Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Mainspring: Of Airships and Death: Airship Construction and Crew Sign-up Thread.  (Read 30356 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

I'm giving EP a shortsword and sub-machine gun, and flabort a shotgun and katana.
Cool. Though would a Cutlass be Dex or Agi based?
Also, could I get the holster for the shotgun on my back, and the... scabbard? Sword-holder, whatever, go on my waist. Because Captain Eagle needs his hands free when piloting, and his weapons close at hand.
It's assumed you have holsters/scabbards/straps/sheaths in order to have your hands free when you aren't boarding/being boarded.
Actually, it's assumed you don't have your weapons out unless you say so.

And a cutlass would be dexterity.
Sweeeet.  8)

Edit: Just designed the outer wall of another ship. Each grid-section of the walls is 417 units heavy and 2170 units costly. A single level of the ship, before any sort of components or interior walls or FLOORS, weighs 8516 units.  :P
And how much does the whole ship cost, if you don't mind me asking?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'm giving EP a shortsword and sub-machine gun, and flabort a shotgun and katana.
Cool. Though would a Cutlass be Dex or Agi based?
Also, could I get the holster for the shotgun on my back, and the... scabbard? Sword-holder, whatever, go on my waist. Because Captain Eagle needs his hands free when piloting, and his weapons close at hand.
It's assumed you have holsters/scabbards/straps/sheaths in order to have your hands free when you aren't boarding/being boarded.
Actually, it's assumed you don't have your weapons out unless you say so.

And a cutlass would be dexterity.
Sweeeet.  8)

Edit: Just designed the outer wall of another ship. Each grid-section of the walls is 417 units heavy and 2170 units costly. A single level of the ship, before any sort of components or interior walls or FLOORS, weighs 8516 units.  :P
I don't think he's gotten that far.

How many levels is the ship going to be?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This all right?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:31:40 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Toastarrr (click to show/hide)

Because hell yeah, that's why.

Also, I must say that this book has some rather extensive wounding tables.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

I fixed my sheet now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I don't think he's gotten that far.

How many levels is the ship going to be?
Yes, and I think 3 or 4. I'll be cutting holes into the hulls of some to fit weapons, and, er, I have a couple questions.
Do the Internal Cockpit eyes act as periscopes, hence requiring them to be on the top level, or do I need LOS past the hull to see with it (in which case the CURRENT restriction is a little silly)?
Also, if there is a higher level, but it doesn't fully overlap with the lower level, can you put a "top level only" module on the lower level where the higher level isn't? Such as in your example on the construction manual page 8, if the right hand section is the lower section, then could I put an eye on E5?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Yes, and I think 3 or 4. I'll be cutting holes into the hulls of some to fit weapons, and, er, I have a couple questions.
[1] Do the Internal Cockpit eyes act as periscopes, hence requiring them to be on the top level, or do I need LOS past the hull to see with it (in which case the CURRENT restriction is a little silly)?
[2] Also, if there is a higher level, but it doesn't fully overlap with the lower level, can you put a "top level only" module on the lower level where the higher level isn't? Such as in your example on the construction manual page 8, if the right hand section is the lower section, then could I put an eye on E5?
[1] Just think of the eyes like cameras, I won't put any restrictions on them. You can even place them facing inside the ship to act as security cameras if you want to watch your underlings busy at work while you pilot. Just make sure a green wire goes to them.
[2] Yeah, you could do that. Just keep in mind that if you try that with stuff like underslung guns, you can't fire through your own ship, so it might be a little restricted.

Also, the way I'll be running the game, Line of Sight will be very important. I won't go into too much detail, but you'll have to actually use some judgment yourself, as you won't be able to just look at a top down map for everything.

I'll look over people's character sheets in a bit.
Oh, and Urist, I don't think you're allowed to subtract points from stats.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Darkpaladin has been added to the OP. He's done.

I need Urist to fix his sheet, as you can't subtract points, and for Toastarrrrr to give me some weapon choices.
If everyone starts choosing the same weapons, I'll have to start getting creative. At least I've got steampunk and clockwork to use.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question. Do the ram's mountings count as another hardened metal wall? And if they do, what happens if a single level of the ram is somehow destroyed?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Toastarrrrr to give me some weapon choices.

Ooops!  How about two choices:

1.  The classic Tommy Gun.
2.  A clockwork crossbow that fires barbed bolts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm finally done. Tell me if something's wrong, but here it is, for better or worse. I'll add the ammo and supplies later, after I'm sure I don't need to redo it.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Please note that in the blueprints, levels three and four are on the same image - there's nothing on level four except a harpoon.
Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:21:02 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh crap. I forgot the control connections to the engines on levels one and three. Adding them in a sec...
Here, fixed it. Noticed it right after I clicked "Post", as always. *sigh*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:10:52 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Suggestion: The people who make the ships have to give them names.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion: The people who make the ships have to give them names.
Counter-suggestion: the people who read the stats have to read the first point in said stats (if that was directed at me, of course).
Also, added proper transparency to the cannons on the third level: that doesn't count as editing modules, I hope?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

A preview of my second design in progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:29:33 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14