Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27236 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:34 pm »

Hey Shane, whatcha do?

Get drunk cuz why not.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:53 am »

- Okay, lady...?
If she bothers naming herself once more, give a short bow. Take a seat. Ask random person if he/she has cigarettes. Smoke.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:17:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

"I trust my property will be available to me if I decide that I need it? After all the deal was I'd turn over the standard kit not my personal prototypes."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2014, 03:22:27 pm »

"I trust my property will be available to me if I decide that I need it? After all the deal was I'd turn over the standard kit not my personal prototypes."

"Am am not so sure you even know what you are dealing with here, Sgt. Bekter. The prototypes are yours, but the fluid sample? I don't believe you've got the slightest of clues as to what is in that syringe."
The agent puts his hand to his chin and lets out a deep hum.
"But it is your call. I will ask politely, though, that you give us the nervo sample so that we may continue our research. We have been trying to get a hold of one but the Illuminati have managed to intercept every one of them before we can bring it up."

Hey Shane, whatcha do?

Get drunk cuz why not.

You grab a drink from the table--as you would back in your tower--and chug it all the way down. You are now thoroughly inebriated and awaiting the foreign Skylander's response with drunken eagerness.

- Okay, lady...?
If she bothers naming herself once more, give a short bow. Take a seat. Ask random person if he/she has cigarettes. Smoke.

You walk into the cabin and take a seat next to a young man wearing a tuxedo but no hat, unlike the others. You ask him if he has cigarettes, but he looks at you disapprovingly.

"Sir, have you ridden a passenger vessel before?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »

"That depends on what it does. And what your offering in exchange of course. I have a few things I could use that you could help me to obtain."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2014, 03:26:47 pm »

- Well, no. I was happy to live in Rapture without ever leaving it. I see that you are pointing that I shouldn't even ask to smoke in the first place. So please, disregard that request I made.

Henry tries to set himself in that chair in a comfortable position and then tries to take a nap.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2014, 03:41:56 pm »

"That depends on what it does. And what your offering in exchange of course. I have a few things I could use that you could help me to obtain."

The agent appeared frustrated, although not in a way that suggested anger. He seems to be trying to decide just how much information to give you.
"The fluid is, to keep it short, genetic material from the Nervo--they are a sort of organism that played a massive role in the great war that changed the world forever. They could be aliens, or they could be genetically engineered animals, but we believe them to be the latter due to their similarities to Earth biology.
The sample is useless to you, but if you have a laboratory like we do, there are a lot of things you could find out."

Your society isn't too advanced in the field of bio-engineering. In fact, there most likely isn't a single genetics lab in all of Hadria Coral.
"What sort of things could we help you obtain?"

- Well, no. I was happy to live in Rapture without ever leaving it. I see that you are pointing that I shouldn't even ask to smoke in the first place. So please, disregard that request I made.

Henry tries to set himself in that chair in a comfortable position and then tries to take a nap.

"I don't have a thing against smoking,"
The fellow takes a pack of cigarettes out of his bag, shows it to you, and puts it back.
"But inside this vessel the smoke will accumulate. Rapture's air-scrubbing technology isn't applicable to a vehicle like this."
You nod and sit back to take a nap.

You awake to the cabin shaking violently.
"Slight turbulence, please stay in your seats."

On the wall-mounted viewscreens, you observe a pristine cloudscape, completely unlike what you always viewed the surface as. In fact, when you first heard of the Skylanders, you could not imagine how anyone could live up here, but it somewhat makes sense to you. How the skytower's foundations are maintained, however, remains a question you've yet to find the answer to.
All of this, of course, is irrelevant if the viewscreens are there to fool you. Maybe the cloudscape truly is a nightmarish sea of cyan-tinted clouds and poisonous vapors rising out of the abyss. You half-expect the skylanders you meet to be gasmask-wearing mutants.

You look around, expecting others to be relatively panicked at the turbulence. The young man sitting next to you seems completely unfazed by the event, however.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:09 pm »

"Er... I think that someone is inside the closet."

Open the the closet and see what is inside.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:04:48 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2014, 05:41:56 pm »

"Well to put it bluntly, since I've agreed to join you I'm a Sgt without a squad. I could agree to give the fluid to you to use in any way you like if you agree to help me convince our bosses to let me select agents to form a squad. And if your weapons techs can check out my other prototypes and tell me what they do.

Seems like a fair trade since you can make more of any useful prototypes and it'd be a waste of my potential if I don't have a squad to lead.
"
Caine's law.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:26 am »

Wait for a response, ask Jaffa if he would want a bout later(knife fighting). And win at strategum.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2014, 12:58:03 am »

"...what?"

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

"Hey Shane, you seem hurt, What'sup?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2014, 04:00:39 pm »

Henry just seats and slightly worries about the events that are about to happen, but that does not expressed on his face. Well, maybe slightly expressed.
Sigs

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2014, 01:32:42 am »

"Ah, alright," Nathom said, his frown lifting somewhat as he hurried after the man, "I see. That puts my mind at rest."
He wasn't too sure about this whole 'dinner' idea, though- that sounded like rather an awkward experience. He didn't eat particularly much to begin with, and when he did he'd much prefer to simply eat and get it over with without any distracting conversation.
Oh well, he did his best to keep his doubts from his expression as he followed. These people were giving him a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, after all- the least he could do was indulge their inconvenient social traditions for an evening.

>Follow the man. Inspecting the surroundings as I go, naturally. Also, how long has it been since I ate, anyway? Check status.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:25 am »

Is it possible to join this or is it to late for that?
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21