Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79274 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Uskarian Adventures : slippery business
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:51 am »

You fool!  To go before the Cult of Vegetable Dominion without an offering of snap peas is to invite retribution in the form of certain death! :P

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2014, 02:00:59 pm »

Well, if I can walk in through the door for once... Dangerous, though. All right, have a look...

Peek in.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »

Wailist me.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »

((Writing papers sucks. In other news: sun shines, players AWOL due to GM never updating his game, brings great shame to his family.))

In the arcane tower
Use science-blacksmith powers to continue research. Look for any other possible uses for the crystals.

((sonic weapons sonic weapons sonic weapons cmoooon))
You go to the door at the end of the room and open it, only to find that it leads to some sort of broom closet. You take a step back and check the plate above the door, it does very much indeed say "common hall".

"Yeah, you need to take the broom closet. Some trainee fumbled his spell a while back and now the doors have gone all awry. Let me lead the way, save you some time."

You follow Poncho through the broom closet to the third floor. Then you go through the toilet to the fifth floor and crawl through the cupboard into the common hall. Once arrived, you see the prototypes the mage was talking about. Most of them are just cobbled together junk, but one of them seems to be a rather thin guitar. You take it in your hand and inspect it, looking to see if you can use this somehow. [9+2] You see that if you just adjust the internals in a certain way, you can make it amplify the sound quite a bit. Even better, you're sure that you can even make it so that you can channel the crystal's magic, but you will need some higher quality metal, these bumbling fools made it out of mere iron. You ask the mage if he doesn't just happen to have any.

"Hmm, I don't think so. We do have a forge somewhere between floor 5 and 92. So once you get some higher quality metal you can rework it there if you like"

In Belgrad
Ask the noblewoman where the encounter was if we haven't asked already and then head on over there.
You sure you want to go there alone? If so, assume that you're already there for your next action.

"Hold on! I believe the Cult of Vegetable Dominion may have the answers we seek! The name fills me with optimism!"

Seek out the Cult of Vegetable Dominion. Ask them about Silak!
You go to the city center and look for this vegetable cult. You arrive at a rather cottage at the outskirts of the town. You knock on the door and a little old lady opens the door. "Yes? Can I help you?" While you explain why you've come, you notice that she has a bunch of potatoes stuck ontop of her hat. "Oh, I wouldn't know about that, dear, come inside and speak to father Giles, he might  know a thing or two."

You enter the cottage and the old lady leads you to the back, through the back door. You find yourself in a massive vegetable garden, with a gardener currently tending to the pumpkins. As you approach, he stand up and turn around. You can see that he, too, is wearing a hat with multiple kinds of vegetables on them. "Silak? Hmmm...the name doesn't ring a bell. But the discription you gave...diety of mischief? He must be an avatar of the loathsome tomato. He who is not what he seems to be. The one vegetable, that isn't. Take heed, young dwarf, for the way of the tomato is the way of ruin!"

Just outside of a rather large mansion
Well, if I can walk in through the door for once... Dangerous, though. All right, have a look...

Peek in.
You peek in through the window. It seems to lead into a rather large kitchen. The door to the hallway is open, and a alchemical candle is burning brightly. You can't see any movement, however. The kitchen is filled with lots of cookware, some of it looking rather shiny. If the cookware is this fancy, just imagine what the rest of the house will be like.

Wailist me.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Another one for the waitlist. No guarantees that you'll get to play anytime soon, though. Unless some players go seriously AWOL. I'll have to actually work on keeping an update schedule first...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

Ask for some monies so I can buy metals.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2014, 05:10:12 pm »

"Speak to me of the loathsome tomato, o holy man! I wish to know of its wily ways so that I am not led into temptation and foolish action!"

"On an unrelated note, do you have any scripture, sir? I would like to peruse your beliefs in more detail, if possible - I've been between churches these past few years, and I'm thinking of conversion."

Obtain scripture if there is any and also the skinny on the loathsome tomato.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:29:42 am by Harry Baldman »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »

"Quick, let's head through the cornfields! Don't spread out to far, we're better prepared as a group than on our lonesomes!"

Chase after the mysterious thing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »

Stay with the other two.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2014, 02:14:23 am »

Moskar Byal, Lizardman at large, let out a long, rumbling growl of frustration as his feet were locked in place.
He didn't hesitate to act, though- even as he started growling, he drew back his cleaver-arm and let fly, sending it arcing through the air at his tormentor. Then he raised his shield in the direction of the archers and hurriedly tried to free his feet, digging at the ice with his claws.

Throw my cleaver with full force at the mage, then ready my shield to deflect arrows whilst trying to get my feet out of this ice.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 18, 2014, 06:36:50 pm »

((So, I finished writing my first paper. Yayz. I'm so glad that I'm done with that frakking thing that I feel in the mood to give out some bonuses. I shall be lenient today, maybe. Also, I just realized that I never did explain the whole vs rolls things. Basically, first number is the attacker, second is the defeneder.))

at the arcane tower
Ask for some monies so I can buy metals.
You look Poncho in the eyes, something which clearly unsettles him, what with your bug face. You ask him for "monies"

"What? Oh, no, we're not really giving out research grants right now. We're using our budget to, eh, unfuck the doorways. I mean, to get to the bathroom you have to crawl up the 45th floor chimney. It was kind of funny the first two weeks, but now it's getting somewhat stale, you know?"

How unfortunate, it looks like you won't be getting any money here. You start thinking about ways to quickly get money for precious metals when a glint in the room catches your eye. You walk up to the table and find that someone has left their bowl of half-eaten cornflakes, what a filthy habit. The shining abject seems to have been the spoon. Upon closer inspection, the spoon seems silver. Oh, oh yes.

Like a man posessed, you grab the spoon, run up to the counter and start grabbing all the silverware you can find. Poncho doesn't really seem to know what the purpose is of this, but starts grabbing the silverware as well. "I'm not sure what you're thinking, bug-man, but I recognize the spark of a man with a plan when I see one." The pair of you raid the cupboard, the drawers and even grab the silver vase that stand next to a bust of some old mage. You rush to the smithy, running through the door, a closet, another door and, after some hesitation, a window. Instead of falling to your death as a result of that last action, you find yourself in a rather decent, if not often used, smithy. You begin by melting down all of the silverware. Then you [8+2] rip out the guts out of one of the prototypes that is very much a lost cause anyway. You carefully remove the innards and crystals of the flat guitar, remembering where which component went. You mold and hammer the silver perfectly, and masterfully combine the instrument, the metalwork and the crystals making your new magically enhanced instrument complete.

You have gained: One maguitar.

In a the backyard of a pleasant little cottage
"Speak to me of the loathsome tomato, o holy man! I wish to know of its wily ways so that I am not led into temptation and foolish action!"

"On an unrelated note, do you have any scripture, sir? I would like to peruse your beliefs in more detail, if possible - I've been between churches these past few years, and I'm thinking of conversion."

Obtain scripture if there is any and also the skinny on the loathsome tomato.
You ask the man for the skinny on the loathsome tomato, and if he has any scripture.

"Scripture, oh no, we don't have anything as boring as that. What good are books and sermons when we should rather pay attention to the life around us." He gestures with his arm, seemingly indicating the entire garden. "The way of the vegetable is to see that the divine is life itself. Everywhere around us things are born, grow, live and die. And of all those things, vegetables are the most divine. They have allowed htemselves to be grown by us, and in return for our care and protection, they nourish our bodies so that we may inherit their lifeforce and prosper. I'm not discounting fruits, of course, but fruits are more fickle, harder to grow. Vegetables however have made themselves so that they are perfectly suited for being rown by human hands."

He looks wistfully to his pumpkin patch, and sighs.

"And then, there is the tomato. The imposter, the betrayer. It takes the colour of those vegetables who are spicy, yet when you bite it...it is bitter like the blackness of hell itself. And worse of all, it has made us believe that it is a vegetable. but it is not! it is a fruit! A FRUIT! trying to besmirsch the good name of vegetables everywhere! The tomato must be loathed, young dwarf, loathed and avoided."

At a small farming community
"Quick, let's head through the cornfields! Don't spread out to far, we're better prepared as a group than on our lonesomes!"

Chase after the mysterious thing.
You yell for the two men to start pursuit. Rogan grunts his affirmative and runs straight for the wall with the hole in it, crashing right through it. You and the archer follow him trough the now very much enlarged hole and start chasing the trail. You rush thorugh the cornfield at breakneck speed, getting slapped in the face by a corn cob more than once. Once you exit at the other side of the cornfield, you find yourselves in a field planted with cabbages. You're not sure but the cabbages seem to be...rustling? But there isn't even any wind. Rognar yelps out in pain as one of the cabbages launches itself upwards, spinning wildly and bouncing of his back. You can see lots of tiny cuts on rognars back where the cabbage struck. You wouldn't believe this if anyone told you in the pub, but the cabbages are attacking!

Somewhere in Belgrad
Stay with the other two.
You grab egen by the arm and rush after the dwarf. You drag Egen all the way to a little cottage, where you join Nosegay once more. He seems to be talking to a gardener about evil tomatoes. huh.

Somewhere on a road
Moskar Byal, Lizardman at large, let out a long, rumbling growl of frustration as his feet were locked in place.
He didn't hesitate to act, though- even as he started growling, he drew back his cleaver-arm and let fly, sending it arcing through the air at his tormentor. Then he raised his shield in the direction of the archers and hurriedly tried to free his feet, digging at the ice with his claws.

Throw my cleaver with full force at the mage, then ready my shield to deflect arrows whilst trying to get my feet out of this ice.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

((You got it right, the ice is encasing your feet.))

You flign your cleaver towards the mage with all the force you can muster, [10 vs 10] The cleaver is dead on target, but the mage reacts quickly. He holds out one hands a shield of ice forms. The cleaver breaks through the shield, but the loss in momentum gives the mage enough time to get mostly out of the way. The cleaver leaves a very nasty cut in the man's arm, and bounces off.

"A good effort, but it seems you just threw your advantage. Allow me to show you not to mess with a frostlord!"

The blood from his wound has coloured his sleeve red, but the man seems determined and throws up both hands an begins reciting an incantation. You decide to take this oppertunity to break out of the ice, while holding your shield up. No arrows come at you however. [6] You manage to get free of the ice, but not before the mage finishes his spell. It feels as if the entire world goes sub-zero for a moment and a whole bunch of iceshards begin to appear and congrate in front of the mage. To your dismay, the mage seems to have summoned an ice elemental.

"Now, pago, take care of our lizard friend, would you?"

The elemental begins to advance towards you, when it is suddenly smacked in the side by something quite large. The elemental staggers to the left, when a second impact send it to the ground. You can see that the objects are actually the mangled corpses of what seem like two elves. With an inhuman roar, the armoured man rushes the elemental. But [9 vs 2] the mage sees him coming and send a hail of razor sharp ice shards flying towards him. The armoured man has build up too much momentum to get out of the way in time, and his armour is shredded into pieces. it falls apart to the ground.

"Bah, blasted wraiths, always so stubborn."

The elemental, in the meantime, has gotten back up and is advancing towards you with suprising speed. It luges with its arm, which looks more like a giants axe than an actual arm. [4 vs 4] The elemental is too slow however, and you get your shield up well in time. The arm crashes down on it, sending you staggering. [7 vs 3] The elemental quickly rebounds and sweeps its other arm horizontally. THis time, you cannot get out of the way of the attack. [endurance roll 1+1] The sharp ice slices deep into you right arm, severing it from just below the shoulder. You twist around and fall flat on the ground, you arm landing a good two meters furthers. The elemental turns around and starts walking up to you.

Everything looks like it's going in slow motions. You see the blood gushing out of your stump, making red rivers in the road. The elemntal is raising its arm high, going for the killing blow. The mage is holding his wound with his good hand, jumping from foot to foot in joy. The arm starts to come down, the mage is jumping, your blood keeps going, touching the pieces of armour from the fallen man. Your life flashes before you, all the battles and the fights. YOu were bred for war, it can't end like this...

A voice echoes in your head."Do you wish to fight? Do you hunger for power?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 19, 2014, 01:19:33 am »

Test out the magitar. Show off its awesomeness.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 19, 2014, 02:26:56 am »

Start discreetly pulling the clown away from the Vegetable Priest.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:45 am »

"Interesting! Tell me, sir, how do you feel about bell peppers? Are they also not deceptively vegetable-like fruits? And what is your opinion on nuts? And most importantly, may I have a free potato hat if I promise to spread the good word?"

Askety ask!

Nunzillor

« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2014, 06:04:28 pm »

I can't help but wonder if they have any quests for vegetable crusaders (beyond weeding and presumably destroying tomatoes on sight, of course).

Also, how do they eat their pizzas?  Or do they go without??  The thought is disturbing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:06:20 pm by Nunzillor »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2014, 06:15:16 pm »

I can't help but wonder if they have any quests for vegetable crusaders (beyond weeding and presumably destroying tomatoes on sight, of course).

Also, how do they eat their pizzas?  Or do they go without??  The thought is disturbing.
I'm sure they have quests. the menace of the decieving tomato is all around us, after all.
As for pizzas, the correct procedure is to gather all those who will partake and stand in a circle around it. Then point at the pizza and loudly proclame "I see thee, tomato, and how thy tryest to decieve us into thinking you are a vegetable. But thou art not, thou art an imposter, and we shall now rid the world of thy presence." Then you can safely eat it, and do the world the favor of getting rid of the evil tomato.

I'll update this, soon. I promise. But, you know, test in two days, papers to write, teachers who just love adding stuff to the syllabus at the last moment.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54