Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread  (Read 13498 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 02:29:49 am »

PTW, this should have been made a lot sooner.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:44 am »

If you want, you can ask moder to stick this topic so it will not be lost under a pile of succession games.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:12 am »

If you want, you can ask moder to stick this topic so it will not be lost under a pile of succession games.

I figured I'd wait to see if people start using the thread before asking.
EDIT: Do you have a link to moder's profile, or do you mean any moderator?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:52:10 pm by MDFification »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »

I want to make a suggestion: Use the generator for every year again. Player 1: You shall build a prison, may not use magma and leave the gates open. Player 2/year 2: You shall build a cathedral and a lighthouse and colonize the HFS... Year 3: something else again.

It will create a beautiful chaos.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »

I like Timeless Bob's "First Dwarves" idea, but I'm far too much of a noob for a succession fort. A solo version of this challenge is accepted!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »

I want to make a suggestion: Use the generator for every year again. Player 1: You shall build a prison, may not use magma and leave the gates open. Player 2/year 2: You shall build a cathedral and a lighthouse and colonize the HFS... Year 3: something else again.

I like this idea.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 05:21:02 am »

I like Timeless Bob's "First Dwarves" idea, but I'm far too much of a noob for a succession fort. A solo version of this challenge is accepted!

I started doing this too, although I gave it a few years because plot. If someone else wants to start a thread on Bob's challenge, I saw go right ahead! I (un?)fortunately won't be taking the first turn, as I'm rather busy at the moment, so y'all can get right to it.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 12:45:14 pm »

I like this idea.

I like it.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

sangennaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 02:54:20 am »

I like this idea.

I like it.

I like this idea as well.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 07:56:42 pm »

I like this idea.

I like it.

I would be on board with this too.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:00 pm »

I like this idea.

I like it.

I would be on board with this too.

So, who will start this thing? My DF CPU died to dead screen, so I can't yet. I'm using Ipad to fulfill my DF craving via the forums! Take from that what you will...

Also, what is the penalty for failure to complete the given challenge?

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone up for some "round the world" Dwarfopoly?
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 11:47:26 pm »

I figure I'll put the cards down in a numbered list and players can use an online "dice roller" to determine which cards they "draw" for Community Chest or Chance.

The world I've genned has everybody making cities, towns, villages, roads, tombs, forts, towers, ect... so there's a dwarf village at "Go" that everybody can embark from.  I figure everyone takes a turn making adjacent forts on "Go", and crafting whatever they want to be their "playing piece" - A helm, an amulet, a sword, a backpack, ect...  So the thought is that on their turn, the player will roll the dice and post the link to their result before embarking in whatever square the dice roll shows.  Anyway, if they retire the town using dfhack, (or just save the file without abandoning and letting me do it for them), then their "move" is to successfully bring the item to wherever the new fort/town ended up, maybe by using a series of adventurers or something, then they "retire as a peasant" there, or drop it off and go starve in the wilderness wrestling unicorns or something - anyway, when the item gets to the new fortress, that's the end of their turn.

I figure monopoly money could be symbolized with coins from the forts built on "GO".  The only currency people leave at other Player's forts is the GO fort coins, which I'll keep track of in the Dwarf Monopoly game.  Best part: People can start playing at any time, by just building a new fort in the GO square on their first turn and minting some fresh coins, so there's always going to be fresh competition.

OK, I have rules here
Ah ha!  Here we go: Chance, Community Chest, and even the values of the Property Deeds.  (I think we can manipulate what these cards say to make it more DF specific, though.  What do you guys think?)

Also, in looking at the map of the board, it seems only logical that "claiming an island" (Monopoly version: "buying a property") would involve building a bridge or tunnel from it to the next one, which can then charge tolls to adventurers passing through.  "Building Houses" would mean just having more embarks between one bridge and another while "Building a Hotel" would involve paving a road between fortresses. (A series of long, thin embarks), all of which are paid for with coins minted at the dwarf fortresses in the Home Island (The "Go" square).  Obviously, those pieces that are able to make it around the ring of the entire world would have fame and fortune heaped upon its bearer... 2000 Gold coins worth sounds about right.  (Property rent = amount x10 in gold coins from the Mountainhomes (the Go square).

...and here's a link to the world +100 years of history: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8334

And because I like to over-do everything, a couple maps of the "Dwarfopoly" board:

Small:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Large:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

sangennaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 03:25:22 am »

Great idea the dwarfopoly! And, you did a fantastic job in creating the map!

I would love to participate to this one. The game looks very interesting as is, the only thing that comes to my mind is to make the jail island some sort of hostile biome.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 02:50:31 pm »

Saltmine, The Spartan Succession Fortress, is currently out of overseers. The next turn is up for grabs, and they may be looking for some more overseers.

They are already on their second attempt, as the first fortress died very quickly. They decided to do a new embark, which may be...slightly unfriendly. Go, for the glory of SPARTA!
GENERATION 32:

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:27 am »

When the next version of DF comes, out, I'm going to try a heavily modded succession/community fort.
Adn when I say heavily modded, I mean more heavily modded then Masterwork, CivForge, LFR, and DFFS combined. But I need help for the modding.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7