Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27350 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2014, 12:34:46 am »

((Feel free to respond to people in the thread, as I don't want to force anyone's characters to react in a certain way to something. At least, not until you flesh out the character a bit more.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:37 am »

Keep tinkering.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2014, 11:45:27 pm »

Nathom took in the scene with wide, attentive eyes, fascinated by it all.
He turned quickly as he heard someone speak behind him, nervously tucking his hands into the pockets of his parka.
"Ah, hello," he said, uncertainly studying the newcomer. After a moment he decided to add, "I am Nathom."
He took a hand from his parka and stuck it out to shake.

>Greet the person speaking to me, study them.

>Watch the surroundings as well, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2014, 11:48:17 pm »

Kyle shakes Nathom's hand with a good amount of force.
"Ah'm Kyle."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2014, 11:45:44 am »

"Ah, yes, yes," Nathom mumbles, withdrawing his hand at the earliest opportunity to stuff it back in his pocket, "It's good to meet you." After a pause, he asks, "I... suppose you are new to all this, as well? Fascinating, isn't it."
Having made an at least passable attempt at human interaction, he goes back to looking around from where he stands, his usually dour expression tinged with wonder. His head was still buzzing from the plane ride, let alone all of this. "My... I thought all such technology had been lost for centuries. Amazing. I knew of the Sky Towers, but didn't realize just how impressive a people they were."
Booze is Life for Yoink

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:38 am »

Kyle nods looking around.
"I can only imagine the circutry needed for all this."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

"Mm. And the design- how something so lightweight and aerodynamic can survive high winds and its own propulsion, I should like to know." He turned his attention partially to the other people in the hangar, now-- not staring at them creepily or anything, or at least not aiming to, but just trying to get an idea of the main groups present.

>Stand around, study the room and the people in it. What sorts of folk can I see? Is anyone taking an interest in us?
Booze is Life for Yoink

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2014, 11:55:08 am »

Kyle nods looking around as well.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:31 pm »

Study to surrounding people, attempt to start a conversation.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:21 am »

Call out the the fellow Skylander.
You there, hopefully you're more civilized than the company I've been forced to share for the last three hours.
Try to not go inside before my boys get near to whereever I am.

((Is there going to be any response or should I just advance?))

"Mm. And the design- how something so lightweight and aerodynamic can survive high winds and its own propulsion, I should like to know." He turned his attention partially to the other people in the hangar, now-- not staring at them creepily or anything, or at least not aiming to, but just trying to get an idea of the main groups present.

>Stand around, study the room and the people in it. What sorts of folk can I see? Is anyone taking an interest in us?

You and Kyle spot a foreign fellow coming down the stairs. He seems well-dressed for a Skylander, wearing a rather stylish coat indicating higher class, no less. He looks around the chamber then, as if guided by someone, immediately walks toward you.
The man greets you in a raspy voice, his posture severely hunched over from many years of reading and sitting. He has a scholarly air about him, speaking with words of wisdom--or what would be considered wisdom if you could make out what he was saying. It sounds like he hasn't spoken a single word in a very long time.

Keep tinkering.

[3] You manage to reset the hat's mechanism to its original setup using your hands, and then decide to replace all of the razors into their original locations. You forget to reenable the safety switch, and accidentally drop the hat afterward. Its mechanism triggers again, and the hat-turned-razordisc falls cutting edge-first onto the metal floor, inches away from the steel of your boot.

Considering current situation, James doesn't see a direct course of action, so he asks:
- So... Any ideas what to do now? This submarine looks mean, but it is authorities' job to keep us safe. And where were we originally going?

The stranger you originally talked to hesitates. He seems to be regaining his breath after being frightened from the disaster in the building.
After a few seconds of silence, he begins.
[2] "We were taking you to our meeting place inside that building. Now that the authorities will be all over it, we will have to--"
His speech is interrupted by his companions grabbing his shoulder and warning him.
"Over there, the wall!"
You look to the wall they are pointing at and spot a group of divers outside the tunnel with heavy drilling equipment. They must be from that submarine...

The divers, ignoring the fact that they have been clearly sighted, drill through the glass and cut out a meter-sized hole in a matter of seconds--the glass plug flies out and shatters on the ground, letting through a massive jet of water, instantly filling the tunnel from the inside.

You are knocked over on your back by a deluge of water as the water level rises immediately above chest height.

Go to the front door to meet my partner. Keep my security chief I.D visible.

[4] You make your way to the front door of the lobby without drawing any noticeable suspicion, despite having a chaingun literally under your belt.

The agent meets you out on the street and pulls you to a corner. He immediately notices the large object beneath your jacket.
"Got yourself one of your toys, haven't you?"
He points down the street toward the city hall of Hadria Coral--a building which was, in fact, built underneath a particularly large rock formation covered with deep-sea coral. The structure was carefully isolated and preserved as the rest of the dome was build around it. That was a tourist's biggest concern, at least. Knowing more than that, you realize that the agent is either with the mayorship, or that he is planning to use the hidden launch tubes underneath the city in order to maintain confidentiality.

A woman in the distance glances at the two of you momentarily, then returns to her business. You also hear police sirens going off in the distance--never a good sign.

Still waiting on mentallama's response
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2014, 12:49:24 am »

Take those razors and build a shiv.

((Don't I get +1s to this from my job or something? *sigh*))

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:19 am »

Just waiting for my advancement, and my boys. (I assume they could be here now!)

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2014, 05:45:06 am »

Just advance
((Although Lars is insulted :P))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2014, 09:15:50 am »

Follow him
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:07 am »

((Actually, at this point I'm not sure my character could survive - the lift is broken, the shaft is probably filled with water above it, too deep to swim outside. Oh, I see one way to struggle!))
Action: Get closer to the drivers, fire them from my gun if possible, try to get one's breathing gear.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21