Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [FREE FOR ALL RPG] Wizards with Guns 0: Gun Wizards  (Read 10761 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [FREE FOR ALL RPG] Wizards with Guns 0: Gun Wizards
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 02:44:52 pm »

Indeed. If we post a rock song about rock songs as well, do we get a +2?
Those are limited and hence more precious.
Not as much as you might think. I can think of at least half a dozen right away.
Please don't make my magic school redundant.
Also, shoot everything that is hostile. Including chainsawgrizzlies if necessary.
It wasn't already :P?

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

Not as much as you might think. I can think of at least half a dozen right away.
Also, shoot everything that is hostile. Including chainsawgrizzlies if necessary.
No, it gave me bonuses. Probably.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Pretty sure you just need to find a guitar. They're like staves for regular wizards, or souls for me.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 05:35:41 pm »

NEEDS MORE SOULS. GET ALL SOULS.

Joe starts spamming Soul Snare,  in the not entirely unreasonable hope that ensnaring enough souls will open an oldschool-jrpg-like ability menu.
The mafidians in the trench perform a blood sacrifice to St. Sam Logan, patron saint of mafiosi, canadians and ninjas. The power of catholicism deflects this assault! For now. Also, they are shooting at Joe.

Start shooting the mafia.
Dirk, the summoned toilet's brave sacrifice still in mind, starts firing at the other mafia car. Given that Desert Eagles are the biggest and baddest pistols in most video games and the US Army he deals massive damage to the head and neck region of random faceless Canadiosi #12, painting the inside of their car in a tasteful scarlet.
CANADIAN MAFIOSI COUNTER: 10
The others return fire, forcing him back into the warm safety of the john.

Norwollis' minigun demands blood! But the enemy fire is too heavy to even stick his head out of the meager cover of the boxcar. Or the head of his precious mingun.

Impact is imminent.

I cast Fallout, elevating the radiation levels for the area a few kilometers around or so to clearly lethal levels for the next few thousand years.
You probably have no time for the necessary ritual! Well, you may try, of course... a few The Points might help too.

I snipe the vampires at the party with GIANT FREAKING FIRE ARROWS!

Keith, DoTW, sets one shadowy giant bat a-frigging-BLAZE with a clean hit! His next bolt kinda flies into an apartment though. And before he can reload again, something big hits him from behind, sweeping him and his weapon straight off the roof. Something with claws and teeth and huge leathery wings.
Signs really point toward it being a huge vampire bat.
Keith thrashes with all appendages as the ground... and the bat that got him... approach rapidly out of two radically different directions.
Reload it like if there was noone around. Just me and Li'l Bertha.

It's quiet. Except for the screams and the gunfire, but those are  so neglectable, so vanishingly small against the full, satisfying CLICK when a fresh grenade slides home, that Gretust almost wonders why the hell there is this burning bat trying to chew through his bootWHY THE HELL IS THAT DAMN BAT ON FIRE TRYING TO EAT ITS WAY THROUGH HIS DAMN BOOT?!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:38:52 pm by Liber celi »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 05:53:06 pm »

They dare shoot at me? FIRE THE LAZY CRICKET!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 06:07:41 pm »

Pretty sure you just need to find a guitar. They're like staves for regular wizards, or souls for me.
Just begin wailing on an air guitar and one might appear. Alternately, wail on your boomstick.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 07:21:35 pm »

Where is my action...? ;___;

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »

> in frustration and shortsightedness I charm an ICBM to our current location, then tries to fly away on the recoil of my guns.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »

'Pixy Dust' jetpack go!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 01:04:39 am »

Stamp the filthy bat with my fine armored boot. In brutal way.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2014, 06:41:08 am »

Open fire. Sperrfeuer!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2014, 08:10:18 am »

Summon bath ballista.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2014, 12:22:22 pm »

> in frustration and shortsightedness I charm an ICBM to our current location, then tries to fly away on the recoil of my guns.
Armok you have the best actions.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2014, 05:43:17 pm »

Where is my action...? ;___;
((Apologies! I've no idea how I forgot that, I had the result rolled up and thought out already... well, to compensate, your next action may be really extensive or well prepared.))

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, vampire bats!"

I cast my Beardining spell at the nearest vampire bat!
Sinless mumbles and casts Beardening instead, a specialty and trade secret of the Wizardly Wizardry! The bat spontaneously sprouts an imposing beard, amplifying its vampiric spellcraft! What has man science magic wrought?

They dare shoot at me? FIRE THE LAZY CRICKET!
Joe Bridger takes aim. His weapon has changed adjectives about three times today already, but heavy still applies.
The shot hits. The trenched canadiosi scatter in panic and moroseness. That's what an approaching freighttrain and a high-powered rifle do to you.
Joe on the other hand makes a somersault backwards. If he was standing or lying or kneeling doesn't even matter. The Cricket never discriminates.

CANADIAN MAFIOSI COUNTER: 9
AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: 2

Summon bath ballista.
Dirk hoped to circumvent the laws of god and man and magic and also physics (that keep magic from affecting guns) by creating a ballista. Alas, he was wrong. Alas, his knowledge of the consequences and implications of his actions had been feeble. Oh, how you mighty fall! Oh, how you downtrodden perish!
It is with a stiffled sob Dirk puts his deagle to the crooked bow of the poor little porcellain... thing... and pulls the trigger. Two times, and a third time for decency's sake. It is done. Shards cover the ground.
That is the moment Megaton tears the train to shreds and the car with the toilet losses any contact to the rails and sails through the air in a steep arc.
AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: 3

Okay, this one calls for prose of the purple persuasion.

The lack of nuclear holocaust and the othwewise unpleasant atmosphere around made Megaton groan, the kind of small, breathless noise that can only stem from a cybernetic superarmed hard radiation wizard with a theoretical beard caressing every atom in a radius of multiple galaxies with its soft, undefined quantum state. A noise like rust and sorrow arose from his arms as he pointed both of his experimental prototype killing tools downwards and emptied them into the marred face of Mother Earth, slicing not only the train, the tracks and most of the enbankment in twain under a torrent of shredding searing hot lead alloy, but also soaring high into the sky, increasing his distance from  the unloved world with every minuscle act of violence against it... in total, 32 000 acts of violence per second. The noise alone could make eyes bleed and ears catch fire.
He soared, and he roared, and maybe he boared a little, and then, high in the air, high on a steady stream of death, more a fusion weapon than a human now and his rapport strong, he cried out, for his distant allies, he called for his friends, he remembered them of the old oaths and the pleasure of flight and the moment the world becomes a firey wink in the eye of a dying child. And over a hidden launch bunker not very far away, a nuclear friend answers with a pained roar as it climbs deceptively slow into the evening sky.
"I didn't even get to touch the red button" a general pouts.

Megaton though, his guns and his tongue spend, passed the zenith of his path and began the downwards-orientated personal development known as plummeting.

AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: 4
MINUTES TILL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION: <5

Open fire. Sperrfeuer!
The mafia canadians in the cars are many. Norwollis is not. They are high on maple vodka. He, presumably, is not.
But he is a wizard with a gun and he has the chaingun from Doom 1 and his Sperrfeuer-fu is strong today. And when his gun starts singing and the bullets start ringing... they have to scream at each other over the death and the metal and coil up and drop their guns and jump from their burning cars that suddenly are very keen on ramming each other. Norwollis powers kick in all on their own at this moment, the first hard riffs of an awe-inspiring rock song bludgeoning the air-
CANADIAN MAFIOSI COUNTER: 6
-when Megaton saws through the train and the train hits the trench and Norwollis doesn't even stagger, he just straight up dances through the air like a freed ballon. For a while.
AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: 5

Stamp the filthy bat with my fine armored boot. In brutal way.

Gretust stomps that stupid stinker. For bonus brutality he bashes its burning brainpan against the bleak baveme- er, pavement. He does keep it stunned and busy, and the fire should do the rest any moment, but suddenly all kinds of vampiric natural weapons dig into his back and drag him upwards with a brutal yank.
Feels like a running gag.
AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: 6

'Pixy Dust' jetpack go!

AIRBORN WIZARDS TALLY: still 6!
All kinds of technicolor unicorns and rainbows burst out of the back of Keith's coat, carrying him forwards with a noise like twinkle giggle and gnome farts. He rubs a little of the dust into his gums, just because he can. The bat is close behind, but looses some ground as it tries to follow his abrupt change of direction.

Will there be an achievement if we get 8 airborn wizards? Who knows? Does anybody remember how many vampire bats are left without looking? And what's happening inside the banquet hall? And who even cares now that World War 3 is under way?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »

Combine my soulstealing aptitude with my gun wizardry to fire the deadly and highly profitable SOUL CRICKET!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6