Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread  (Read 13526 times)

Relictus

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman in a yellow outfit
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

A new game has been created! It is both a succession game and a social experiment, because this is the only account that will be used to post in it. Everything will be completely anonymous, with nobody ever knowing who did what. As you may have noticed, the password to this account is in the signature, so everyone has access to it.

Obviously, with everyone having access to the account, it will probably be only a matter of time before a "troll" thinks it will be funny to delete everything, but that's the point of the experiment: how long with the bay 12 community be able to keep this game going, when its survival relies on the integrity of everyone at once?

Now that I think of it, maybe relying on the moral restraints of a community that spent countless hours discussing the merits of different forms of genocide isn't the best idea...
The password to this account is dragonfire banana.

Okay, maybe it's actually dragonfire. But banana is a better password.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 10:55:05 pm »

Now that I think of it, maybe relying on the moral restraints of a community that spent countless hours discussing the merits of different forms of genocide isn't the best idea...
You think?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2014, 01:21:29 am »

You forgot the rule preventing anyone posting from said account from changing the password too! Silly guy, if you're going to post comon sense rules, you gotta post them all or someone's going to rules lawyer you out of the account.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »

Two things:

1. The thread is not getting stickied until there's evidence of continuous use, for those of you who asked for a sticky.
2. I finished my Succession Game Optimization mod. You can find a link to it in the OP.

That is all.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »

OK, I want to get a list of people and match them with the megabeast they represent - I'm gonna rename all the megabeasts after Forumites and gen a new world expressly to see what the Legends mode histories say about them.  (If you want, I'll change the descriptions too, to whatever you want the description to say instead.)

So lets make a list...

4maskwolf = Hydra
demanthedog = "Grass Titan" (I'll have to gen one, then approximate the stats to apply to a megabeast that will be named "The Grass Titan, Demanthedog" - post your stats if you'd rather they weren't entirely random.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:00:27 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »

4maskwolf: hydra

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 06:59:28 am »

I say I think im a grass titan.

pastafriend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2014, 09:23:45 am »

Hey there,

I've been playing DF for about two years now, and was thinking about participating in, or running a succession fort. I don't really care about which tilesets/mods we would use, although I play vanilla with Phoebus' tileset myself.
So, anyone up to a succession fortress?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 02:04:41 pm »

OK, I want to get a list of people and match them with the megabeast they represent - I'm gonna rename all the megabeasts after Forumites and gen a new world expressly to see what the Legends mode histories say about them.  (If you want, I'll change the descriptions too, to whatever you want the description to say instead.)

So lets make a list...

4maskwolf = Hydra
demanthedog = "Grass Titan" (I'll have to gen one, then approximate the stats to apply to a megabeast that will be named "The Grass Titan, Demanthedog" - post your stats if you'd rather they weren't entirely random.)
Oh sorry i thought there was a megabeast creature called grass titian but trouble your self to much just name me after a plains or woodland titain

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 12:30:40 pm »

I currently am running a Masterwork succession fortress and am looking for as many overseers as we can!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136734.0
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 09:45:00 pm »

Would anyone be interested in playing in a successor of sorts to Bridgedstreams?

My idea for it is to build a human town on a glacier out of ice. Normally glaciers can be lived on by farming cave plants, so one of the rules would be no farming cave plants, just sending gatherers to collect the natural ones.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 11:28:09 am »

I'm in the process of creating a community fort/story/game involving role-playing and player actions. It's in a setting of post-post-post apocalypse so the world is pretty much ravaged beyond repair, where a group of religious zealots and hordes of mutant insects are the main contenders against the alliance of peacekeepers.

So in a few days I should have the thread up, just going over the rules and terms of play (and how to play) so there are no hiccups. If you like interactive games where you have your Character (and some units), a Rank, and Cash (even at a certain rank, your own base).

I know this is a "Succession Game Planning/Recruitment" thread but thought it'd be easier to use this then make 2 threads (one asking and one for the actual game) any body interested to claim a early spot before this all starts?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2014, 11:31:09 am »

Well, since I've been with you on your forts for quite a while, I don't see why I'd stop now! Sign me up pal!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 11:51:24 pm »

I'm in.

Also, the fortress of Demongate needs more dwarves to help scheme and plot it's way to victory.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 04:45:18 am »

Okay it's a little high concept but bear with me, My pitch;

Dwarf Democracy: A game of Order and Anarchy 

The rules are that there are no rules other than what dwarfed Overseers can ratify via popular opinion of the masses (or not).

There is not a turn list, but an election to see who's playing next. Every overseer is dwarfed and the title of overseer is an ingame position. If someone wants to be overseer, they have to run on a platform, they gotta make promises, they gotta have charisma, and kiss the foreheads of a baby or two for the crowd. 

The Overseers define how many years they (and and weeks their players) can hold power, what to build, who to assign to what, and what Succession Rules (Laws) the next Overseer has to play by next turn are (if there even is another turn, a law can put a player's dwarf in power for life)

They can do this two ways; An Overseer can offer up a Yes or No proposal to the whole Fortress.If it's highlighted in green, it will be put in the thread's poll to be voted on by the Fortress dwellers. If it has more approval than disapproval, It's added to the Laws of the Land on the first post.

Of course, you can't please all of the people all of the time, right? An Overseer can forgo all the formalities of public approval and ratify any law you see fit anyway. But beware ...

The people have a bite! The dwarfed are encouraged to write stories and personalities like a community game. These dwarves vote, these dwarves can decry you and smear your reputation with scandals, these dwarves can be elected to succeed you and then write laws to inhibit your goals;  once the Crown is lowered on to your head, it is going to always be them vs you. You would do well to please them.

Most importantly, and what's most harmful to your immediate success, Is that they can try to assassinate you. Any Dwarf except an Overseer can roll a dice and yell ASSASSINATION!#DWARF_NAME# The attacker and Defender roll a D100, the higher wins. Any other Dwarf 'in' on the plot adds a +1 to his side's success. Whoever loses, gets the kill command from DF hack.

This Overseers main line of defense against this is the Sheriff, of which the same rules apply, and can proactively weed out the rebellious with impunity. (unless A Law is written saying otherwise)

So, Bay 12? What'll it be? Will you build a Mega-Project filled creative utopia shared by the People for the People? Or will one among you  build a successful dictatorship, using the authority and the power to quell all attempts at rebellion with your heel? Will you create Laws to ensure the survival of your society? Or will the streets run red in bloody civil war?

That, my friends, is what I'd like to find out.   

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:52:56 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7