Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78912 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : CHANGES
« Reply #705 on: July 27, 2014, 05:10:42 am »

"Ah! Fantastic. Let us move as soon as possible!"

Move out with the guardsmen (and the other two schmucks on this quest) toward the capital of the Fruit Federation!
Follow the CrazyClownTM on this 'glorious' (Read: Crazy) quest!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : CHANGES
« Reply #706 on: July 27, 2014, 11:35:36 am »

Move out with the guardsmen (and the other two schmucks on this quest) toward the capital of the Fruit Federation!
"Onwards!"
Go unto the enemy so they might cower in the face of the power of The Source!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Dark prisons and nighttime infiltration
« Reply #707 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:28 pm »

In a dark prison cell
Hmm... let's see what else you do, since you don't seem to have noticed me.

Hide in a dark part of the cell, and continue watching.
[4] Although you're rather too big to really be stealthy, you've become so used to the dark that you are able to use it to your advantage. And the large cell you find yourself in certainly has enough darkness to conceal half a regiment. You slink back into a dark corner at the back of the cell and keep as still as possible, watching the newcomers.

The golem lies simply keeps lying on the floor, deactivated. You're not entirely sure what the inner workings of golems are, but the metal plaque with strange dwarven runes on it on the ground next to the golem probably has something to do with it. The human man lies a few feet away from the golem. He is wearing rather fine clothes, but you can clearly see some chainmail poking out from underneath.

The dwarf is wearing a miner's uniform, the special sign as his helmet probably indicates some sort of serniority, though you aren't sure what it means exactly. The dwarf shouts some more dwarvish down the hallway, then goes to the human's side and presses some cloth against the human's head wound.

"Fethin' hells, what has gotten into them? Dark take them all, this whole mountain's gone mad."

In a small farming village
"Then come along, I plan to take my leave soon." Natasha stands up after finishing her meal, wiping her mouth with her sleeve.  "And don't think what happened last night will be a given thing. I'll assume the role of your boss, and as boss, I decide when and where actions are to commence. That's not to say it wouldn't happen again, but still. Are we clear?"

Equip inventories and loot, prepare to set off to new horizons.
Paddy's eyes practically twinkle like the morning sun as you tell him that he can join you.

"Yes, ma'am. You won't regret this! I'll get changed right away."

He practically bolts upstairs, and you can hear him rummaging around.

You stash your four bottles of rather fine cider in your loot bag and put on the chainmail shirt underneath your regular clothes. You strap your swords to your belt, your trusty cutlass on one side and the peculiar scimitar on the other. The compass and ancient dwarven coin securely in your pockets, you feel ready to go on a new adventure. Paddy comes down the stairs after a while, dressed up for travel. He wears a rather utalitarian travelling outfit, mostly fabrics with sturdy boots and a warm cloak. A pendant made from a dull grey metal hangs around his neck. As he comes down the stiars, you can see him put his father's sword into the scabbard. The sword is slightly shorter than a longsword, and seemingly made from the same dull grey metal as the pendand. He heaves the sack with supplies onto his back and looks at you expectandly.

In an elven city, at the slave market
Moskar absently trailed the tip of a claw along his jawline, aiming for an air of detached consideration as his reptillian eyes run across the pair. And the pair's pairs- that's the sort of thing these hot-blooded races value most in their mates, is it not? Had to act the part.
He exhaled thoughtfully through his nostrils as he looked from one slave to the other.

>Think for a moment, under the guise of inspecting the two slaves and considering my purchase.

'Voice-in-head, is it possible for you to speak and listen in the minds of others, or are you confined to mine? If it is, the half-orc could certainly be useful, probably more useful than the other despite her lack of tongue. If not she'd be a waste of money. ...Also, what are you called? As long as I am phrasing my thoughts in words "Voice-in-head" is quite unwieldy.'
You mimic looking the over the slaves from top to bottom, your eyes scanning them with a cold, businesslike stare. The strange hat doesn't seem to find this strange, the man seems relaxed and not suspicious of you.

"No can do, chief. I'm afraid we're stuck to each other, I don't think I can leave your head at all. If you're keen on the half-orc girl, we could always have her tongue restored somehow. Or maybe find another way to communicate with her.

And I...can't rightly remember what I'm called. If I was ever called something in the first place. You can assign me an easier name if you'd like, I don't mind either way."

In the vegetable kingdom

Follow the CrazyClownTM on this 'glorious' (Read: Crazy) quest!
"Onwards!"
Go unto the enemy so they might cower in the face of the power of The Source!
And so, in the late afternoon on a rather pleasant day a rather strange group departs from the capital of the vegetable kingdom. Lead by a dwarf without a beard and in full clown costume followed by a toga wearing man and a samurai kitsune with about 20 watchmen in tow, the group heads out of the city and follows the road to the Fruit Federation. As night has fallen, they near the city.

The lot of you are crouched down outside of the city gates. The commander of the Night's Watch adresses you, whispering.

"Allright, so I came here once as a lad. The city is pretty big, but our target is right in front of us. The Palace is at the end of the main road that cuts through the entire city. There will probably be guardsmen patrolling along the road, but I very much doubt they're expecting anyone but lawful citizens to walk the roads at night. On the right side of the main roadway is the housing district and on the left side you go towards the industrial part and the military quarters.

So, how do you want to do this?"

In the orc village
"Thank you. May your travels bring you fortune, friend.

Go and see the shamaness.
The orc guard nods as you walk past him, then immediatly goes back berating the dwarf. You walk through the village, passing homes and artisan's shops on your way to the shamaness' hut. You push the hide that acts as a door cover out of the way and step inside. The shamaness, an old orc woman, sits at a small table with bones strewn about it.

"Ah, if it isn't the noisy dwarf's companion. Welcome to our village, might I ask what your business is with me?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »

"First off, we ought to get in through the gates, or maybe seek an alternate way. There probably isn't an alternate way. So I'll experimentally go ahead and check if they let people in at this hour without asking questions! One of you follow me - not Seanna and not the angel guy, mind you! If we get through, you others move in as well after ten minutes, in groups of three, four or five in five to ten minute intervals. Then, once we're in the city, each group splits up immediately, some go to the palace along the right side, some go along the left, some go straight, some vary. You know, so that there's no massive groups going in at any one time. We reunite outside the palace in a discreet location, except it probably won't be that hard to spot because I'll probably be there. If I'm not there I'm probably dead and captured, so go on ahead without me with the infiltration. Same goes for everybody else who's not there two hours later. So, sound good? I believe that sounds good!"

If no questions or protests, move ahead with the plan as outlined!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 28, 2014, 04:41:06 pm »

Step out of the shadows, and ask what's going on out there. Make myself as intimidating as possible.

What's going on out there, the guards seem more pissed than usual. Also, why are you helping the damn human, they're parasites which should be exterminated.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:33:43 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:00 pm »

'Alright. I suppose she may be literate, anyway... in fact I am confused as to how that did not occur to me earlier. Might as well make an offer for both of them; they are discounted goods after all, and these elves doubtless crave magic. As for a name, I would have no idea. What would you to be called? It is hardly for me to decide.'

Having thoroughly inspected the two females before him, Moskar Byal emits what he hopes sounds like a lecherous chuckle, then nods approval to the salesman. He then reaches for one of his shiny stones before following the same routine of speaking Elvish translated by the voice in his head.

>Pinch one of the slaves on the cheek and do my best impersonation of a warm-blooded noise of arousal, something I've doubtless seen from lust-filled human mercenaries in the past. Not sure if it's really necessary at this point, but Moskar is doing his best to keep to his role.

Then, begin talking to the seller in Elvish again. This time, say, with a crude smile,
"They shall do quite nicely, quite nicely indeed. I'll take both of them. A problem arises, though- I lack any of your currency at present. Fortunately for you, however, I have something better than lunares, far better." Produce the runestone, holding it furtively between myself and the elf, and continue in a lower voice.
"A runestone, with powerful frost magic contained within. I'll trade it for the both of them; I will most likely be getting the worse end of the deal, but then I suppose it's your lucky day. What say you? I'd prefer to settle this quickly, if you don't mind. Take it or leave it."

If the merchant accepts, give him the stone and take the two slaves, using the same procedure as I observed before, and leave before he can change his mind or anything. Make for some sort of inn or lodging house on the outskirts of town, check if I'm being followed.

If he attempts to haggle for a better price, simply shrug and turn to walk away, saying I'll take my business elsewhere. Walk slowly away until he changes his mind and accepts my price. This is how you haggle, works every time don'chaknow.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »

"First off, we ought to get in through the gates, or maybe seek an alternate way. There probably isn't an alternate way. So I'll experimentally go ahead and check if they let people in at this hour without asking questions! One of you follow me - not Seanna and not the angel guy, mind you! If we get through, you others move in as well after ten minutes, in groups of three, four or five in five to ten minute intervals. Then, once we're in the city, each group splits up immediately, some go to the palace along the right side, some go along the left, some go straight, some vary. You know, so that there's no massive groups going in at any one time. We reunite outside the palace in a discreet location, except it probably won't be that hard to spot because I'll probably be there. If I'm not there I'm probably dead and captured, so go on ahead without me with the infiltration. Same goes for everybody else who's not there two hours later. So, sound good? I believe that sounds good!"

"That plan seems crazy. Just crazy enough to work I love it let's go!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 28, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »

Follow in resigned silence.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:32 am »

"The Imperial Legion has sent me as an envoy to your village, to ask if your village would support them.

I also have come here to hone my skills as a blacksmith, bard and warrior."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 29, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

Take Paddy and hit the road, like for ADVENTURE.

((Sorry, had to head out for the majority of the day for fun(?) times.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 30, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »

In the Fruit Federation, outside of the gates

Follow in resigned silence.
The group splits up, Nosegay with the Night's Watch commander, Seanna and Angus both with a watchmen each. The rest of the watchmen form their own little groups. Nosegay enters the city first. Their progress is unimpeded and once they pass the tense moment of walking past the gate guard they are able to walk the rest of the way unhindered. He comes to the front of the palace, and finds a suitable meetup point underneath the roof of a closed noodle shop. He waits in the relative safety of this out of the way spot for the others.

Angus and Seanna arrive later on, as do three groups of guardsmen.

"Damn, looks like we're down eight men. Well, nothing we can do for them now. Let's get this over with, eh?" whispers the Commander.

Our three adventurers all take a good look at the palace. It's a rather tall pagoda with 6 stories, it's walls a deep crimson and the edges of the roofs carved with intricate patterns . The two great gates leading into the ground floor are closed.

Step out of the shadows, and ask what's going on out there. Make myself as intimidating as possible.

What's going on out there, the guards seem more pissed than usual. Also, why are you helping the damn human, they're parasites which should be exterminated.
You step out of the shadows, just enough so that they can clearly see you. A 2.4 meter long body consisting mostly out of muscle and menace emerges from the dark before the others in the cell. You're voice sounds very loud in the stillness of the cell block.

The dwarf just freezes as you speak, and stares at you. His lips move, but no sound comes out at first, just a low wheeze of silent horror. Once you're done, he tries to back away, only to fall onto his back. He slowly starts scrambling backwards.

[glow=purple]"Oh, stone keep me. The dark has come to get us all. help, help."[/glow] you can only barely hear him say, the words coming out as a strangled whisper.

In the orc village
"The Imperial Legion has sent me as an envoy to your village, to ask if your village would support them.

I also have come here to hone my skills as a blacksmith, bard and warrior."
The old shamaness leans back and looks you over.

"Yes, I have seen the signs of the coming conflict. It stands to reason the empire would try to gain our support. They may be brutish in their ways, but they have never failed to try and seize every advantage they can get."

She sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose

"Our young would relish the oppertunity to aid the empire, of course. Work is scarce since the dwarves stopped buying wood. But even if we were able, we lack the weapons to arm ourselves. Going to battle as we are now would be suicide.

But even then, we cannot comply. The other side of the conflict has come here first. They have made us an offer we could not refuse. They..."

The woman looks as if she wants to say more, but no words come out of her mouth.

"They did something, and now we are bound to sit idly."

In a small farming village
Take Paddy and hit the road, like for ADVENTURE.

((Sorry, had to head out for the majority of the day for fun(?) times.))
((Oh, don't worry about it, I was going to give you at least 36 more hours or so. I just wanted to make a post to bump it to the front page, in case anyone missed the update.))

You and paddy head out of town, following the road to adventure! Or at least you hope this is the road to adventure, and not the road to dissapointingly boring travel destinations. after wandering for about half a day, you come across a merchant by the road. The man is bald with a large grey beard, wearing robes.

"Greatings travellers!" he calls out "would you care to take a look at my wares? Only the highest grades magic for my fine customers! I've got more trinkets in my packs, so feel free to ask if you want anything specific. Or ask for an explenation, I know many of the stories behind these items."

On the mat in front of the man are a shriveled, hairy hand with two of the five fingers curled up. A small vial of faintly glowing whiteish liquid. a bag of small, dark grey spheres. A leather quiver with three different arrows in it.  A small ivory statuette, yellowed with age, lying face down onto the mat. a single, tarnished silver coin. And finally, a small book bound in green cloth. Many more items possibly lurk in the crates that sit by the merchant's cart.

In an elven city
'Alright. I suppose she may be literate, anyway... in fact I am confused as to how that did not occur to me earlier. Might as well make an offer for both of them; they are discounted goods after all, and these elves doubtless crave magic. As for a name, I would have no idea. What would you to be called? It is hardly for me to decide.'

Having thoroughly inspected the two females before him, Moskar Byal emits what he hopes sounds like a lecherous chuckle, then nods approval to the salesman. He then reaches for one of his shiny stones before following the same routine of speaking Elvish translated by the voice in his head.

>Pinch one of the slaves on the cheek and do my best impersonation of a warm-blooded noise of arousal, something I've doubtless seen from lust-filled human mercenaries in the past. Not sure if it's really necessary at this point, but Moskar is doing his best to keep to his role.

Then, begin talking to the seller in Elvish again. This time, say, with a crude smile,
"They shall do quite nicely, quite nicely indeed. I'll take both of them. A problem arises, though- I lack any of your currency at present. Fortunately for you, however, I have something better than lunares, far better." Produce the runestone, holding it furtively between myself and the elf, and continue in a lower voice.
"A runestone, with powerful frost magic contained within. I'll trade it for the both of them; I will most likely be getting the worse end of the deal, but then I suppose it's your lucky day. What say you? I'd prefer to settle this quickly, if you don't mind. Take it or leave it."

If the merchant accepts, give him the stone and take the two slaves, using the same procedure as I observed before, and leave before he can change his mind or anything. Make for some sort of inn or lodging house on the outskirts of town, check if I'm being followed.

If he attempts to haggle for a better price, simply shrug and turn to walk away, saying I'll take my business elsewhere. Walk slowly away until he changes his mind and accepts my price. This is how you haggle, works every time don'chaknow.

You pinch the human girl on the cheek, making a deep 'mmmhm' noise. She flinches at your touch, but otherwise stays still. You get out the runestone, and after giving the girl one last look that you hope is lecherous enough, turn to the strange hat. The man inspects the runestone, and shakes his head. He says that, although the runestone is certainly worth a lot, he cannot give you such high grade goods for it.

You shrug and start walking away, barely making it five steps before the man stops you. He says that he can give you a new offer. He will allow you to take a single one of the girls for one runestone. He adds that this is probably the best he can do, because even though the runestone is valuable, it stays a single use item and thus the market for them is not that big.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : scared dwarves and haggling lizards
« Reply #717 on: July 30, 2014, 03:54:27 pm »

((Would I be correct in assuming the palace is made of wood? If it's unclear then I'll ask the captain.))"I have a question. How adverse are we to casualties in the name of the mission? Like, would destroying the entire palace be considered a bad thing?"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:56:05 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 30, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »

"What did they do?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »

"Let us play the Game of Death! And by that I mean let's climb that pagoda! Probably not the traditional way, either!"

((Would I be correct in assuming the palace is made of wood? If it's unclear then I'll ask the captain.))"I have a question. How adverse are we to casualties in the name of the mission? Like, would destroying the entire palace be considered a bad thing?"

"It's a beautiful pagoda! Let's not damage it unduly before we've seen the inside of it!"

Ascend along the outer side of the pagoda in a visually silly, yet utterly quiet manner! Make good use of movements of my bum, it's all in the hips. And also make sure to spin adequately, and mime various expressions of pain mixed with triumph as I move upward to the very top.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54