Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27256 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2014, 07:48:46 pm »

Nathom nods silently to himself, processing that information for a good long while as the others spoke.
Eventually he looks up, tilting his head. "So... what now, then? What part am I to play in all this, exactly?"

>Ask just why I've been brought here.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2014, 07:57:32 pm »

Find somebody who can tell me why I'm here.

Test out all the prototypes while I wait to discover what they do.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:01:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2014, 09:37:34 pm »

Wait for the meeting to end then find out what I'm here for.

((Some sort of government meeting deeper in the meeting. Voting on a bill, for example. The Gentleman's agents are still present.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »

People are dropping out like flies :(

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2014, 09:53:16 pm »

I'm still here waiting :p.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »

"Ah. I see. Well, I might as well go up and see what is going on. Anyway, farewell, Hans."

End the conversation and head upstairs to the main area.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:01 pm »

((It's a shame though, I had all these interactions planned out and we have four people out of like seven.))

Find somebody who can tell me why I'm here.

You go and find the gentleman you talked to earlier before you retrieved the items. To be honest, you basically agreed to follow his lead without thinking, so this time you ask him why exactly you're needed.
"As we have discovered in our research, your background is remarkable. In most cases, the skilled operatives are also the most rebellious. We needed someone with the ideals to stick with our plans, and we believe you might just be the one. Do you, per chance, know about the world that lies above ours? Above the radioactive wasteland... there is a race of people that is very different from ours. While we've lived inside a trade network for the past century, the people above--the Skylanders--live on isolated towers. Each tower is unique in its own way, having different people, and different minds..."
As he spoke, the agent's eyes broke contact with your hooded face and began to stare up at the ceiling.
"I do not want to get too far off track, but this is fully relevant to what we ask of you. Do you agree that we should work together with the Skylanders, and forge an alliance, if only temporarily to further our understanding?"

Nathom nods silently to himself, processing that information for a good long while as the others spoke.
Eventually he looks up, tilting his head. "So... what now, then? What part am I to play in all this, exactly?"

>Ask just why I've been brought here.

The Hans fellow turns around to leave, but you stutter a few syllables to get his attention. You get his attention, then ask him why you're here.
"So your people aren't mute after all! Wonderful!
*ahem* Excuse me for that, please. Anyway, to answer your question, the Gentleman has a mission for you and the others. I don't know the specifics but he wants you to raid a bunker down at surface level. You'll be getting suits and supplies that keep you safe from the radiation, although you only have enough power to lug the suits around for about an hour. Then your battery runs dry and you'll be stuck until rescue comes. But don't worry! It'll be quick, and we'll keep in contact with you from just above the clouds."

"Ah. I see. Well, I might as well go up and see what is going on. Anyway, farewell, Hans."

End the conversation and head upstairs to the main area.

Hans starts talking to one of the Ocean Dwellers. Since you're done talking for now, you head up and follow the crowd. As you walk through the hall, you hear a slight tumbling from inside one a closet. It sounds as if an aerosol can or something tipped over.

Up ahead, you hear talking the sounds of plates and bottles being set down on wooden tables.

"I heard you were a pretty good fighter, as I'm sure you know what I was doing. So I just wanted to chat with you some. The Gentleman is getting some pieces for Strategum, if you want to join in. Why are you here? And how good are your skills?"
Chat

Jaffa responds with delight, recognizing your face from the propaganda posters on the tower walls during his last visit.
"Ah, you're the desp--err, leader of the settlement out there! Well, *hm*, I specialize in all kinds of warfare. Specifically, vehicle combat. I can fly just about anything in the sky, but as you probably know from your position, real generals study logistics. I am the Quartermaster General of our Order's forces. It is my work that allows us to continue to use both Skylander and Ocean Dweller technology in tandem without issue. We have a covert supply network that brings up cargo and resources to our headquarters here, where our finest smiths build something useful out of them."

((Quick clarification, you are referencing the actual Stratagem board game, correct? Or some fiction in-universe thing?))

- O-okay. I do relax.

Henry slowly puts his Mauzer back to holster.

- And where do I make my clothes dry again?

"We have replacements for you to wear. They're actually in the corner over there in that stack."
She points. The replacement clothes look rather familiar. Upon investigating, you find that they are in-fact identical to your own clothes.

A man walks over and starts explaining something to the woman.
"Miss, we are home free. That pirate sub scored a direct hit through the enemy formation, gutting all four at once, face-to-tail. I've never seen an entire defensive formation go down like that."
"And her captain?"
"Miss Dedaine refused to leave her crew behind. We told her that we understood, and gave her Illuminati passcodes in return for her help. Those subs she sank are probably carrying a fortune in loot and parts, knowing what Halliday generally fits them with."
"Well, that's great! Are we done here then?"
"Yes. Our sleepers are containing the situation in Rapture for now. We're set to go."

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2014, 11:12:08 pm »

((Isn't Jaffa some sky pirate, and yes, I love that game. (The real-life strategum).

"What does your 'order' do? Wait, you have a order? My guys said you were a sky pirate, and a goddamn good knife fighter... Also, I'm on propaganda posters!?"

Do a little dance cuz famous ;)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2014, 11:13:25 pm »

Introduce self to The Gentleman.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:43 pm »

((Isn't Jaffa some sky pirate, and yes, I love that game. (The real-life strategum).

According to your boys, he is a sky pirate.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2014, 08:11:07 am »

Corran considers it briefly then shrugs.

"It's not my place to make those choices, I follow orders and do my job. Do you have anybody who can study those prototypes I brought in and find out what they do for me? I'm fine with my standard kit but I'd like to know what I have to fall back on if I need it.

The tower dwellers might not all be friendly and in my line of work it's useful to know the most efficient ways of killing the people your dealing with and what you have to work with.
"

Place all prototypes I'm carrying with the ones I collected and keep standard weaponry only. Do an inventory of all standard weaponry that I brought in. (( I wanna adjust my kit to avoid letting potential enemies acquire prototypes. So I need to replace the prototypes with something a bit more standard.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:10:43 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2014, 09:08:56 am »

As Henry explores the replacements offered, his eyes slowly go wider and wider. Disregarding possible confuses (which is hard to do), James puts on the new ones, trying to notice the manufacturer's insignias on those by th way. Then, fixes the holster in the same place as it was before.
Leaving the wet pile of clothes lie where it is, he checks the pockets of new clothes.
Then, he comes back to the woman who seems to be kinda in charge here, and asks if any services of his professional kind are needed right now.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2014, 12:21:41 am »

"Wait, what's that sound?"

Turn around and investigate the sound.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2014, 05:03:31 am »

Nathom was a tad sceptical, despite his enthusiasm at the idea of gaining new knowledge.
"A raid...? That makes it sounds as though you're expecting us to encounter trouble. Trusting in suits to keep us alive down there is bad enough without referring to this task as a 'raid'. Ah well... if you'll forgive an archaic old saying, 'in for a penny, in for a pound'. Where are these suits, then?"

>Let's get this show on the road! In a hesitant, nervous fashion, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2014, 08:06:26 pm »

Nathom was a tad sceptical, despite his enthusiasm at the idea of gaining new knowledge.
"A raid...? That makes it sounds as though you're expecting us to encounter trouble. Trusting in suits to keep us alive down there is bad enough without referring to this task as a 'raid'. Ah well... if you'll forgive an archaic old saying, 'in for a penny, in for a pound'. Where are these suits, then?"

>Let's get this show on the road! In a hesitant, nervous fashion, of course.

"Oh, by raid I simply mean that you will be rummaging through things over a hundred years old. You won't quite me a welcomed guest but rest assuredly as there will be no traps or other such installments to inhibit your progress."
He smiles gently.
"I believe the Gentleman has prepared six suits total. They are in the equipment lockets upstairs. But first, you should come with us to dinner."
Hans walks off, motioning for you to come with him. You two are the last ones in the hangar, it seems.

"Wait, what's that sound?"

Turn around and investigate the sound.

You peer into the closet. Immediately, a limp hand falls out through the crack in the door. You... slide it back inside and step away.

The rustling sound continues, and you hear long objects being knocked over and slamming into the side walls of the closet.

Nathom and Hans are the last ones to leave the hangar. Hans sees you looking back at the closet and asks you a question.
"Something wrong, Defias?"

As Henry explores the replacements offered, his eyes slowly go wider and wider. Disregarding possible confuses (which is hard to do), James puts on the new ones, trying to notice the manufacturer's insignias on those by th way. Then, fixes the holster in the same place as it was before.
Leaving the wet pile of clothes lie where it is, he checks the pockets of new clothes.
Then, he comes back to the woman who seems to be kinda in charge here, and asks if any services of his professional kind are needed right now.

The clothing lacks tags or any sort of identifying markers. That is one, and perhaps the only point of difference between your old clothes and these new ones.

The woman responds to your question: "No, just have a seat."
The rest of the diving crew lower themselves into the pool in the center of the chamber. One by one, they submerge their masked faces beneath the water. A metal panel with a small, translucent window slides over the pool, and you hear pressurized water rushing as the waterlock engages itself and the divers go off into the depths.

"There will be a lot of g-force, and you're probably not used to it. See that klaxon over there?" She points her finger at the red glass circle embedded just over the doorway. There is one above every door, as you figure out when you look into the hall.
"When that goes off, put your seatbelt on. Got it?"
She waits for your response, then explains that it will be approximately thirty minutes before launch. For now, the sub will be drifting over Rapture, engines disabled.

Corran considers it briefly then shrugs.

"It's not my place to make those choices, I follow orders and do my job. Do you have anybody who can study those prototypes I brought in and find out what they do for me? I'm fine with my standard kit but I'd like to know what I have to fall back on if I need it.

The tower dwellers might not all be friendly and in my line of work it's useful to know the most efficient ways of killing the people your dealing with and what you have to work with.
"

Place all prototypes I'm carrying with the ones I collected and keep standard weaponry only. Do an inventory of all standard weaponry that I brought in. (( I wanna adjust my kit to avoid letting potential enemies acquire prototypes. So I need to replace the prototypes with something a bit more standard.))

You reshuffle your kit in front of the cart carrying your stuff. The agents assure you that they will bring the cargo aboard with you, so you won't be leaving anything behind here out of your reach.
A few more agents stop by to examine the objects you've collected as you talk to the person rolling the cart.
"My word..." one of them exclaims quietly, looking at the syringe.
"Do you know what this means for our research?" he asks the person pulling the cart, who slows down and picks up the syringe.
"You're right... thank you Bekter. You've found just what we were looking for." he tries to shake your hand, although you don't raise yours in response, giving him a stern, questioning look.
"Well, we really should get these up to the Archive soon. Before the Illuminati figure out what happened."
The Illuminati sound... altogether familiar to you. You start to perceive flashbacks... painful flashbacks of experiences you don't remember having. Strange indeed.

"What does your 'order' do? Wait, you have a order? My guys said you were a sky pirate, and a goddamn good knife fighter... Also, I'm on propaganda posters!?"

Do a little dance cuz famous ;)

"Hey-HEY! Control yourself!" Jaffa shouts as you leap up onto a nearby coffee table and flail your arms about. In response to him, you shake your head and step down.

A young adult, wearing a red-striped mask shaped like a human skull steps into the room and sees you standing next to Jaffa. This fellow walks up to you, his many layers of baggy clothing rubbing against each other and creating a loud rustling noise. He stops abruptly in front of Jaffa and holds up an arm.
"I am Shane."

((Gamerlord's action was posted in superblackcat's roll.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:08:30 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21