Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79231 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Thank the poncho magic man, begin career as a master blacksmith rock minstrel!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Nosegay tips his hat at the gentleman.

"Hello, sir! Would you happen to be the one who leads cats astray, or perhaps a harbinger of the tomato?"

Ask!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Seanna facepalms in despair.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

--Mini-rp update--

Inside of the Arcane tower
Thank the poncho magic man, begin career as a master blacksmith rock minstrel!
You thank Pocho profusely before dashing out of the door, onto adventure. Or you would have, but after opening the door you find yourself dashing straight into a pantry. After extracting yourself from a pile of potatoes you exit the pantry.

"No, man, you gotta crawl through the cupboard, remember?"

After a short maze like trip through various cupboard and closets, you find yourself on the front steps of the arcane tower. You've got your magical guitar at hand, the weather is nice and you feel as if the world is your oyster. You wonder what you will do first.

at some ruins
"Um, hello sir?"
Nosegay tips his hat at the gentleman.

"Hello, sir! Would you happen to be the one who leads cats astray, or perhaps a harbinger of the tomato?"

Ask!
Seanna decides to do this with tact and start the conversation off by nicely asking for the man's name. No sooner has she spoken her words when Nosegay grabs the very idea of tact and shatters it to a thousand pieces. Seanna's facepalm is so loud that a couple of small birds fly up from the nearby trees.

The man on the bench, hearing nosegay's question, chokes on a piece of apple. He waves his arms in a placating manner at nosegay.

"*cough* whoa whoa whoa! Hey now, let's not be rash here. I'll admit, I've done some shit. The rain of burning dogs, the mirror that makes you look fat, hell, even the fact that you can never find your keys in the morning. All me. But for the last time, I had nothing to do with that damned tomato. Why does everyone think I'm such an asshole that I'd work with the freaking tomato? I mean, come on now."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Test possible weapon applications of the artifact guitar.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So... the tomato is the work of a... darker entity, you say? Do you have any suspicions? Or does it perhaps work alone?"

Grill the suspect!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:07:03 am by Harry Baldman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Seanna cries for their lost chance to resolve the actual task given to them.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

We won't stop. We must see more. Curiosity killed the cat and the dog and the kid and the whole goddamn fucking family. But I am so excited. Will they hear my heartbeat?

Keep a hand on the knife and a spell handy. Proceed through the door.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Forest fires and the origins of the tomato
« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2014, 08:51:13 am »

On the open road somewhere around the arcane tower
Test possible weapon applications of the artifact guitar.

Walking along the road, not really knowing where you're going, you get the sudden itch to test out the destructive capabilities of this thing. You take the guitar in your hands and focus on a tree that looks rather sturdy. [5] You focus on one of the branches and strum the strings. You think you can see the branch vibrate slightly, but nothing more. Unsatisfied, you try again. [4] And yet, you gain the same results. Getting slightly angry now, you settle for trying one last time. [Fumbled roll to get this shit going without having 10 turns of testing shit out=8] This tree is insultingly difficult to kill, so you imagine a blazing fire and start strumming the strings. As you play, the branch which had so valiantly resisted your efforts to damage it suddenly bursts into flames. As you keep going, the sounds of other instruments magically appear to accompany your guitar play and the entire tree is engulfed into flames.

As you stop playing, the strudy tree has been converted into a blazing inferno and is well in the progress of setting the trees around it on fire as well.

In some picturesque ruins
"So... the tomato is the work of a... darker entity, you say? Do you have any suspicions? Or does it perhaps work alone?"

Grill the suspect!
Seanna cries for their lost chance to resolve the actual task given to them.
While Nosegay single-mindedly presses on his line of questioning Seanna silently begins to weep, sure that they will now never complete their quest for lady Loradove.

"Look, I see where you're going with this, but it seems you're assuming there's some dark, magic power behind this all. And, being a magic entity myself, I'd say that this thing isn't the work of anything at all. It just kind of...is. Always have been. There are even some Epraxian paintings depicting the tomato, you know?"

He pauses for a moment, looking at your faces for any kind of recognition. You both show no reaction, as you have never heard of Epraxia.

"Right, bad example, I guess they don't actually exist anymore. Now, my turn to ask a question. Why are you grilling me about the tomato?"

We won't stop. We must see more. Curiosity killed the cat and the dog and the kid and the whole goddamn fucking family. But I am so excited. Will they hear my heartbeat?

Keep a hand on the knife and a spell handy. Proceed through the door.
Being in a particular "who dares, wins" mentality today, you grab your knife and make your mind clear for a spell. You peek around the open doorway. You see that it leads directly into the large hallway. The hallway has a large staircase leading up to the first floor. You can see two doors in the hallway. One that seems to be the fornt door, while the other is directly opposite of the door you are looking from. Upstairs there is on door, and two hallways that lead to either side of the mansion.

As you are peeking out, you see some light coming from the left hallway on the first floor. Moments later, the creepy child with the candle comes out of the doorway and walks along the first floor railing. She stops at the door on the first floor, looks about, and turns around and heads back the way she came.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Forest fires and the origins of the tomato.
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2014, 09:14:54 am »

Because he's completely insane! We actually came out here to talk to you about Lady Loradove and that curse you put on her!
((Thank you for reminding me of her name Pancaek.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Forest fires and the origins of the tomato.
« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2014, 09:31:17 am »

Because he's completely insane! We actually came out here to talk to you about Lady Loradove and that curse you put on her!
((Thank you for reminding me of her name Pancaek.))

"All in good time, my dear! We have nowhere to really rush, do we? The solution to lovely Lady Loradove's issue is likely to be a muddled and confusing affair, and it would thus be in our interest to delay it for as long as possible!"

He turns to the godly individual before them.

"I'm asking you reasonable questions about the origin of the tomato because I find it personally interesting - you said that it is a thing that simply... is, yes? And that it is quite ancient as well. What is the tomato's relationship to the fabric of time? Does it exist outside of it, perhaps, and all of its manifestations are mere shadows of a greater deception 'neath the aetheric veil? It seems strange that there is a thing for which gods can claim no responsibility - after all, the world is of their making, as are all of its inhabitants, either primarily or secondarily."

"And who are the Epraxians, if I may ask?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Creationism and the tomato.
« Reply #491 on: May 05, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »

--small rp update--

At some rather nice ruins, a group of people is conversing

The deity simply nods at Seanna's outburst.

"Oh, I know he's insane. Frankly, a certain amount of insanity makes for a more interesting personality. And, I'm sure we'll get to that curse thingy, not to worry. Let's just indulge our good dwarven friend's curiosity, shall we?"

He listens to all of Nosegay's questions, then just looks at you like a father would look at a child, then looks over at Seanna

"Heh, looks like it's about time someone got this lad up to date eh? Created by the gods..."

He trails off as he sees that Seanna doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

"Oh, my, we're still at this then? Right, yeah, I can see why you wouldn't have been thinking about the universe and stuff. You've all been rather busy killing each other and destroying entire civilizations, after all.  So, yeah, let me break this down for you: The gods don't know shit, son!

I mean, we deities just have our own little niche we meddle in, we don't give a crap about the rest. But the big gods just sit in their little domains claiming they did everything. Well, let me let you in on a secret, they just got here first and claimed it was them all along.

Now that I broke your world view for you, just...trust me...the tomato isn't anything as difficult as you think it is. In fact, most things aren't. Well, I mean, they are, but on a deeper level. Best not to think about it too much. And it's not really ancient, not this one at least. The offending vegetable tends to change every couple of centuries. I don't know why, but it's a pain in the arse, people always think I did it. But I don't meddle in the affairs of the crop confederacy.

Now then, peaked your interest with the Epraxians, eh? Well, They used to be an ancient civilization in the southlands. Loved them some magics. Weird folk, though. They wore body paints instead of clothing and all of their buildings were either trapeze shaped or dome shaped. Anyway, they must have meddled with magics beyond their grasp while I was off doing my thing in the north."

He shrugs

"I swear, you mortals just love screwing around with things that are much too powerful for you. It's kind of silly, really."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 05, 2014, 06:37:26 pm »

So... Lady Loradove?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2014, 12:07:21 am »

"NOOOO~"

Run while hacking away at attacking vegetables.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:02 am »

Search for people in need of Master Blacksmith Combat Rock Minstrel service. See what else I can do with my instrument.

((my profession is starting to sound like an anime title :-\))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54