Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27275 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »

((Waiting on kj1225))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:16 am »

Oh well.

"Looking for materials."

[2] Your quiet tone and dark voice frightens the individual. Instead of responding directly, he backs off quietly and glances back at you occasionally.
You finish pulling the door up, revealing some rolling welding equipment and replacement parts for aircraft, including landing gear, fuselage patchwork, cockpit glass, propellers, turbines, and tubing. A workbench at the side contains all of the necessary tools to dismantle aircraft parts and work with them.

Ehm... Kinda... Loose conciousness, I guess.

[6] You stop moving, resigned to your fate, although the diver's message remains unclear. Your lack of movement not only convinces the diver that you are already blacked out, but also keeps you awake long enough to perceive being slid into the airlock and having the water pumped out of the bag you are in, refilling it with precious air. And after all that, you've still managed to keep some of your breath to prevent the water from getting into your lungs.

You wait out the situation. You don't see anything inside the bag as it is dark. However, you feel the bag being dragged around with you inside of it, and then pulled off in a single direction. You hear faint muffled voices around you, as well as a deep rumbling that seems to be growing over time. After some additional maneuvers, you are pulled up out of the water, somehow, most likely in some kind of moon pool. You are dragged out onto the floor, and the end of the bag is opened, letting in light. A hand reaches in to pull you out.

"Got a truck and some people I can borrow? I have an armory full of prototypes I'd like to collect for my personal use and a fair amount of standard weaponry I'd be happy to donate."

The gentleman takes some time to think about your offer, then answers back:
"We definitely appreciate your offer. Time is short, but yes, we do have transportation available around the city. Where is this armory of yours located?"

A gentleman and a lady walk past you and disappear around the corner. You hear climbing take place on a metal platform and also a light clanging sound followed by a light splash.
Another figure rushes past you in a hurry.

Get my boys to process the people inside the ball room, and send them to me. Who are they?

You snap a few pictures of the room with your phone and retreat into the hallway, quickly sending the photos to your boys' computers. Fortunately, you still have reception so far with your tower's antennae. Given the antennae's size it should work for quite a few kilometers, if not more, so you have about thirty minutes or more depending on where and when the Gentleman is taking the airship.

You get a call back about the info.
"Lukim, our software only recognized one guy. The gentleman with the gray beard and the monocle-Jaffa Olympias-is a first class sky pirate, visited once about a year ago. He's dangerous, don't try anything when he's around. Hes probably almost as good with a knife as you are!"

Looking back over the pictures, you notice that one person's face is directed straight at the camera, in fact he seems to have noticed you while you were taking the photo. Nobody is coming to the door, however.

((Crap sorry, sorry, sorry.))
Hey! You there, in the lab coat, do you want to explain why you've brought me here, for The Sun's sake?

You surprise the talker with your statement. He turns and states that he in fact has no idea why you were brought here. He speaks as if, however, he was a resident of this vessel. Surely, you think, he would at least know what is going on.

"Ah, it's you! Hans William, Intern #375. It's good to see you, if it's have a decade later."

Defias turned to the ocean dwellers.

"So, you lived under the ocean? I, uh, read about that before. Pretty big. So..."

Another Skylander breaks the awkwardness by coming in from behind and asking you why he has been brought here--he seems to be interpreting your fabulous coat as a symbol of authority. How mistaken is he!
The ocean dwellers continue in their silence and awkwardness. Perhaps, then, they weren't prepared to be asked about their backgrounds. That still leaves many things unexplained, such as why the Gentleman would go through such lengths to bring these people up here. Surely his goals must be ambitious and require only the best of recruits.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2014, 04:39:28 am »

Get to work on making as much of a air-pressure powered rifle as I can with the materials present.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:13 am »

Let'em try to extract me from the bag, like if I was blacked out. Then "suddenly" regain conciousness. And yell something like:
- What the bloodiest of hell os going on here!?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2014, 11:33:47 am »

Walk In

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »

"Yes, the ocean is indeed rather large," Nathom agreed quietly with the Skylander, his eyes flicking between the others.
"Although not quite as large as the sky, I should think." He ran a hand through his hair and peered thoughtfully at the Agent.
"Questions? I, um, well. Could you tell me more about this 'Everest project'? And, oh, how exactly did you engineer aircraft capable of... all this? Were they salvaged, or simply designed according to the needs of the project?"
His insatiable curiosity began to shine through his terrible awkwardness, at least for the moment.

>Talk talk talk. Ask questions.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »

"If you just go walking in my security men will shoot you on the spot, best if I take you to it besides I'm the only one who has access to the hidden armory."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2014, 08:14:26 pm »

"Yes, the ocean is indeed rather large," Nathom agreed quietly with the Skylander, his eyes flicking between the others.
"Although not quite as large as the sky, I should think." He ran a hand through his hair and peered thoughtfully at the Agent.
"Questions? I, um, well. Could you tell me more about this 'Everest project'? And, oh, how exactly did you engineer aircraft capable of... all this? Were they salvaged, or simply designed according to the needs of the project?"
His insatiable curiosity began to shine through his terrible awkwardness, at least for the moment.

>Talk talk talk. Ask questions.

"Well, our vehicle designs actually have quite a lot to do with the beginnings of the Everest Project. You see, a decade ago, our order was one of two major organizations that actually had contact with both the Skytowers and deep sea establishments. It has been this way for about a century, in fact. I cannot tell you the beginnings of our technology, as I truly have no idea, having not yet been born at the time. However, I can tell you that it is a feat that is only possible because of the resources that both worlds have to offer. Energetic chemical fuel is extremely valuable up here in the Skylander's realm. It so happens that various ocean dweller settlements use chemical energy for lots of different things, ranging from submarine propulsion to, in some cases, ground vehicles when the pollution can be managed. Your own settlement may not be familiar with this use. However, the Skylanders have had a technology which they have been unable to use since the great war, as they have no way to replace the vast amounts of fuel it consumes. This technology is fixed-wing aircraft. An electric motor isn't going to carry much weight on a plane that's dependent on its speed for lift, so despite most towers still having designs from earlier times, they haven't built any because they wouldn't have any fuel for them. That is where our rocket-powered submarine carriers come in. We refuel at our depots on the ocean floor, then travel back and forth between the surface and the sea to maintain contact with all of our agents.

These vehicles are also the reason that first contact was made officially between the two worlds. One of our vessels ended up in the wrong hands under the ocean and a few governments found out about our organization. We managed to control the spread of information, but some governments demanded that we give them our technology--specifically, the principality of Jupiter came to the decision that they would allow us to keep operating in their space only if we handed over our designs. They were willing to compromise, however. Together, we agreed, we would build a massive elevator to link both worlds and create a new age of technological advancement and economic growth. This both fit our own plans and kept more of our technology from falling into the wrong hands."

"If you just go walking in my security men will shoot you on the spot, best if I take you to it besides I'm the only one who has access to the hidden armory."

"Very well. Would you like to lead the way? Come, I will show you the direct tunnel to the ground level..."

He walks deeper into the hall and turns the corner. Following him, you spot four large pools of water, three with submarines floating inside. One of the submarines is very different from the others--it is of a wedge shape rather than a tube shape, and has numerous redundant fins sticking out from the upper and lower hulls. It also has two massive wings, which appear folded and tucked along the hull for protection, but you recognize the hinge mechanism.

"This is... our only transportation to where we're going. Don't worry, though, we will not take off without you."

Let'em try to extract me from the bag, like if I was blacked out. Then "suddenly" regain conciousness. And yell something like:

The hand pulls your limp body out of the bag. You hear plastic wheels rolling on the grated floor in your direction... opening your eyes, you spot a cart loaded with oxygen tanks, a defibrilator, a power supply, and numerous other bits of medical supplies. You shout in the direction of the ceiling for all to hear:
You hear surprised murmers going about the divers that are currently unpacking their gear, as well as the normally-dressed individual pushing the cart.
"What in the blazes..."
"He's awake? Already?"

To your surprise, they don't jump on you immediately or try to stop you from pulling yourself up onto your feet. Your coat is soaked in dirty water, and there's even a splinter of glass poking through one of your pockets. Your gun is still loaded, although drenched, and is hanging from the small metal chain attaching it to its holster. You spot the diver you had shot at twice sitting across from you removing his suit next to a roll of bandages. The bullet you hit him with pops out of the metal suit, only slightly deformed as its kinetic energy was absorbed by the water.

Walk In

You walk into the dining hall. The person who had been watching you in the picture looks at you again, but only glancing briefly before returning to his work of sorting through papers. Others in the room see you and begin to ask each other questions regarding whether or not all of the guests are here yet.
The Gentleman himself spots you and waves hello, motioning for you to come closer so he can speak to you. You shut the door behind yourself and look around to examine the kinds of people in the room. A lot of them appear strange, wearing hats and coats that are uncommon or even impractical for your people to wear, as long coats and flimsy hats will pop off in a light breeze. Most of them probably spend most of their lives indoors, and their pale complexion shows.

Get to work on making as much of a air-pressure powered rifle as I can with the materials present.

[3+1] You dismantle a piece of landing gear for parts, specifically for pistons used in the air-brake mechanism, along with a small compressor that you find perfect for storing in a backpack should you want to make a weapon with an extended operating duration. You spread the parts out along the floor, in addition to parts from your bag such as a barrel and magazines containing flechette style rounds (originally designed for a gauss gun). With some work and a lot of welding, you should be able to put these parts together, although it will be conspicuous. There is a welding mask in the corner.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2014, 08:18:28 pm »

Sit down next to the guy who saw me, and motion the Gentleman to sit with me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »

ASSEMBLE.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2014, 11:00:29 am »

Still waiting for the answer, Henry slides the breechlock back and lets the water out of the pistol, then puts that back to the holster, like if being captured alive by a group of divers with their intensions unclear was a part of everyday life. Being wet from head to toes is not the very best status to play a mean guy, but... what else is one is supposed to do in situation like this?

Be aware. Try to look around. Wait for answer.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:12 am »

Waitlist please.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:48:05 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »

Take the vehicle and helpers they agreed to give me and go empty out the armory.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2014, 02:16:35 am »

"Hmm, well it seems that my keys were overridden, so I am no longer in a position of authority over this vessel. So I don't know."

Talk and continue to be awkward.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2014, 06:23:34 pm »

Still waiting for the answer, Henry slides the breechlock back and lets the water out of the pistol, then puts that back to the holster, like if being captured alive by a group of divers with their intensions unclear was a part of everyday life. Being wet from head to toes is not the very best status to play a mean guy, but... what else is one is supposed to do in situation like this?

Be aware. Try to look around. Wait for answer.

The man pushing the cart--presumably the doctor about to resuscitate you, shrugs and turns around as if nothing happened, rolling the cart back into the hall. You resist the urge to chuckle at his response.
The diver whom you shot at twice speaks out for himself.
"I was the one rescuin' ya."
Another one explains the situation in more detail:
"I'm... we are terribly sorry about what just happened. We ran into a confrontation with Sir Halliday's fleet and had to improvise. The ramming manuver was the best we could come up with to get you out of there without risking ourselves. You have our deepest condolences for anything or anyone you may have lost in the accident."
"James, he was with the Illuminati. They must'a been tryin'a recruit him or sum'n."
That man's accent is obnoxious. You almost don't feel sorry for shooting him in the gut.

You hear footsteps coming from the hall. A woman walks in.
"We need all hands outside repairing the left jet. The pirate's distracting Halliday's fleet, but they're closing in fast on her."
As she finishes the sentence and the divers begin to respond, you hear cheering and clapping from across the hall. Looking in, you see that it's not actually a hall, but rather an elongated passenger cabin with rows of seats along the sides. The cheering is coming from another cabin across the particular section you are looking into.

Take the vehicle and helpers they agreed to give me and go empty out the armory.

[4] Nothing of note happens as the truck driver brings the vehicle to your building and pulls to a stop in the building's private parking lot. A security officer spots your truck and motions for the driver to stop the vehicle, but you hop out and he recognizes you. The officer nods and welcomes you, then walks back into the building.
You instruct the rest of the agents (still missing Thomas, for whatever reason) to come with you into the building as you come back up to the server room, only to find the hallway covered in yellow tape and guarded by two city police officers.

"Excuse me, do you have permission to enter? We are currently investigating a series of murders that occured between two and four PM."

ASSEMBLE.

You put together a rudimentary breech-loaded pneumatic rifle, and pick up enough air cylinders for about eighty shots, stuffing them into your bag. You think of a name for the weapon, first dwelling on Albert. Since that's not menacing enough for a gun, you decide to name the weapon Halbert instead.

Your activities seem to have drawn some attention. A lot of people, now, are giving you weird stares as the walk by. Most of the people seem to be heading up the stairs by now and leaving the hangars.

"Hmm, well it seems that my keys were overridden, so I am no longer in a position of authority over this vessel. So I don't know."

Talk and continue to be awkward.

Hans replies:

"Yes, that is correct. There are actually master keycards that only the Gentleman and one of his close friends have copies of. They've been controlling the ship for a while now."
That probably explains the difficulties you've had over the past few days with controlling the airship. The computer doesn't seem to listen to your commands.
"We made sure the computer didn't give it away until recently. Today we planned to send an agent up to bring you here, but you seem to have found your way to our secret base all on your own! Wonderful.

Now, where were we... I believe we should be going up now. There are quite a few members of the crew that you should see again, Defias. The rest of you..."

He turns to face the new skylander and the two ocean dwellers.
"You're welcome to talk to anyone you like. Don't be shy!"

Sit down next to the guy who saw me, and motion the Gentleman to sit with me.

The Gentleman nods and straightens his hat. He sits at a small round table off to the side with you and the onlooker. The onlooker tells you his name.
"Greetings, I am Berkeley. And you are?"
You tell him your name only and then look at the Gentleman. You try to make eye contact... but it's almost as if he really has no face, as no light seems to be reflecting off of it. Under his hat, there is literally a black shadow that's talking to you.
"Oh Lukim, you don't quite trust us, do you? Fear not, you will get what you deserve after this. A way to rule without resorting to violence. And a way to solve the problems your tower has encountered."
He pulls out a flat sheet of plastic and a box containing little plastic pieces.
"Care for a game of chess while we wait? We still have two missing guests. They ought to be arriving soon."
[3] You know what chess is, although you haven't played it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:44:25 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21