Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27302 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2014, 11:17:21 am »

I warned ya
Get diver's hand away from me, possibly using gun. Then proceed to the airlock. If failed to get his hand away form me, shoot the whole mag in pre-death frustration.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »

Knock the guy out for fun, sneak towards the sounds. Don't get caught

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

Smiling mirthlessly to himself as he looks around he mumbles under his breath.

"Damn I'm getting slow."

Before raising his voice.

"So why am I here and who just tried to kill me?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2014, 01:28:34 am »

Go looking for materials to make a pnuematic rifle.

As you cross the room, the rest of the Gentleman's personnel exit the planes and helicopter and begin to congregate on the runways.
You sneak past the crowd and try to innocuously open one of the garage doors, [1] but one agent notices you and interrupts you as you turn the handle.
"Greetings, my friend. Is there a problem?"

I warned ya
Get diver's hand away from me, possibly using gun. Then proceed to the airlock. If failed to get his hand away form me, shoot the whole mag in pre-death frustration.

[4] You force he diver's hand off of you, but at the cost of vital energy. He reaches for you again, and this time you are running out of air, so in desperation you fire your pistol again. It makes the same dull thunk as it did before, [2] but the bullet misses far and wide, its trajectory curving wildly through the water. The diver clutches your shoulder again and you are unable to muster the strength to twist it off this time.
[5] Despite the underwater noise, you make out what the diver is saying through the vibrations in his suit and helmet.
"He's passing *indecipherable* want me to *indecipherable* up now?"
There is a pause, and then he speaks again. You hear every word.
"Alright I'll leave the illuminati."

The diver starts to drag you up toward the airlock. The airlock's hatch opens up, and you spot the inner layer of a crumpled bag through the opening. A sort of body-bag, perhaps?

Smiling mirthlessly to himself as he looks around he mumbles under his breath.

"Damn I'm getting slow."

Before raising his voice.

"So why am I here and who just tried to kill me?

One agent turns to face you and reaches out to shake your hand. Reluctantly, you take the offer.
"Mr. Corran Bekter. You have been chosen to participate in the Gentleman's plan to help make our world a better place. By coming with us, you will learn of our operations on the surface. It will be dangerous for you to help us, but the artifacts on the surface are too important in finding a solution to heal our planet.

As for the hostiles you and Agent Thomas encountered, they are our rivals--the illuminati. You might not be familiar with them..."

The name rings with you somewhat, but you can't quite bring up the memory.
"They tried to stop us from reaching you. They fear that we are growing in momentum while their agents dwindle one by one. You see, we have long known of the existence of a world above this ocean. A race of people living on giant towers, high above the toxic clouds. These people too want to restore our world to its former glory. The illuminati don't want that. They are... racists, as best as we can put it. But our acceptance of these people, the Skylanders, gives us an advantage in that we can recruit the best minds from both worlds. As such, our order's power is growing much faster than theirs."

Knock the guy out for fun, sneak towards the sounds. Don't get caught

You hold still in the hallway and wait for the janitor to come and greet you. As he innocently says "Hi," you twist your body around and slam your knuckles into the side of his jaw. The janitor blacks out and drops to the ground.
You brush the blood off of your fist, although you feel a sting and inspect your fingers, noticing tooth-marks on your hand from the blow.

There is, luckily, a closet nearby. You drag the knocked-out worker inside and close the door enough to leave only a crack for air.

You sneak up around the corner to the open door and see orange light coming out of it. Peering through, you spot a table inside a grand hall room, with a lot of empty chairs and even more well-dressed ladies and gentlemen talking to each other, looking at papers, and carrying objects. Spot spot the Gentleman himself speaking to someone, recognizing him by the shadowy face. Strange, as you didn't see the Gentleman leave the hanger bay when you got out of the quadcopter.

Nathom nods uncertainly at the newcomer, mumbling a "Hello," without taking his hands from pockets yet.
He glances aside at Kyle, as though waiting for him to speak first before introducing himself.

>Awkwardness.
"Hello..."
Defias stood there for a moment. He hadn't talked to another human being in half a decade, and as such his conversational skills were duly lacking. He pondered whether or not he should ask the strangers where they were from, or if they got the same message from the gentleman he had.

"Hey there. *clears throat* So... have you... did you... been... okay, lets start over. Where are you gentlemen from?" he asked the strangers.

The conversation isn't progressing well... all three men are staring at each other in silence. Fortunately, an agent comes by and breaks the silence.
"Ah, Defias! Do you remember me? You couldn't possibly think we all died on you this whole time!

Well anyway, meet the Ocean Dwellers. Long ago, their civilization took shelter beneath the seas rather than above the clouds. Very recently, a gateway has been opened between the two worlds in the form of the Everest project. I can tell you three all about it if you're not familiar with it. Do you have any questions to ask before we go up to the great hall?"

((Noodlerex, are you there?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2014, 02:14:11 am »

"Looking for materials."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »

Ehm... Kinda... Loose conciousness, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

"Got a truck and some people I can borrow? I have an armory full of prototypes I'd like to collect for my personal use and a fair amount of standard weaponry I'd be happy to donate."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:24:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:20 am »

Get my boys to process the people inside the ball room, and send them to me. Who are they?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2014, 01:41:35 am »

Get my boys to process the people inside the ball room, and send them to me. Who are they?

(("Process?"))

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2014, 09:36:45 am »

((Crap sorry, sorry, sorry.))
Hey! You there, in the lab coat, do you want to explain why you've brought me here, for The Sun's sake?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

"Ah, it's you! Hans William, Intern #375. It's good to see you, if it's have a decade later."

Defias turned to the ocean dwellers.

"So, you lived under the ocean? I, uh, read about that before. Pretty big. So..."

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:48 pm »

((Crap sorry, sorry, sorry.))
Hey! You there, in the lab coat, do you want to explain why you've brought me here, for The Sun's sake?

((No problem. We're missing a lot of people, though. I think I'll stick with the current 7 for the rest of the first mission and have people reapply after that ends. It's a shame mentallama seems to have forgotten, since his/her plot was going to mesh in with Comrade P.'s story.))

Current active players:
Superblackcat
HighEndNoob
Comrade P.
Patrick Hunt
Gamerlord
Noodlerex
Yoink

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »

(("Process?"))

((Check on a database as to who they are, if possible))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2014, 02:09:56 am »

(("Process?"))

((Check on a database as to who they are, if possible))

((Ah, I gotchya. You're sending their pictures using your phone's camera, right?))

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2014, 09:41:59 am »

((O-o-o-o-of course!)) ((like I thought it out that much ;)))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21