Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread  (Read 9816 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 07:10:09 pm »

Silently, the Paladin Firebringer thought. He had not seen the surface in over fifty years, had guarded the dragon for almost all of his long, long life. Was he being punished, being sent away? Had he failed the holy dragon? Nonetheless, he had no reason to delay. His mates had long returned to the mountain, his equipment ready as always. In that slow, steady tread he hadn't changed in a century, he headed towards the dragons lair, mind turbulent beneath the thick plates.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »

((Damn my lack of Stunning Palm.))

Cog ignores the Dragonkin.

"Hrmm. Only those who feel inferior feel jealousy. But, as he said, we were chosen, so perhaps we should ask the Great Dragon himself?"
"Good idea, Brother. Perhaps the Great Dragon can explain."

Ironclaw strolled towards the lord's chamber.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »

Posting to watch.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »

After a minute, The Ultimate Warrior seems to realize his worthiness is being questioned.

"YOU DO NOT THINK THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR CAN FACE THE TRIALS OF THE ULTIMATE QUEST? THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS THE GREATEST OF THE WARRIORS TO HAVE UNDERTAKEN THE TRIALS OF SOUL! NO WARRIOR CAN UNDERTAKE THE SACRED COSMIC JOURNEY! THEY ARE TOO WEAK! THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR MUST UNDERTAKE THE PILGRIMAGE OF WORTHINESS! COME TO THE PLANE OF GODS AND SWIRLING! FIND THE TWISTED SQUARE! SEEK THE FIVE-POINTED TRIANGLE! NO CHAMPION WOULD DARE UNDERTAKE WHAT THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR UNDERTAKES!"

Come on, Intimidate Check!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »

After a minute, The Ultimate Warrior seems to realize his worthiness is being questioned.

"YOU DO NOT THINK THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR CAN FACE THE TRIALS OF THE ULTIMATE QUEST? THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS THE GREATEST OF THE WARRIORS TO HAVE UNDERTAKEN THE TRIALS OF SOUL! NO WARRIOR CAN UNDERTAKE THE SACRED COSMIC JOURNEY! THEY ARE TOO WEAK! THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR MUST UNDERTAKE THE PILGRIMAGE OF WORTHINESS! COME TO THE PLANE OF GODS AND SWIRLING! FIND THE TWISTED SQUARE! SEEK THE FIVE-POINTED TRIANGLE! NO CHAMPION WOULD DARE UNDERTAKE WHAT THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR UNDERTAKES!"

Come on, Intimidate Check!

((/me sighs, expecting Remuthra to have an obscene Intimidate check. Check ULTIMATE WARRIAH's sheet, cackle with mad glee.))

Rolls:
ULTIMATE WARRIOR Intimidate check:
1d20 (14) + 6 = 20

Dragonkin Champion's opposed modified Character Level Check:

1d20 (19) + 15 = 34 

The Dragonkin turns to observe the Ultimate Warrior spewing his hate-filled litany, and waits patiently until the irascible creature pauses for breathe, and merely says, "Your mother fucked a Cow-man and your father thought you were so unworthy that he replaced part of you with an unthinking construct's parts, because he thought this would only improve upon your intellect." He turns away and walks off as the Ultimate Warrior tries to parse this.

Ultimate Warrior DC15 Intelligence check:

1d20 (15) - 2 = 13
Failure. 

Moving on!

A short time later, all of you are gathered within the Dragon's parlor. It is a chamber sized for a creature of near-human size, with several furnishings of various sizes and types, all of fine craftsmanship. Fiery Heart of the Mountain is seated in a modestly sized throne, in the guise of a red-scaled Dragonborn human. He is gently clicking his claw tips against the arm of the chair, and those of you who pay attention notice that there are deep punctures there, where his claws touch the chair. In front of him is a large table, perhaps ten feet across in either direction, sized appropriately that even a small Kobold might be able to look upon the maps and charts kept upon it. Most of them are of unknown lands, but the largest is almost five feet across, printed on something that looked like the skin of a human. It shows the Dragon-Mount, and the surrounding forests and swamps. Around the periphery of the forest are four cities marked out, their names strange and foreign sounding. (To those of you who can actually read or speak Common, that is.)

As the indeterminately sized group of Kobolds gather around the table, peering intently at the charts, the Dragon speaks. "You have heard my speech to the Champions. It was mostly the truth. You can see here..." He gestures at the map with one hand, "That our Mount is surrounded by their territory. They have four cities around this forest, although they are not positioned equidistant nor symmetrically. Here to the north-east, and farthest from us by about twenty miles and twenty-seven miles, respectively, are the cities of Rullick and Boroughton. To the south is Salvale, the closest at only forty miles distant. And to the west here is Almsvale, the smallest and least populous of their cities. None of them are the Human's capital cities, nor really cities of any importance, although Salvale has a major trade route close by and Rullick has a mine that breaches a wayward vein of Mithral." He leans back, and steeples his fingers. "The Humans constantly harass us, as you well know. I do not believe they do it maliciously, but we cannot survive it for much longer. It is simply too much strain upon the fragile balance of civilization within this Mount. You lot do not get along solely out of good will for one another."

He shakes his head ruefully, "I fear that if I were not here, or if our resources were even slightly more scarce, this Mount would consume itself in in-fighting within weeks." He looks at the Kobolds before him with his piercing gaze. "You must go out and secure a peace treaty with these Humans. That, or you must so thoroughly convince them that we are not worth the trouble that they withdraw their troops from this area indefinitely. Securing a peace treaty might require placating some petty local officials, perhaps, or it might be as easy as asking. Scaring them off would be a bit more difficult. I suspect you'd have to completely destroy at least one of their cities, and I frankly do not believe you fragile few are capable of such an act. Either way, you must buy us breathing room or we will suffocate. I leave the choice of specific tactics to you."

The Dragon gazed at his chosen Champions for a moment, and a slight frown tugged at his features. "I am... Noticing some discrepancies. One of you is hardly even a kobold at all. A few of you are Children of the Heart... And the rest are merely kobolds. I mean no great disrespect, but you must know that... Your kind is not noted for being the most... Dangerous... Of those that dwell within this mountain. Those of you who are merely brave kobolds not gifted with enhanced abilities, step forward please."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:58 pm »

Skitter nudges the spurs of his boot into his weasel, urging him forward to rest a few feet ahead.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »

Irlitrix stepped forward, still smirking after the dragonkin gave the supposed ultimate warrior a verbal beatdown (Though thanks to the helmet, not many people could tell if he was).
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:13 pm »

Can I still see the maps from here? If so, Cog attempts to memorize them.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:31 pm »

Can I still see the maps from here? If so, Cog attempts to memorize them.

Intelligence test! DC 20, because you didn't specify 'a map' or 'some of the maps'. You're trying to memorize a WHOLE SHITPILE of maps.

1d20 (18) + 1 = 19

You failed by the most narrow of margins. Partial success, you memorized a good portion of most of the maps, but any time you try to use this information in the future, you need to a roll below a 60 on a percentage to recall accurate information.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 10:52:22 pm »

Ironclaw cautiously stepped forward.

"My body and mind may have been trained, Great Dragon, but I remain a humble kobold. I am not sure how much use one such as myself can be compared to these great ones."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:56:05 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 10:52:51 pm »

((I'm gonna assume that the first two pages were just RP and therefore unimportant because the story seems to be starting so I need to jump in.))

Drakruldus listens intently, watching the others, shifting his wings which marked him quite firmly in the "no mere kobold" category, in case the silver sheen to his scales was insufficient. This coloration clearly marked him as one of the newcomers, but Drakruldus had withstood this criticism.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 11:03:19 pm »

((One point. Damn, that went better than expected.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »

Carefully studying the table with eyes slitted, Corfax commits as much of the map of the local area to memory as possible, vaguely recognizing that the Great One is not requesting anything of him. For the moment, at least.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

((> were just RP
> therefore unimportant

What are you even doing here man? :P))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »

Skitter nudges the spurs of his boot into his weasel, urging him forward to rest a few feet ahead.

Irlitrix stepped forward, still smirking after the dragonkin gave the supposed ultimate warrior a verbal beatdown (Though thanks to the helmet, not many people could tell if he was).

Ironclaw cautiously stepped forward.

"My body and mind may have been trained, Great Dragon, but I remain a humble kobold. I am not sure how much use one such as myself can be compared to these great ones."

((I'm gonna assume that the first two pages were just RP and therefore unimportant because the story seems to be starting so I need to jump in.))

Drakruldus listens intently, watching the others, shifting his wings which marked him quite firmly in the "no mere kobold" category, in case the silver sheen to his scales was insufficient. This coloration clearly marked him as one of the newcomers, but Drakruldus had withstood this criticism.

((Drakruldus, you're two caster classes at half effectiveness for each, you need all the help you can get right now. :P ))

Fiery Heart of the Mountain stood, towering over almost all present, and circled the kobolds, eyeing them critically. He stalked off, and stepped through a heavy mithral door, closing it with a clank behind him.  He returns a moment later, easing the door open, carrying an odd bundle of items. He sets these on the table, and gestures at the three he selected to take something from the small pile, then spots one of the newcomers, a rarity at the Dragon-Mount. "Silver-blood, come forward. I fear you are not close enough to my distant cousins to count yourself as 'enhanced'. Take something." He gestures magnanimously at the small pile of items he had gathered.

The four of you can fight amongst yourselves, there are four items:
Minor Cloak of Displacement (SRD)
Belt of Battle and Pouches (MIC) (This is a combination of the Belt of Battle and the Belt of Hidden Pouches. It can use both item's functions, possibly even in the same round.)
Ring of Spellbattle (MIC)
Boots of Big (side-)Stepping (MIC) (This is two items in one, the Boots of Big Stepping, and the Boots of Sidestepping. It can use both item's functions, even in the same round.)   

Carefully studying the table with eyes slitted, Corfax commits as much of the map of the local area to memory as possible, vaguely recognizing that the Great One is not requesting anything of him. For the moment, at least.

DC20 Int check:

1d20 (11) + 3 = 14
Partial success. You can attempt to recall information, but you must roll under a 30% on a percentage roll to recall accurate information.

He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9