Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27346 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:28 pm »

Corran snorts in amusement.

" I was 31st recon, I am a weapon. Try not to slow me down."

(( Pmed you a question, thought I should say incase you don't check the message bar again :P. ))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:50:33 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:57 pm »

Duck and cover, then recover the razor things.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

Mmmkay! Just wondering. :)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2014, 08:51:47 pm »

((I revised combat to use a d11 instead of a d12 for the damage multiplier. That way, each integer over or under 6 corresponds to a nice multiple of 10% or 5% rather than odd fractions like 33%.))

Hmm, that's strange. I better check on the bridge.

Rush over to the control room and try to take control of the ship. Look for malfunctions.

[6] The helm does affect the ship, but not in a favorable way. You hear the axle spin freely, signalling that the wheel has been disconnected from the steering system.

Corran snorts in amusement.

" I was 31st recon, I am a weapon. "

The stranger nods, and then takes up a position around the corner. You look around for some cover yourself, and hide behind the other corner, watching the stairwell through the handrails.

Surely enough, the footsteps slow and you see light coming from the doorway below. Three gentleman-dressed individuals with pistols begin to walk up the stairs.

Duck and cover, then recover the razor things.

((Going to "roll out loud" to make it clear how this sort of thing is calculated.))

[The razors attempt to hurt you, rolling an 8 for 140% damage. Your agility is 14, and base dexterity is always 10, so you subtract 4 from the roll and reduce the multiplier to 60% damage]
[You take 10*60% damage, or 6 damage]

The razor blades bounce across the floor, some of them standing on end and cutting into your shoe as you scramble to get away! After they settle, you go about picking them up and examining the top hat itself.
It contains a ring of metal on a freely-rotating axle, attached to a series of cables and hooks which may or may not trigger the razors to extent. There is some circuitry buried deeper within the hat, but you'd have to take it apart to get to it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:53:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:21 pm »

((They contain clothes. The bags do.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »

((You're free to pack them. I assume your character thinks that the Deep Sea Tours are just a meeting point?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »

((Just to be clear my turn will be posted once everyone is on their respective ways correct?))
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:15 pm »

Stick the razors into my 'box of junk', the remains of the hat into 'the box of dangerous junk' and pack them both up in my duffel along with the tools, weapons and other necessary items.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2014, 08:58:57 pm »

((You're free to pack them. I assume your character thinks that the Deep Sea Tours are just a meeting point?))
((Yeah.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2014, 09:00:17 pm »

Waiting patiently and listening to the footsteps as they draw close Corran spins round the corner flicking his wrist aiming to plant a knife in the leading enemies throat while using the split second of surprise to slam bodily into the second man in an attempt to drop them both to the ground and give his companion a clear shot at the third. As he falls one hand goes to the wrist of the hand holding the gun and twists sharply aiming to break it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:49 pm »

I can still begin at this point, right? I'l post my action in a spoiler below in case I can.
Action
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 09:47:12 pm »

Aneita observed the man for a few seconds before hesitating. "What's this for, and what's for me?"

"Our leader has a plan that will benefit the world, and allow both Skylanders and Ocean Dwellers to live in harmony. For this task, you have been chosen to help us, should you accept. I have not been told what the Gentleman's first mission for you and the others was, but if you succeed, you will most assuredly help make the world a better place through your actions."
"Alright. Fine. No tricks, though."

Follow him.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 10:57:50 pm »

WOW IGNOREME!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 03:28:55 am »

Follow the white rabbit men in top hats
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2014, 03:39:43 am »

Damned fool is gonna get himself knocked off by a high wind, not that it's any of my concern.
Continue climbing the tower.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21