to this on their final breath that the kobolds are the ones they should fear the most, with exception to your magnificence."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

Fiery-Heart-of-the-Mountain cocks his head, still holding out his gauntlets, "It is truly a singular honor to be offered an item which I myself wear, and to refuse such an honor might be construed as an insult to some..." He nods curtly, and withdraws the gauntlets, "To me, however, it shows that you have moral fiber, standards to which you keep yourself to, and a much greater wisdom than you might be given credit for. In addition, so keen is your understanding of the racial attitude of most all kobolds everywhere, that I feel you might surpass even me in that regard. To you, I shall grant no physical boon... But I name you the leader of this expedition, Irlitrix, Master of the Five Forms. I do not name the others subservient to you, but they should keep in mind that I have personally acknowledged your keen grasp of your abilities and the best way to fight our foes, and take your words under special advisement." The Dragon stands from his chair, dropping the bracers on the throne, and waves for the kobolds to gather around.

"It is time for you to go. I shall teleport you a short distance outside the Dragon-Mount, saving you a few hours walk. Any farther and I might make the enemy wizard's think this is an all out assault, and they would meet you with overpowering force." He gestures once, twice, thrice...

You stand in a glade. You can see the Dragon-Mount. It's less than a mile off, and you are to the south of it, within two days journey of Salvale. It is a warm day, and the sun sits low, just beginning it's journey across the heavens. You can hear birds cheeping and other wildlife scurrying about, and there is a gentle breeze coming from the west. You hear the noise of something heavier than most wildlife tromping your direction from the east, and you think you can see something through the trees that appear to be two man-shaped creatures.

What do you do?
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:01 am »

Ironclaw ensures that his anti-sun goggles are firmly in place before looking around at the above-ground world.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 12:52:13 am »

"Alright, stay down, and someone with sharp eyes go see what those two man-things are. I would not have us be revealed so soon. And someone keep that hulk distracted or docile so he doesn't try smashing into everything. He's useful like beetle, but lacks the beetle's common sense, and it's best that we call upon him when we need him, rather than letting him run around pulverising every opportunity to utilize a more subtle approach.

First thing we should do after taking care of these things is to find a small human settlement, this should let us get some practice in, as well as taking care of how we'll get into the city itself."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 01:19:26 am »

Corfax shakes his head slightly, glancing at his heavily-armored companions. "I will go, then."

Carefully move east towards the disturbance, taking pains to remain undetected. Try to see who or what is there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:47 am »

"Then I will climb a tree, and try to find a settlement."

After making sure his goggles are in place, Cog climbs the highest tree he can see, and looks for any signs of a settlement.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9