Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27393 times)

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2014, 07:46:54 pm »

"Alright you mangy lot, we are about to see a little action, lock onto the closest vessel and prepare to fire one Hellsting torpedo on my mark..... now!"
Fire Hellsting torpedo at the nearest sub.
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »

Take the syringe, grenade, notebook. Pick up 4 handguns small enough to conceal and all the ammo for them. Strap on the minigun and it's ammo. Open the door and mow down whoever is outside unless it's the guy who's helping me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »

((Uh, reporting in. As far as I know Nathom is in limbo somewhere, getting onto a submarine? I think?))

((You and darkpaladin are aboard the submarine-planes. You took a trip through most of the ocean and ended up flying through the atmosphere to the Archive.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »

"Well, I guess I might as well meet other people for once."

Head down to the hanger and meet the other 'guests'.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2014, 09:09:26 pm »

>Examine my surroundings.

>Also ponder how much time has passed since we left.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »

Sit down, relax. Radio a squad of my boys in to follow me. Connect something to GPS, so my boys can track me.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2014, 12:50:47 pm »

((Slight delays, yesterday was busy.))

"Well, I guess I might as well meet other people for once."

Head down to the hanger and meet the other 'guests'.

You follow the Gentleman's guidance and head further into this new wing of the Archive. You reach another stairwell, this one larger and next to a cargo elevator, that brings you to the hangars where you observe a number of flying vehicles disembarking passengers.

Sit down, relax. Radio a squad of my boys in to follow me. Connect something to GPS, so my boys can track me.

The gangsters are on their way in a helicopter, but they won't have any way to track you once you're inside. The GPS network hasn't been operational for hundreds of years.

As you disembark, you spot some foreign skylanders coming out of a nearby helicopter. One of them makes his way toward you.

>Examine my surroundings.

>Also ponder how much time has passed since we left.

You were on the plane for about four hours.

The plane taxi's into an airlock, waiting for the atmosphere to be pressurized, then rolls into the Archives internal hangars. The other gentlemen on the plane stand up and stretch, so you do the same in order to not stand out too much.

You climb down the stairway into a spacious chamber, bustling with activity and echoing with a strange, haunting noise coming from the walls of the airship. The floor gently sways back and forth beneath your feet, but not noticeably enough to cause you to lose your balance. Another plane seems to have already disembarked in front of you, with a single fellow Ocean Dweller standing amidst a sea of ladies and gentlemen ((Sean Clements AKA darkpaladin109)).

You see some new, smaller vehicles slightly further down the hall, also dropping off passengers. They look foreign, bizzare even, unable to enter water at all, with propellers facing upward and gratuitous amounts of fins and turbines. Their bridges are horribly exposed, with passenger compartment doors thin enough to dent with a hammer, or perhaps a fist with some repercussions. Various strange people are exiting these vehicles, some wearing awful-looking masks and baggy clothing with lots of pointless belts to keep it all on--why not wear a simple coat to keep warm?

Someone walks up behind you, whistling.

Kyle lets out a whistle looking around the archive.

The room you are in is a launching place for the vehicles you came here with. Instead of large transports, the room is built to accommodate a wide array of smaller craft, with carious landing pads and sets of refueling equipment for all sorts of vehicles. There are four vehicles like the ones you came in--amphibious planes, or so you were told while leaving the craft. There are twelve smaller vehicles of various types that do not appear to be designed for water transport, instead using propellers to move air and create lift. The whole concept looks silly to you, but you imagine it works for these people well enough.

You spy a fellow Ocean Dweller disembarking from a plane in front of you. Excited to see some company, you walk over to him.

Still Here
Pray to the sun that we'll make it there soon,
the quicker I get away from this filthy Piston the better

Your medatative state is broken by some turbulence, accompanied by loud, blaring sirens from outside. The helicopter takes you inside an internal hangar bay, where you disembark and examine your surroundings.
There are a number of fixed-wing aircraft inside the chamber. You find this strange, as those are not only difficult to handle, but fuel is extremely scarce. They also have these strange, non-aerodynamic structures at the back with oversized propellers.
You hurry off of your own vehicle to get away from Piston and look around for anyone as civilized as you. You spot another Skylander stepping out of a nearby quadrotor, so you head toward him.

PRESENT BITCHES.

TINKER WITH THE MECHANISMS OF THE HAT.

As the vehicle stops and the sound of rotors subsides, you take a brief moment to examine the hat you brought with you. You have the razor blades with you, but they've been removed, so tinkering with it shouldn't be deadly. Unless of course it has an explosive fail-safe, but for a hat? Really?
[3] The mechanism shifts whenever you spin the hat around quickly. You find that a slow throwing motion elicits the same response. However, the entire mechanism seems to be loose unless you flip a metal switch inset on the rim of the hat, which then causes a flicking motion to keep the hat's mechanism engaged at all times, as well as making the hat shake around in your hand a little whenever you move it.

Take the syringe, grenade, notebook. Pick up 4 handguns small enough to conceal and all the ammo for them. Strap on the minigun and it's ammo. Open the door and mow down whoever is outside unless it's the guy who's helping me.

You stuff all the things in your bag, then briefly equip the minigun in order to deal with the possible threat outside.

[4] You swing the door open and see that the person outside is not the agent that's helping you. You open fire and fire about thirty rounds into the person's chest, instantly bringing him down and also making a mess of the server room. One of the bullets hits a computer, but the computer seems to still work.

You reach over to the body and examine the victim's nametag. It was a computer technician.

((My fault here. I should specify that I was going to use some kind of stairways or like that. Nevermind, I'll deal with current situation.))
- Come on, let us open this door and get out o'here.
Action: Try to open the door manually (possibly seek for any lever of emergency exit, or just brute force) and jump out. Any help is welcome and expected, in fact.

[5] You brace yourself against the door to provide as much friction as possible, while the other people with you do the same. With two people on each door, you slowly open a crack between the doors and trigger the sensors, causing them to swing aside. You're on what seems to be the emergency floor--the floor connected to the bridges outside that lead to a bunker in the center of the city. However, water is pouring in fast. You and the strangers rush inside and activate the pumps, which slowly pump out whatever water is left. The airlock then allows you to enter the safety tunnels. You look outside through the windows and see that the building had been hit by a submarine crash. The submarine itself appears relatively intact, but it's difficult to tell with the bubbles pouring out of the building.

You spot a brief flash and an explosion in the distant waters.

"Alright you mangy lot, we are about to see a little action, lock onto the closest vessel and prepare to fire one Hellsting torpedo on my mark..... now!"
Fire Hellsting torpedo at the nearest sub.

[6] Your crew prepares the torpedo and fires it at the enemy submarine from the side. Your sensors pick up a satisfying burst on the sonar display.
The blast went right through the enemy sub--however, to your dismay, the submarine is still afloat and moves with the rest of them. The torpedo must have simply punched a hole without causing enough internal damage to destabilize the sub. The four submarines begin to move in unison, assuming a single-file line formation directly toward your vessel to protect the submarines in the rear from further attack.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:58:02 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2014, 01:04:02 pm »

Go to the front door to meet my partner. Keep my security chief I.D visible.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2014, 01:06:06 pm »

"Hello my fellow."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2014, 02:14:27 pm »

- Oh, my... Well, at least, now I can see a very clear target to deal with.
Henry looks around. What is the bunker status? Is it full of people, or we were the lucky ones? Is there any emergency supplies like food, water? Maybe smallarms? Are there any exits?
((To be clear: my action includes gathering my thoughts in a pile and checking the status. Further ones depend on what I have here.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2014, 02:58:02 pm »

Go to the front door to meet my partner. Keep my security chief I.D visible.

((Minigun in hand?))

- Oh, my... Well, at least, now I can see a very clear target to deal with.
Henry looks around. What is the bunker status? Is it full of people, or we were the lucky ones? Is there any emergency supplies like food, water? Maybe smallarms? Are there any exits?
((To be clear: my action includes gathering my thoughts in a pile and checking the status. Further ones depend on what I have here.))

You're not in the bunker yet, but there is a clear path to it. A small group of other people people is visible advancing down the tunnel to the bunker.

((There are a number of bunkers in the city, one in each district, that are used for emergency situations like volcanic activity or mass failure of atmosphere control. There is a level of tunnels above the street levels connecting all major buildings to these safety bunkers. You can exit the network to enter any other major building, or you can stay in the bunker as there are supplies there, especially medical supplies, but also anything like food and water that would be important to have during a major disaster.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »

(( Tuck it under my coat. It'll be lumpy but it'll hide it. That's good enough for now. ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »

Considering current situation, James doesn't see a direct course of action, so he asks:
- So... Any ideas what to do now? This submarine looks mean, but it is authorities' job to keep us safe. And where were we originally going?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »

Try to not go inside before my boys get near to whereever I am.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2014, 09:09:41 pm »

Call out the the fellow Skylander.
You there, hopefully you're more civilized than the company I've been forced to share for the last three hours.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21