Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78974 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : bars, pubs and inns.
« Reply #660 on: July 15, 2014, 09:24:14 am »

Seanna drops her face into her hands.
The clown is essentially correct. Hopefully once that's done the ah, god in question will send us back home. I miss sanity.
"By the by, do you want to learn some mad lightning Magicks? ((Can I do that?))
((technically, no, because you're only a beginner yourself. But if you really want to, we'll flip a coin: heads teaches her magic and tails blasts you both with bolts of lightning.))
((I thought you took out ranks. How do we know my skills didn't develop over those many decades of constant use?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 15, 2014, 09:33:57 am »

((I thought you took out ranks. How do we know my skills didn't develop over those many decades of constant use?))
((I did take out the ranks. But surely you can see how things will go even more unbalanced if I just let anyone pass on their magics? And the decades of use were negated by getting thrown out of the heavens. Twice.

Then again, I have been bleeding players at an alarming rate, and keeping things balanced isn't all that much fun anyway. We've pretty much lost most of our magic users anyway. How about a compromise, you can't teach Seanna full lightning magic, but getting at least a decent roll will give her some added benefits to the bonuses she already has?))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:36:57 am by Pancaek »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:43 am »

Um, sure I guess.
Leeeaaarrrn!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 15, 2014, 09:57:44 am »

((I did take out the ranks. But surely you can see how things will go even more unbalanced if I just let anyone pass on their magics? And the decades of use were negated by getting thrown out of the heavens. Twice.

Then again, I have been bleeding players at an alarming rate, and keeping things balanced isn't all that much fun anyway. We've pretty much lost most of our magic users anyway. How about a compromise, you can't teach Seanna full lightning magic, but getting at least a decent roll will give her some added benefits to the bonuses she already has?))
((Which bonuses exactly? The one to magic she doesn't know?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:13 am »

((Which bonuses exactly? The one to magic she doesn't know?))
((I haven't quite thought it out compeltely yet. It shall be useful, have to do with lightning in some way and go with her whole kitsune-samurai schtick. Other than that I'll work out the details by the next update.isn't not knowing fun?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 15, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »

In the young falcon inn
"Sure thing."
"Well, that's settled then. We'll journey together to this orc village, you'll do your business there and I'll take you as close as I can to the mountain. Do you want to leave now or shall we rest until morning?"

In a small, nondescript village
"That's all for now, though I can't help feel like the mages have some sort of larger plan beyond all this. Ah, no matter..."

Natasha straightened up. "I could always use some improved gear and weaponry if that's possible. And some booze. And a place to stay the night with one of your young, muscular farm-hands...." Her face was visibly flushed.

((Well, didn't see that one coming. Again. You throw me lots of curveballs, TCM, keeps me on my toes.))
The old man answers as you state each of your wanted rewards.

"I could always use some improved gear and weaponry if that's possible."

"Hmm, I believe we still have some gear around here from my cousin's younger days as an adventurer. A chainmail shirt and a rather odd scimitar, if I remember correctly. You are free to take them."

"And some booze"

"Ah, surely. Our apple harvest was very good this year, so we have plenty of cider. You may help yourself to our stocks freely."

"And a place to stay the night with one of your young, muscular farm-hands...."

"Sure, we have a place for you to sle-" the man stops, making a short chocking noise. He does a double take and continues to speak slowly and deliberately. "Well, that certainly is a request that I didn't see coming. I'm rather hesitant to do this, but I can hardly deny the request of the ones who saved our village from ruin, now can I? Hmm, I suppose you could....spend the night with Paddy. He's not the brightest lad, but he certainly fits the description. Paddy! Step forward, would you boy?"

"Yes, sir" Comes a voice from the gathered villagers. The voice is deep, but not gravely or rough. The villagers part to let through a tall young man, mid twenties at most, who steps to the fore. He's wearing nothing but some simple pants and a sleeveless shirt. You can see the muscles on his arms glisten with the sweat from working in the fields. His skin is tanned and his blue eyes look around somewhat frightened. Frightened though he may seem, from the way he is build you would hazard a guess that he could easily lift your weight thrice over.

In the vegetable kindom
Um, sure I guess.
Leeeaaarrrn!
Seanna and Angus each put their right hand on the other's shoulder and close their eyes. Vague, blue light stream from Angus to Seanna. After a while, they both open their eyes. Angus is panting, feeling exhausted. Seanna has a splitting headache, but feels rather energitic. As she put her hand on the hilt of her shortsword, small electrical arcs race along the scabbard.

Seanna has gained the ability to send lightning through her right hand. Only works on touch, zero range.

"Indeed, we are travelers from another world, seeking to find Lord Tomato and teach him the error of his warlike ways by whatever means should prove needed! A hero's quest is in order, and we're wondering if there's any prospective heroes among your number!"
The guardsman murmur a bit and there is a lot of uneasy shuffling about in the pub. Their leader speaks.

"Look, I don't know about any gods or what have you. And I can certainly appreciate the sentiment, I don't think there is a single person in here that doesn't want Lord Tomato dead. But this ain't no age of heroes, short one. Even if we were to follow you, there are only about 20 of us here, 30 of we gather the guardsmen on duty. This city's garrison numbers almost 600, while Lord Tomato's forces number close to double of that. It seems to me that you're asking us to go on a suicide mission. Unless, of course, you've got some kind of plan?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Lightning punches and muscular farmhands
« Reply #666 on: July 15, 2014, 07:02:14 pm »

"Of course we have a plan! We cheat! War is for suckers. Lighting assassination is where it's at! Unfortunately due to aforementioned interplanier travel we do not have the resources to do so."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss...
Start zapping Nosegay for no real reason.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:53 pm »

"This will do fine, fine indeed~"[/i]

Collect all rewards.

((She's a pirate after all. :p))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 15, 2014, 10:39:39 pm »

"Rest here. A good bed will be nice."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 16, 2014, 01:55:57 am »

Moskar looks down at the snivelling human before him with an expression of contempt.
He snorts, then makes an irritable gesture. "Calm yourself, punisshing you will not heal my arm nor benefit me in any way."

He glances thoughtfully from the slave to the elf commanding him, then looks back again and goes on, a lie coming easily to him,
"What would be usseful is you directing me to the nearby human ssettlement- or camp?- I have heard of. I lack currency for treatment at present, but I do have a payment scrip I can redeem with them for ssome gold. Then perhapsss I will be back."

>Ask this pathetic creature the whereabouts of the nearby humans I had heard were out here.
Lie and explain that I have a payment owed by them for some task or other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 16, 2014, 02:06:51 am »

"Hardly a suicide mission, my dears! You may have doubts about the basics of the plan, good sirs, but that is largely because both of my companions are, despite their attempts to maintain the opposite, idiots! Or, rather, lacking in imagination and ability to adapt! It's always 'we can't do this!' or 'you're insane!' with them. Tiresome is what it is, no? Imagine if everyone were to second guess your every move!"

"See, the thing is, we are only going to manage to slay the vile tomato through some good old fashioned subterfuge. And I hate to say it, but hideous mutants such as ourselves, while capable of subterfuge on a theoretical level, have far less versatility at it than a native of this land would. And the wealth of information and options that taking even one of you along would provide would be invaluable! There would be little to no combat involved if things go well, and you can safely leave your uniforms and armor at home if you want to follow! Take the weapons, though, since this is theoretically an assassination mission, yes?"

Are all of these fellows of the cabbage-like persuasion, or is there variety among them?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:14:28 am by Harry Baldman »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 16, 2014, 09:51:24 am »

"Hardly a suicide mission, my dears! You may have doubts about the basics of the plan, good sirs, but that is largely because both of my companions are, despite their attempts to maintain the opposite, idiots! Or, rather, lacking in imagination and ability to adapt! It's always 'we can't do this!' or 'you're insane!' with them. Tiresome is what it is, no? Imagine if everyone were to second guess your every move!"

"See, the thing is, we are only going to manage to slay the vile tomato through some good old fashioned subterfuge. And I hate to say it, but hideous mutants such as ourselves, while capable of subterfuge on a theoretical level, have far less versatility at it than a native of this land would. And the wealth of information and options that taking even one of you along would provide would be invaluable! There would be little to no combat involved if things go well, and you can safely leave your uniforms and armor at home if you want to follow! Take the weapons, though, since this is theoretically an assassination mission, yes?"

Are all of these fellows of the cabbage-like persuasion, or is there variety among them?
"Are you agreeing with me and insulting me at the same time? When have I ever said you were insane?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:09 am »

"Are you agreeing with me and insulting me at the same time? When have I ever said you were insane?"

"You haven't! But your sheer presence in the area next to me is an implicit accusation of insanity. Or at least so the voices tell me!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 16, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

"You haven't! But your sheer presence in the area next to me is an implicit accusation of insanity. Or at least so the voices tell me!"
"I admitted to the fact that you are the de-facto leader and will likely follow you as long as I get to do crazy shit."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54