Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27278 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:55 am »

Kyle walks closer to the guy.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »

Kyle walks closer to the guy.

You are already next to him, as you are next to Nathom who was the first person the stranger greeted. The stranger turns to you, greeting you in the same voice.

Take those razors and build a shiv.

((Don't I get +1s to this from my job or something? *sigh*))

((Perhaps, but reverse-engineering technology you don't understand yet isn't entirely in the job description. Building something yourself, however, will net you a +1

I've updated active player's sheets with a thematic trait just for the future.))

[5] You take out your toolkit and some materials and, still inside the helicopter and outside of anyone's view, fashion a serrated blade from the razors which you promptly remove from the hat after the incident.

The weapon came out nicely, with the razor teeth soldering nicely onto a stick of metal you brought along. Wrapping the end in electrical tape, you now have an improvised weapon in case something goes wrong here.

Just waiting for my advancement, and my boys. (I assume they could be here now!)

You hear your boys call in on your own frequency.
"Hey, we found a place to touch down on top of the ship. We can make our way down through the roof exits. How far do you think you'll be?"

Just advance
((Although Lars is insulted :P))

The skylander seems to be just muttering on a phone, ignoring you. How insulting.

You heard someone walking down the stairs earlier, and see a man in a white coat talking to some other people on the far side of the hangar. He looks important, judging from his outfit.

Piston also seems to be missing.

Follow him

You follow him down the street without running into any trouble. The police drive by, and your clumsy walking (since you are holding so much stuff) draws in curious looks from the surrounding people, but nobody confronts you nor the agent.

The agent holds the door for you into the city hall's lobby. A uniformed man--the local militia general, to be specific--greets him and shakes his hand.
"So you found him, great. Nothing's happened since you left, so just head on down to the tunnels."
Agent Thomas heads toward a gate marked "Authorized Personnel Only." He tells you that the staff here know who you are, but the looks that everyone in the room is giving you makes you feel a little suspicious. One bearded man at a desk on the other side of the lobby stands out to you, in particular. He is constantly fixing his monocle on you with one hand, the other tucked underneath his longcoat.

((Actually, at this point I'm not sure my character could survive - the lift is broken, the shaft is probably filled with water above it, too deep to swim outside. Oh, I see one way to struggle!))
Action: Get closer to the drivers, fire them from my gun if possible, try to get one's breathing gear.

The water keeps rushing in, your assailants merely watching from outside. You can't get to them, as they are outside the tunnel, where the water pressure will kill you outright. Their heavy suits are much too heavy to put on in the limited time you have, should you take one down somehow before the water pressure increases.

But before resigning yourself to a watery demise, you spot that the divers are fitting some sort of round cylinder into the hole they made. The fixture attaches itself to the glass and cuts off the water flow as soon as the tunnel nearly fills, leaving a tiny pocket of air at the apex of the tunnel's arch. It turns out to be an airlock, as you see a flurry of bubbles come out of the inner hatch and rise to the air pocket, along with one of the divers. If you have a chance, this would probably be it.

[6] You hop closer to the diver under the water. He looks at you in the eyes, expecting you to give up in your current situation. He stands upright, presumably waiting for you to make whatever move you are trying to make. You reveal your Mauzer and, as he slowly starts to back away, fire it underwater at him. The weapon makes a loud pop and a shockwave in the water that constantly doubles back on itself. The bullet leaves a winding trail of bubbles as it travels, slowing down but still hitting the diver with enough force to puncture his metal suit. A thin red mist comes out of the wound and starts to spread.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »

"Hello..."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2014, 01:47:04 am »

Try to get the message to the divers, mostly in verbal way, but using whatever methods posiible if verbal one doesn't work:
- I do not want to continue this mess with shooting, so show me the way out, or I'll be forced to continue in pre-drowning frustration.
Wait for their reaction.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2014, 01:59:44 am »

Head out of the helicopter and investigate the area.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:30 pm »

Continue to follow, keep one hand on the big gun.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2014, 10:51:04 pm »

Defias stood there for a moment. He hadn't talked to another human being in half a decade, and as such his conversational skills were duly lacking. He pondered whether or not he should ask the strangers where they were from, or if they got the same message from the gentleman he had.

"Hey there. *clears throat* So... have you... did you... been... okay, lets start over. Where are you gentlemen from?" he asked the strangers.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2014, 11:51:41 pm »

Tell the boys just to stay put outside. Go in

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:59 pm »

((You don't have to wait for an update to speak to each other's characters. kj1225 and Yoink, in particular. I would like to know when you are planning a reply just so I can advance the RTD faster.))

Try to get the message to the divers, mostly in verbal way, but using whatever methods posiible if verbal one doesn't work:
- I do not want to continue this mess with shooting, so show me the way out, or I'll be forced to continue in pre-drowning frustration.
Wait for their reaction.

[3] You attempt to verbalize, but it comes out as mostly bubbles and indistinct noise. Instead, you clasp your hands around your mouth as if trying to breath. The diver does not retaliate to your gunshot, but does grab your shoulder and raise a hand signal to the others outside the tube.

Outside of the tunnel, the other divers seem to be mostly watching. One of them is operating the airlock.

Continue to follow, keep one hand on the big gun.

You go down into the basement of the building. They take you further than you've been before, past some security doors. You pass through a vault-like circular door that leads into an underground chamber hollowed out of the rock, with rough-hewn walls and a smooth stone floor illuminated by dim lamps in the ceiling. You hear a large body of water splashing gently in the distance.

There are more agents dressed similarly to Thomas moving about. Curiously, however, Thomas himself isn't beside you anymore.

Head out of the helicopter and investigate the area.

You disembark and find yourself in a spacious area where other flying vehicles are parked. You spot Lars in the distance along with another Skylander walking toward a stairwell. There is also a conversation going between a skylander in an ornate white longcoat and two gloomy fellows in dark coats and pants.

Tell the boys just to stay put outside. Go in

Up the stairwell, you enter a narrow metal hallway. You hear speech coming from an open door to your right, and spot a janitor coming toward you on your left.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2014, 01:21:14 am »

Investigate the flyers.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2014, 02:04:58 am »

Investigate the flyers.

The hangar is filled with various helicopters that have varying amounts of rotors. The other flying vehicles look like bulky fixed-wing aircraft with oversized propellers at the ends. Their hulls are smeared with a faint cyan tinge, similar to the deeper clouds below.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2014, 02:05:48 am »

Try to find the maintenance station.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2014, 02:09:14 am »

Try to find the maintenance station.

There are a number of garage-style doors along the walls with various carts and rolls of tubing beside them. None of them are in use.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2014, 02:17:31 am »

Go looking for materials to make a pnuematic rifle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2014, 03:44:53 am »

Nathom nods uncertainly at the newcomer, mumbling a "Hello," without taking his hands from pockets yet.
He glances aside at Kyle, as though waiting for him to speak first before introducing himself.

>Awkwardness.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21