Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread  (Read 9809 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
[3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:40:51 pm »

In the depths of the Rynheim, that mighty human empire, carved from the wilds of the Great Continent, there stands a mountain. This mountain is reviled by man, elf, and dwarf alike, for it holds a vast infestation. Long ago, a dragon of mighty power settled there, and gathered to himself his distant, lesser kin. Dragonkin, Lizardfolk, Wyverns, Drakes, and the humble Kobold all flocked to live under the rule of this symbol of the might in their blood. Under near constant assault from the lands of Men, these races and their lord have learned to live in the shadow of mammals. They were content to accept their lot, defending their home. Until today. Today the Great Fiery-Heart-Of-The-Mountain has called for champions for a task of great import. A throng of warriors, spellthrowers, shamans, sneaks, spies, and assassins have gathered before their lord...

Before the great Red Dragon, in the shadow of their greater kin, a party of kobolds stand. A motley assortment of creatures, some pureblooded Kobolds, others nightmarish assemblages of freakish limbs and hybrids of several races, clusters together, the finest warriors of their Clan. They wait, overlooked by the mighty champions of greater races... Perhaps this is why they were chosen, where others might have chosen mighty Drak'Lakka, the Dragonkin Barbarian Lord, or Ssilik, the Lizardfolk Assassin.

The mighty Dragon, Fiery Heart of the Mountain, standing tall in the center of this natural amphitheater of igneous stone deep within the mountain, addressed his people,
"Children of the Scale. I bring you together this day to select champions for a mission of utmost importance. I do not send you into peril lightly, for I value the life of every scale-kin within my Mount, but it simply must be done. We cannot continue to survive while the human empire of Rynheim raids us, wars on us, and kills our children. We cannot continue to abide their fiendish behavior. It is with great regret that I must try to make peace with the monsters upon our doorstep. We will never grow beyond this mountain while they make war upon us. I must send a group of champions out to either make the peace... Or to strike such fear into their hearts that the never dare to tread upon our lands again. It will be fraught with peril, and I cannot offer the assurance that it will go as I have planned, for all my greatness, I am not infallible. " He leans down, towering over even the largest of the crowd, his dull red scales gleaming in the faint light cast by so many magical weapons in one room. "The only question that remains to me, is whom shall I send?"

A clamor beset the room, each trying to outdo the rest for the favor of their lord. For many, he was the very embodiment of their dreadful god, Tiamat, Queen of Dragons. After a long moment of howling, the Dragon spoke again, "I have made a decision, even before this day. I am sorry to disappoint those who are not being chosen, but I need you to defend our home. I have chosen the Champions of the Great Kobold Clan. Meet me in my chambers within the next hour. You will leave for the glory of our home within the day." Many were angry, furious at the Dragon's choice of a perceived lesser being, but none dared question it in his presence. Benevolent though he was, he was still a Dragon, and they are a proud and terrifying race...

The Ultimate Warrior, that nightmarish creation of hybrid breeding and forceful implantation of construct limbs...
Kindar Firebringer, a child of the mating of the Dragon with a female Kobold shaman, and Paladin of Tyranny, Strength, and Domination...
Irlitrix, Master of the Five Forms, clad in impenetrable plate of the finest make, self proclaimed Warblade...
Zolyap, another child of the Dragon and one of his concubines, a fearsome warrior with the spark of madness in his eye...
Skitter, a Bearer of the Word of Tiamat, Queen of Dragons, one of the finest Clerics within the Dragon-Mount and...
Drakruldus, Master of all things Magical, Walker of the Twin Paths... 
Ironclaw, one of the few Journeymen of the Path of the Claw who is not a Child of the Heart...
Cog, another Journeyman, but also a Child of the Heart...
Corfax, a masterful sneak-thief, assassin, and keeper of all sorts of odd artifacts, is also born of the Heart...

You have one hour (in game) to gather your things and meet with the Great Dragon in his chambers. You do seem to be missing a couple members of your group, including a certain Necromancer and a Monk, but they will surely turn up before it is time to meet with the Dragon. (We're assuming you already gathered up your stuff for the Conclave of Champions, do you wish to go to the Dragon now or say goodbye to your tribe?)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:07:13 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story - IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:45:28 pm »

((Post to watch.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:57:53 pm »

((I'm gonna wait for someone else to go first, because frankly I'm not sure on formatting! :D

I was hoping to at least go and desecrate an area to get some buffed undead before we moved out, but I don't think I can do all that in an hour. C'est la vie~

Edit: Or is that how it works? I read it again and desecrate is still useful, but I don't think there's a permanent buff to undead summoned in there, you just can get double the HD for your buck. Hm. Still useful, not as much as I thought it would be though.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:00:45 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »

((Posting to keep track of))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:09 pm »

((PTW.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:47:04 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:24:34 am »

PTW.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:09 am »

((PTW. Not sure when I should jump in :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:50:25 am »

((PTW.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:15 am »

((Typically, you refer the actions with the character name, not with first-person pronouns. Tends to make things easier to read anyway.))

Irlitrix only shook his head before slightly turning to head towards the exit.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »

The massive Warrior immediately launches into his customary screaming and waving of metallic arms and weapons, moving triumphantly towards the exit.
"THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WILL NOT REST UNTIL THE MASTERY OF PLANES EMBRACES THE POWER WITHIN THE CRUCIBLE OF SOULS! KILLING FOES OF TIAMAT ALLOWS THE MAD PROPHETS TO CONTACT THE REALMS OF TRIALS! THE OTHER WARRIORS ARE WEAK, BUT THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS STRONG! THE NOT-TESTED WILL LEARN THE POWER OF DESTRUCITY!"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:46 pm »

Skitter peered at the screaming madman, wondering when the guards would come and haul him off.

When no guards came, and the crazed warrior continued to stay, he sighed. Resigning himself to travelling with the insane, he steered his friend (such as he had) and mount over to one of the guards, and leaned down. Or rather, up. Kobolds -are- rather short, after all.

"Excuse me, m'lord. But would you happen to know if one of the morgues or carrion-pits are on the way to the Lords chambers? I would quite like a companion to make the "adventure" more... pleasant. You know how it is."

He waved vaguely at the bobble-headed abomination, flapping his arms and yelling his lungs out.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »

The Dragonkin 'guard' which Skitter had wandered up to looked at him blankly. "Are you talking about prostitutes or corpses? Because either way, you are creeping me out. Besides, you don't have much time to waste on whatever extracurricular activity you have planned." He nodded toward one of the tunnels, "You should know this already, but the Great Dragon lives through there. Second passage on the right. Mind the Wyverns, they're snappy this time of day."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 05:04:18 pm »

Irlitrix nodded at the guard once more, before making his way to the great dragon's chamber.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »

Skitter sighed, muttering about various things regarding fools and their perceptions, before trotting off towards the Great Dragons chambers.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:24 pm »

A solitary kobold in humble clothing walked serenely into the midst of the chosen ones.

"Hmm? Did I miss something exciting?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9