Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27408 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 12:05:55 am »

"Well then it really isn't my day. That place could hold a fortune, just the location alone could fetch me a decent price."
Tallis gets on the horn and attempts to hail the sub the is on the crash course and see if there is some way to stop it or divert it's course
"This is the Captain of the under sea Raven, please explain why you are about to ram a hole into the side of my next paycheck. If you do not comply I will use deadly force. It's nothing personal it's just not good business to throw away treasure."

((The city is populated and has lights, but your character is assuming it is a ruined undersea dome city, correct?
That would make sense as you are working off sonar imagery and can't see the lights visually from inside a sub. I'm just making sure.))

The submarine's commanding officer responds to the hail and sends back a transmission, still on-course:
"Greetings ma'am, you are speaking to Admiral . Firstly, before anything is agreed upon, may I know whether or not this is Tallis Dedaine speaking?"
You spot what appear to be torpedoes launched from the four trailing subs. Doing your work for you, perhaps.

Aneita peers at the man, and then follows cautiously, arms crossed.
Follow the man to the control hangar.

"Ughhh, I really don't want to have to do this..."
He kicks open the door, revealing a small man sitting in front of some consoles on a rotating chair.
"Excuse me!" asks the cloaked stranger in his loud, booming voice.
"This lady and I have important matters that we must get to. It is imperative that you grant us access to the hangar so that we may leave."
"You got anything scheduled?" the operator asks, confused.
"Our operations are covert."
The operator eyes the stranger and yourself, presumably looking for weapons.
"I'm sorry, I can't just do that. Rules are rules, and we gotta keep the skies clear and the people safe."

The stranger turns to you again and walks closer.
"Do you believe you can convince him? If not, it would be expedient to simply take control from him and go about our plans." he whispers.

"'Kay."
Kyle does what he is told.

You leave your bags at the tour station--the rest of the Gentleman agents would most likely take care of the bags and put them somewhere that they won't be discovered unattended and raise suspicions.

You go out on the tour inside a heavy diving suit, pressurized and containing three hours of air. Motors inside the legs help you walk along at a normal pace, also allowing you to run with a slight jog as fast as the suit's hydrodynamic design allows. You and the gentleman agent split off from the rest of the group after a few minutes. You notice that radio chatter continues as normal, so you make a few basic comments on the scenery to make sure nobody notices your absence until you are far enough away.
You cross an underwater ridge to a lower-elevation area on the seafloor and find a strange vehicle parked on the abyssal sands. It is a large, wedge-shaped submersible, with a submarine hatch but also some cargo doors on the sides and portholes allowing you to see inside the cabin, albeit not clearly. The body is mostly flat but the cylindrical center cabin extends from the back and remains the same height until the nose, tapered at both ends.

You enter through an airlock on the back of the vehicle, leaving your diving suit in a locker and emerging from the back door into the cabin where you sit down.
*The rise is similar to Nathom's and Sean's.*

Spin to face the target I failed to hit and ram the knife into her gut then sweep her feet out from beneath her. If the guy on the floor tries to rise while I'm distracted kick him in the side of the head before he can get to his feet.

"...Bekter, what are you--"
The speaker cuts off abruptly as you attack again. The woman you are attacking points her gun at you, [5] but you simultaneously knock her down and stab her in the gut, this time feeling the blade cut through. She collapses, stunned from the pain. [4] Noticing the other surviving enemy crawling for his pistol, you kick him in the side of the head to keep him down. Finally, you finish them both off with your knife.

"Your hat is no more I'm afraid."

"Very well, let's go."

"It must have rolled off into the clouds then. A shame."

((So Gamerlord, your guy is a member of the lower caste of Sunstone))
Is that a piston?! In the name of the Sun, I guess whoever this gentleman is he really is recruiting anybody.
throw down the ladder, and climb into the helicopter, making sure to turn my nose up at the piston scum.

The pilot remarks,
"There's more to it than just merit. It involves a lot of precise calculations and accurate predictions. Very few know how the Gentleman makes his decisions."

You and Piston sit down in the helicopter's seats, across from each other. The hatless agent climbs in at last and all three and hang on as the pilot makes a sudden turn toward your destination.

"To the Archive!"

Tell him to stop, Have guns pointed at him.
"Who are you? What are you doing here? What do you need?"

The Gentleman responds with a grin on his face.
"I came to make a proposition. Normally I would hold off on informing my guests until everyone is here, but since you asked, and I'm here, I shall tell.

I happen to know the location of a bunker in the old world containing valuable artifacts and information that could change the course of history. I need five brave individuals to explore its depths and bring back what they can. The only catch is that they may see the world in a different light altogether when this is over. Granted, there are some hazards but we will give you all of the tools and equipment needed for you to do the job.

It is the information I truly want--I am a simple man, wishing only to fit the pieces together and let the big picture speak for itself. Your reward will be the artifacts that you uncover. And if you would believe me, they are well worth the risk."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2014, 12:27:18 am »

"I see you are quite rich, given your ship there. If I am to go on this trip, I will need *Insert large amount of money here* in order to rebuild this area and help these kids. Especially since I'm going to be gone."

Ask Shamelessly for a lot of money

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2014, 12:48:42 am »

Chill out, but keep an eye on the skynoser (Noodlerex).

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:17 am »

Ask the pilot for any other information about The Gentleman, ignore Piston

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:36 am »

Kyle waits to be spoken to while enjoying the scenery.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 11:55:10 am »

((Whoops, forgot to do these two!))

Send a spy drone a safe distance away from the quad-rotor to observe what is happening on the tower.

You send one of your personal drones out through an airlock in order to observe what is being done on the skytower. The little quad-rotor hovers just above the tower's rim, raising its periscope to send back a feed of everything that is happening.

- What you say is making perfect sense. I actually had no clear ideas about Gentleman's true intensions. I do agree with the way you offer. Let us do that. But one question is still bothering me - what exactly do you want to do to stop Gentleman?

"Both we and the Gentleman have great power at our disposal. We tend to make use of it by buying out corporations and installing sleeper agents in others, slowly gaining control over society. This way, we can find the Gentleman's agents and weed them out before they can cause trouble.
The Gentleman, however, works through convincing politicians and military commanders to help his cause. He was directly responsible for the Everest Project being funded and built--we are working to put an end to this by preventing him from gaining more allegiances, whether by hunting down his agents or directly influencing governments he has persuaded."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2014, 12:31:05 pm »

Search the bodies.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:30 pm »

- And what is my particular task in this game of yours? My profession is quite pecisely described by a word "gunsmith". So I wonder how can I be useful in this affair?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:18:06 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2014, 07:46:20 pm »

((you assume correctly))
"Yes of course this is tal..... How do you know who I am?
Tallis flips on the combat light, signaling to her crew to report to battle stations.
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2014, 02:48:03 am »

((I'm a little bit confused- has my turn been run, or are we still waiting on someone?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »

((I'm a little bit confused- has my turn been run, or are we still waiting on someone?))

((Your character will meet up with the guys at Lukim's tower shortly.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:38 pm »

"Where are we going now? Why did the gentleman choose me?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:54 pm »

Have the scout follow the quad-rotor as it maks it's way to the archive. Wait for it with a security drone.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »

((Feel free to bump the thread if I don't post after two days. It helps me stay motivated.))

Search the bodies.

You find subway tickets on all three bodies, outside of the usual things such as wallets and handheld phones.
"We could trace the train these people were supposed to be on. That would help us find their meeting place."
You also find a note. It reads:
Spoiler: Note from Sir Halliday (click to show/hide)
The agent waits for you to come so that you can leave the building through one of the outer exits.

- And what is my particular task in this game of yours? My profession is quite pecisely described by a word "gunsmith". So I wonder how can I be useful in this affair?

"You had a coin with you. The Gentleman's coin. That means he chose you. If you do not have skills he finds useful, then why would he choose you over the other thousand men in this city?"

You hear a faint rumble, although it seems to be getting louder.

Ask the pilot for any other information about The Gentleman, ignore Piston

[1] "The Gentleman is quite a formidable opponent at chess. He even beat Sir Halliday in a best of three match a year ago."

Chill out, but keep an eye on the skynoser (Noodlerex).

He seems to be doing his best to ignore your existence. He seems quite sloppily dressed.

Lars' mask rolls off the bench and onto the floor.

"I see you are quite rich, given your ship there. If I am to go on this trip, I will need *Insert large amount of money here* in order to rebuild this area and help these kids. Especially since I'm going to be gone."

Ask Shamelessly for a lot of money

"It seems my predictions were wholly correct."
The Gentleman snaps his fingers, and a suitcase bolted to the helicopter's cable slides down to tower level.
"I will leave five hundred thousand pesos with whomever you leave in charge during your absence."

A helicopter is spotted in the distance, heading toward the tower.
"More guests. Lukim, would you come to have dinner at my residence with the rest of us?"

In addition, there is a faint rumbling coming from the clouds below.

((you assume correctly))
"Yes of course this is tal..... How do you know who I am?
Tallis flips on the combat light, signaling to her crew to report to battle stations.

"You were sent by the Gentleman to assist us. As you can see, four submarines under Sir Halliday's command are giving chase. They do not wish to cause harm to the city, so you should take cover around the buildings if you can. You have the element of surprise, however. Use it wisely.
As for the collision course, it is a defensive maneuver. We will speak in detail once the enemy vessels are dispatched. Good luck!"

Your submarine is armed with two "Hellsting" torpedoes (punches a deep hole through the enemy ship) and eight "Longbow" underwater missiles, which cause a repeating shockwave in the water and throw vessels/projectiles off course.

"Where are we going now? Why did the gentleman choose me?"

"I can't say. We are currently going to the Gentleman's secret base, if you will. You will meet the skylanders when we get there. They are a strange bunch, for sure."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:55:03 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2014, 10:20:31 pm »

"Welcome to the slums. Where would you like to eat?"
Give money to second in command, Give me a name, Also, eat with the gentlemen.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21