Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79102 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : I don't think we're in kansas anymore
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »

Look for a restaurant of some sort.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »

Moskar pocketed his loot, straightened up with a half-hidden wince then shuffled off, finding a spot to sit and rest his battered scales.

>Sit down to one side of the road, rest my back against a tree, and look myself over.
Flex this new arm of mine- does it work the same as my old one? Where did my cleaver end up in all of that? Keep an eye on the road.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 02, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

((Whelp, sorry about the late update. I've been rather busy with exams.))

At the battle of the bands
"Get out of here, Lance, and never let me see you again."

Let Lance leave the cage in shame. Go found out what I won.

Lance, face and hands burned pretty badly, takes off his rather garish hat and lets it fall to floor. He slinks away, never looking up, and exits stage right. The announcer enter the cage and stands next to you, adressing the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what wonderful 87th battle of the bards this has been. But all good things come to an end, and what an end it was! I am overjoyed to proclaim that the winner of this years battle of the bards is...LORD. OF. METAL!"

The crowd claps and cheersas you stagename is called, and it is a solid minute before the announcer can get them to quiet down enough to speak on.

"And as such, he gets his well earned prize of 6000 imperial coins! And an official letter of introduction from our local acting captain-" the announcer points to a man in empirial armour, who gives a small salute "- that will allow him to gain entry into the citadel! To find employment, safe haven or anything his heart desires! Applause!"

The crowd applauds as you are led offstage.

Gained 6000 coins and a written letter of recommendation

In a small town of the vegetable kingdom.
((I meant loot the town.))
LOOT LOOT LOTT L00T L007 /007
"I am beginning to realize why that angel fellow isn't very good at his work," Nosegay observes as he watches Angus engage in the basest, most pointless of greedy indulgences.

Investigate the general store. Maybe I can find some clues there?
Head to a high location to look around further.

The trio split up a bit, heading to different parts in the town. Angus, sensing loot around, starts searching for things of value. [5] After some fruitless seatching around, he finds a few trinkets inside of a pile of cabbage. He finds a snazzy cloak, depicting a cabbage on the back. He also finds a nice heather shield, also depicting a cabbage.
Seanna climbs a ladder on top of a rather large building and looks into the distance. The surrounding land seems to be mostly farmland, though she can see a larger town in the distance, a church roof sticking out high above the other buildings.
Nosegay, meanwhile, has entered the general store. Looking around for clues, he instead finds someone slumped against the counter. He is clad in armour bearing depictions of cabbages. A rather nast cut runs across his stomach, and he is leaking juice on the floor. He doesn't seem to notice you, but his chest is going up and down. A crude shortsword, the kind that littered the field you were in a while ago, lays next to him.

In a certain forest
Carefully descend into pit.
You carefully descent into the pit, small puffs of ash going up into the air with every step you take. The staircases down creak in a rather disconcerning way, but they hold together well enough. Once at the end of the staircase, you see a long hallway that seems to have been mostly spared from the fire. The hallway ends a small room with three doors, labelled living quarters, lab and greenhouse.

Look for a restaurant of some sort.
You head out into the city in search of some kind of restaurant. As you walk the streets, you can see posters being hung up onto notice boards and flyers being handed out. They say such things as "Border incidents on the rise, empire and elven kingdom relations stressed"
"Elves: fair or frightening?"
 "shirts, 3 pairs for 100 coins, only at clothier curtis' emporium."

After a while you do find a nice little restaurant in a small side street. You check your pockets, but notice you have only 5 coins left.

On a bloody road heading west
Moskar pocketed his loot, straightened up with a half-hidden wince then shuffled off, finding a spot to sit and rest his battered scales.

>Sit down to one side of the road, rest my back against a tree, and look myself over.
Flex this new arm of mine- does it work the same as my old one? Where did my cleaver end up in all of that? Keep an eye on the road.
Moskar grabs his loot, kicking the mage's corpse once more for good measure. He grabs his cleaver off of the floor and finds a nice, sturdy tree to plop down against. He flexes the metal arm, turning it over and wiggling the fingers. Well, controlling it seems the same as it was with his actual arm, no real difference there. It does feel cold however, and while he can sense wether or not you're touching something he cannot sense anything but that. No texture or warmth seems to picked up by the arm.

He casts a weary eye on the road, but sees nobody coming from either direction.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 02, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »

"Ah! A survivor! Best to help out!"

Using whatever supplies are on hand, try to aid this individual!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 02, 2014, 05:23:33 pm »

Help Nosegay.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 02, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

Attempt to spontaneously learn Healing Magicks.
"If these guys are fruits, vegetables etc. what are they farming?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2014, 04:17:19 pm »

In a small vegetable town

"Ah! A survivor! Best to help out!"

Using whatever supplies are on hand, try to aid this individual!
Help Nosegay.
The two of you rush to the wounded cabbageperson, trying to help him the best you can. [8][5] Nosegay jumps into action, ripping up the wounded person's cloak into strips. He then starts dressing the wound tightly with the help of Seanna, who fumbles a bit. The tow of them manage to get the wound cleaned and dressed in a respectable fashion. The man will need to get some proper attention soon, but you simply don't have the tools or knowledge needed for that right now. The man starts to regain conciousness.

"Who..who are you? Are you with the fruits?"

The man tries to grab his sword, but he is clearly too weak to lift it. He lets go of the handle and instead puts his hand on his wound.

"You dressed my wound...Who are you people, what are you doing here?"

Attempt to spontaneously learn Healing Magicks.
"If these guys are fruits, vegetables etc. what are they farming?
You attempt to learn healing magic, channeling your will to grab the arcane knowledge straight from the very ethers of the cosmos. You manage to give yourself a headache.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:33 pm »

We have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »

"I'm Angus, this is Nosegay, and that's Seanna. What do you know of the Tomato?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:53 pm »

"Not entirely accurate! You see, the Vegetable Kingdom and the Fruit Federation are in the middle of a war, with the Alliance of Free Foodstuffs being a neutral party. Now, judging from the state of this town, a decisive victory has been won for the Fruit Federation here and their troops seem to have elected to push on rather than stay around in this town and loot more thoroughly. Is this an accurate picture I am drawing here, Sir Vegetable?" Nosegay says to Seanna and the vegeman.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »

Thank the hosts and the competitors (except lance, his shame is eternal), then begin my trek to the Citadel.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:48:19 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : magical thrift shop
« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2014, 04:59:57 pm »

In a world not their own
"I'm Angus, this is Nosegay, and that's Seanna. What do you know of the Tomato?"
"You mean Lord Tomato? He rallied all of the vegetables under his crimson banner and is now waging war against all of vegetable kind. Other than that, I don't really know much about him."

"Not entirely accurate! You see, the Vegetable Kingdom and the Fruit Federation are in the middle of a war, with the Alliance of Free Foodstuffs being a neutral party. Now, judging from the state of this town, a decisive victory has been won for the Fruit Federation here and their troops seem to have elected to push on rather than stay around in this town and loot more thoroughly. Is this an accurate picture I am drawing here, Sir Vegetable?" Nosegay says to Seanna and the vegeman.
"Right on all counts but one. You can't very well have a victory without a battle, now can you? It was a slaughter. It was only me and about 3 other militiamen who were in the village when the fruits attacked. They slaughtered most of the men and took the rest prisoner. I think they must have retreated back to their own lines afterwards. This wasn't just a random raid, someone ordered this."

The man gets up, making pained sounds as he does so.

"We should get to the military base in the next town. The knights have to be warned about this."

At the battle of the bands.
Thank the hosts and the competitors (except lance, his shame is eternal), then begin my trek to the Citadel.
You shake the host's hand and walk up to the edge of the stage. You take a few bows while the audience cheers loudly before you exit and head for the citadel. On the way there, you encounter a man sitting at the side of the road. He's bald and is wearing a rather nice purple robe with yellow dots. A very heavely packed donkey is grazing at the side of the road while the man sits on a carpet, surrounded by all kinds of things.

"Good day, traveller! Might I interest you in any of my wares? As you see, I have wonders from all over the world. This is but a small selection, I have many more such fantabulous things on stock, you know. Please, take a look."

The man motions towards the items in front of him. There is a ring, a weird key, a goblet of water, a bottle of strange liquid and a very large, hairy and schriveled paw of some sort.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

Ask about his wares, what do they all do? Are some magical?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »

Ask about his wares, what do they all do? Are some magical?
"Ah, but of course, all of my wares carry that extra oomph. Take this ring for example, it is actually a tiny portal to another place. Or this key, which can magically open locks, or close them forever. Then we have the goblet of uneneding water, and the paw of the northern tundra monkeybear. Only two of its fingers are curled up, so it still has three wishes left in it!" The man looks at the bottle with liquid, picks it up and gives it a shake. "I'm not sure what this was, but seeing as it's here, it must have an amazing magical effect!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 08, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »

"We shall aid you! Such dishonorable tactics are against the very spirit of jolly good warfare!"

Help our new friend on his path! Make an impromptu stretcher if needed!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54