Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27270 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

I-I-I don't get an action? :(

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2014, 08:08:37 pm »

Go looking for the Gentleman.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2014, 12:38:23 am »

I-I-I don't get an action? :(

((I.... forgot.))

EDIT: Edited the post. Sorry!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:44:45 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:57 am »

- Well, I still do not get the things here. First, those strange men, whom I mistaken for being gentleman's agents, said that they need me and told that gentleman has something ridiculous about joining the ocean dwellers with those skylanders. Then a group of divers sinks teh emergency floor causing me to be stressed so much I shot them in the gut. Now, something is clearly going on again, and I am unaware. So, I do not make a single step from the place where I currently am before someone gives me a clear explanation of why do you need me. Oк at least why am I still alive and not put down for resistance.

Saying the latter, Henry reaches for his Mauzer grip again and lets his hand lie on it in the most friendly manner the hand on the gun grip can be.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

"I'm the head of security. I had to leave for a meeting what's going on?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:09 pm »

- Well, I still do not get the things here. First, those strange men, whom I mistaken for being gentleman's agents, said that they need me and told that gentleman has something ridiculous about joining the ocean dwellers with those skylanders. Then a group of divers sinks teh emergency floor causing me to be stressed so much I shot them in the gut. Now, something is clearly going on again, and I am unaware. So, I do not make a single step from the place where I currently am before someone gives me a clear explanation of why do you need me. Oк at least why am I still alive and not put down for resistance.

Saying the latter, Henry reaches for his Mauzer grip again and lets his hand lie on it in the most friendly manner the hand on the gun grip can be.

The other divers slide on their suits again while the woman explains, giving off a look of exasperation.
"*sigh* Okay look, if Johnson and Bradley didn't explain it to you... we were on our way to pick you up as per the letter you received on your door. But somehow, word of our plans slipped out, and the Illuminati--the persons who you were with, I presume--sent out a couple of armed submarines to deal with us. We considered abandoning the mission, but the Gentleman said he had other plans, and told us to keep going, that he had help on the way, and so on. It's a long story, but this was the best we could do. When our agents inside the city told us you were with the Illuminati, we made sure to... erm... stop them from putting false words into your head, if you know what I mean?"
She glances back into the hall momentarily, unaware of why the rest of the crew is cheering.
"I don't know exactly what just happened, but I believe we're going to be on our way to the surface. "

"I'm the head of security. I had to leave for a meeting what's going on?

"A murder occured. There was an armed robbery inside this building, and several important pieces of computer hardware were stolen. The robbers took the life of Henry Watson, a technician here."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »

"Hold on a moment. Why exactly did you hid this from me for all these years?"

Ask about the purpose of the secrecy.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2014, 03:22:24 pm »

"When will you be finished? I have classified work to do and I can't work with all of you running around."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:59 pm »

"When will you be finished? I have classified work to do and I can't work with all of you running around."

"I can't let anyone through unless they are with investigative personnel. Are you a detective?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

"I used to be one of a sort in the military."

Show him my military info.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:41:45 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2014, 11:33:50 pm »

"No, I'm not really a Chess player, but I do love Strategum. Berkeley, I've heard you are quite notorious, What are you doing here?
Play Strategum, Talk with Berkeley about why he is here, and what he does. Also get "The gentleman with the gray beard and the monocle-Jaffa Olympias-is" to sit with us.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:35:49 pm by Superblackcat »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »

- S-surface? You mean you throw me out into the radioactive desert above?

James draws his Mauzer and points it at everyone at random person, then switches to another one and keeps pointing at everyone in sight.

- You don't do that! You do not!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »

Go looking for the Gentleman.

Packing your new toy into your bag, you put the sling over your shoulder and start making your way up the stairwell with the rest of the crowd.
Following the flow of people into a large, grand hall with a long dining table running down its length, you spot a lot of people in traditional gentleman attire, but also notice a fellow skylander sitting at a table with a nobody and a man with a strange, shadowy face that you can't see. There is a chess board set out in front of them, although the pieces are all in a cluttered pile.

"Hold on a moment. Why exactly did you hid this from me for all these years?"

Ask about the purpose of the secrecy.

"We hid this from you for all these years because you weren't ready, Defias. Your whole life, you had lived under watchful eyes that protected you and did everything for you. You spent all those years without the stress of leadership, and we never really knew if a library-born child like you could be trusted among our ranks... until, of course, you proved yourself to be able to manage yourself and the ship alone. It was a test, per se."

The room is getting empty now. Most of the staff have already left and gone up the stairs, with most of the other skylanders also missing.

"I used to be one of a sort in the military."

Show him my military info.

[5] The officer guarding the hall checks your info and, mildly startled, snaps his palm up to a salute.
"Good day chief! You are clear to proceed! I truly apologize for wasting your time here..."
You grin and pass through, showing the three agents the way to the server room. Whistling a tune, you casually walk past the dead body on the floor, its position cordoned off and marked with spray paint. The agents don't seem to react.

You hand them weapon after weapon, as well as all of the artifacts you failed to carry with you from before. Having enough weapons on yourself to arm an entire squadron, you refuse to carry any of the bags yourself, opting to keep watch while the agents finish.
After everything is packed, you head back to the city hall and once again pass through security, this time with the other agents. You still don't find Thomas waiting for you, and you also see that a number of officials seem to be missing from their desks. There is probably a meeting going on somewhere.

"No, I'm not really a Chess player, but I do love Strategum. Berkeley, I've heard you are quite notorious, What are you doing here?
Play Strategum, Talk with Berkeley about why he is here, and what he does. Also get "The gentleman with the gray beard and the monocle-Jaffa Olympias-is" to sit with us.

The Gentleman nods and starts gathering up his pieces again. He states he will bring a Strategum box when he finishes. You turn to Berkely and ask him why he is here.
"Oh! Er, I have been here all my life. I was a stock broker before the war, and was one of those who commissioned the vessel you are standing in."

The war he is referring to occurred hundreds of years ago. You aren't quite sure what to say here. You turn toward Jaffa, who is sitting at the main table sipping from a metal tankard.

Jaffa is an odd name. You're not quite sure if your boys were pronouncing it right on the call, so you change it up a little to sound more natural when asking him over.
[5] Jaffa turns around upon hearing his name being called out. He raises a brow and stares in your direction for a few seconds, then reluctantly gets up and brings his drink with him to the table.

"What is happening here... are you getting a game going for me to watch or is it something more mundane?" he mutters in a deep, gravelly voice.

- S-surface? You mean you throw me out into the radioactive desert above?

James draws his Mauzer and points it at everyone at random person, then switches to another one and keeps pointing at everyone in sight.

- You don't do that! You do not!

"Relax! Relax. We don't have a base on the surface. Nobody does. But our headquarters is stationed high in the sky, away from all the radiation. You'll be safe while we get there, the sub you are in is capable of it. You're currently surrounded by the greatest amount of radiation shielding physically feasible on a vessel like this."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2014, 08:40:11 am »

- O-okay. I do relax.

Henry slowly puts his Mauzer back to holster.

- And where do I make my clothes dry again?
Sigs

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:26 am »

"I heard you were a pretty good fighter, as I'm sure you know what I was doing. So I just wanted to chat with you some. The Gentleman is getting some pieces for Strategum, if you want to join in. Why are you here? And how good are your skills?"
Chat
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21