Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79361 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Knowledge is the fuel to growth
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2014, 12:20:23 pm »

"Ah! Sir! You speak of lies, but can you deny the truth of THIS?"

Leap ass-first toward the mage, performing a mid-air chair-throw aimed at his face.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »

Moskar stood from the bed, stretching languidly at his full impressive height, and allowed himself a smile, a very rare thing for him.
Then again, it most likely looked rather grotesque to anyone not lizardfolk themselves, so perhaps that was part of the reason why...

Then, it's back to business. He gathers up his travel-worn leathers and tugs them on, sheaths his cleaver and straps the shield across his back before bunching the cloak up as tight as possible and tucking it through his belt a couple of times. Once that's all taken care of he heads downstairs, glances around the common room and then nods almost pleasantly to the innkeeper before heading out the door. He even hisses a gruff "Thankss," as he goes.

>Stretch, gather up my things, (does this room have a window?) head downstairs, check what's up in the common room, thank the innkeeper.

>If nothing overly dramatic happens over the course of those actions, head outside, glance up and down the street, and then set off for the inn I owe money to. Also, check what time of day it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »

Tomo blinks rapidly a couple times as her brain clicks back into gear, and she suddenly leaps to her feet, throwing a triumphant fist into the air- irrespective of whether the messenger was still clinging to her. "Yes! Of course! Tonight, Tomo is an Ally of Justice! The badguys might have heard the big boom, so Tomo will guard you until the missile is delivered!"

Quickly, she moves to retrieve her cloak, before rounding on the would-be assassin and crouching down next to him.

"Hyou remember what Tomo told you badguys before the big boom? Tomo doesn't, but if you think of trying to scream and run, it's going to end really bad for you!

Wakatta? "

After flashing her best and meanest grin mere inches from his face, she stands, scooping him up by his bindings like so much luggage.

To the citadel!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:44:22 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

Oh, that's rich. The mind-worm has an understanding of "better". I don't want to be a better man - I just want to retain at least some pride in my work, and robbing people who are already piss-poor is not my idea of a respectable job.
And what would your idea of "something useful" be? Pah.

I think it's better if I start doing good work right now. I'm sick of mediocrity.

Go and observe the mansion I saw earlier for the rest of the day. Make note of guard schedules, if any, location and height of windows, general number of people - anything that could be useful.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2014, 04:06:51 pm »

To the crazy lake mages!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »

"That citadel situation seems to be of much importance. So I'll do it later~"

Head down to the farmlands with the monster problem.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »

"D-damn it!"

Egen tries to heat the mage's chainmail super hot! And, you know, burn him horribly.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »

"Damnit!"
Hearing Egen scream (guessing she did) Seanna runs back in to get her out.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 13, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

at the library

"D-damn it!"

Egen tries to heat the mage's chainmail super hot! And, you know, burn him horribly.
"Ah! Sir! You speak of lies, but can you deny the truth of THIS?"

Leap ass-first toward the mage, performing a mid-air chair-throw aimed at his face.
"Truth?" You hear the mage mumble before Nosegay springs into action. He grabs a chair, jumps up onto the table and leaps ass-first toward the mage. [6+1] He throws the chair fairly accurately. The mage, still perplexed about what is happening, doesn't have time to dodge. It hits him square in the chest and [Mage end:4] the chair splinters and throws the mage flat on his arse. As he scrambles to get up, large wooden splinters stuck inside of the mail vest, Egen throws up here arms. Crimson symbols dance in the air before her as she focuses on the chain shirt. [8+1] The splinters stuck into the chain shirt start to smoke and soon catch on fire. [mage end:10+3] The mage stands back up and pulls the burning splinters out with his bare hands, a vaguely amused grin spreads on his face before he turns to Egen, seemingly having forgotten about the chair-throwing dwarf. "I see you are a sister of the flame, surely you understand why I must do this? The elven lies, they have spread too much, we must burn it all!" And he throws up his arms once more.

"Damnit!"
Hearing Egen scream (guessing she did) Seanna runs back in to get her out.
Hearing Egen scream, you immediatly start a mad dash back inside of the library, pushing curious onlookers rather roughly out of the way. Wether it is your years of training, your kitsune heritage or the fact that your friend is in danger, the outcome is that you run like never before, taking sharp corners without even slowing down. You pass the two people who entered before you and bolt down to the place where you can hear some wood splintering. You arrive just in time to see the mage throw up his hands. An impressive and terrifying stream of fire shoots towards Egen. [Egen dodge: 3][Seanna dex:9] Egen is simply too slow to out of the path of the flames, but right before it hits her Seanna rams into her, sending them both tumbling out of the way of the flames, crashing hard onto the floor. At this moment, the two strangers come upon the scene. The woman quickly nocks an arrow and shoots it towards the mage, in the fluid motion of someone who has done this kind of thing a million times. As the arrow hits the mage in the shoulder, the flames around the room lessen in intensity and the mage falls down the ground. He attemtps to scramble back up, but the man knocks him over the head with his staff, rendering him unconscious.

The man then begins to summon jets of water, systematically dousing the flames. The woman, meanwhile, locks the rogue fire mage's hands behind his back with engraved shackles, and turns to you. "You all seem relatively unharmed, that's a relief. Do you have any idea what this nutjob wanted? Not like his reasons are going to keep him away froma long time in a magic cell, but it would be nice to know."

All of you are all kinds of bruised and battered, but otherwise fine. The library however, has been reduced to a smoldering heap of ash.

At the Inn
Moskar stood from the bed, stretching languidly at his full impressive height, and allowed himself a smile, a very rare thing for him.
Then again, it most likely looked rather grotesque to anyone not lizardfolk themselves, so perhaps that was part of the reason why...

Then, it's back to business. He gathers up his travel-worn leathers and tugs them on, sheaths his cleaver and straps the shield across his back before bunching the cloak up as tight as possible and tucking it through his belt a couple of times. Once that's all taken care of he heads downstairs, glances around the common room and then nods almost pleasantly to the innkeeper before heading out the door. He even hisses a gruff "Thankss," as he goes.

>Stretch, gather up my things, (does this room have a window?) head downstairs, check what's up in the common room, thank the innkeeper.

>If nothing overly dramatic happens over the course of those actions, head outside, glance up and down the street, and then set off for the inn I owe money to. Also, check what time of day it is.

You gather up your belongings, making sure you haven't left anything behind. You head downstairs, making sure to thank the innkeeper on you way out. The common room is completely empty. You head outside, the sunlight warming your scales. From the looks of it, it's slighty before noon. You head out to the village of Saanan, intent on paying back your debts. The journey goes by without much trouble, and you arrive in the Inn where you started out some days ago. The Innkeeper seems to be out, a small card stands on the bar, it reads: 'out for a few hours, leave a message'. You're kind of puzzled how you're supposed to leave a message when you notice a small arrow pointing to the right. You follow the arrow and see the notepad, and write down your name and your thanks. You leave the 40 gold along with the note behind the bar, and head back outside.

Standing outside in the sunlight, you stretch yourself out, feeling rather good. The world is your oyster, and knowing you, you're going to beat the crap out of it and pry loose its pearl wether it likes it or not.

Oh, that's rich. The mind-worm has an understanding of "better". I don't want to be a better man - I just want to retain at least some pride in my work, and robbing people who are already piss-poor is not my idea of a respectable job.
And what would your idea of "something useful" be? Pah.

I think it's better if I start doing good work right now. I'm sick of mediocrity.

Go and observe the mansion I saw earlier for the rest of the day. Make note of guard schedules, if any, location and height of windows, general number of people - anything that could be useful.

You shove the dresser out of the way and put it back somwhat like how it was before. Nobody will notice that you've used it as an impromptu doorstop, surely.

You head out into the city, walking past the mansion you saw earlier. You make sure no-one suspects that you're actually casing the joint, which isn't all that hard, you've had quite some practise at this sort of thing after all. You get a rather good look at the place, but you can't really see all of the mansion, what with there being fences all around. There don't seem to be guards on the outside, but you've caught frequent glimpses of movement inside of the mansion. As for security measures, there's the large fence around the garden. After that, you still need to get inside of the place. There's the front door and a side entrance. The windows on the ground floor ar barred with very fancy looking iron bars. But the windows on the first and second floor don't have these.

Spoiler: equipment (click to show/hide)

In an alley.
Tomo blinks rapidly a couple times as her brain clicks back into gear, and she suddenly leaps to her feet, throwing a triumphant fist into the air- irrespective of whether the messenger was still clinging to her. "Yes! Of course! Tonight, Tomo is an Ally of Justice! The badguys might have heard the big boom, so Tomo will guard you until the missile is delivered!"

Quickly, she moves to retrieve her cloak, before rounding on the would-be assassin and crouching down next to him.

"Hyou remember what Tomo told you badguys before the big boom? Tomo doesn't, but if you think of trying to scream and run, it's going to end really bad for you!

Wakatta? "

After flashing her best and meanest grin mere inches from his face, she stands, scooping him up by his bindings like so much luggage.

To the citadel!

You flash the guy on the ground your meanest grin. He starts furiously wriggling, trying to get out of his bonds. You kneel beside him, whispering in his ear "わかった?". The guy goes limp, and simply whimpers in response. You heave him up over your shoulder, and start your journey to the citadel.

The journey to the citadel is uneventful, but rather pleasant. You and the messenger talk a bit about the weather and such niceties, but you can see he's still afraid that more assassins might come after him. WHen you arrive at the citadel, the man takes the front and heads straight for the giant gates. The citadel wall is huge, and the citadel itself is located on top of a very steep hill. The wall is lined with all sorts of defensive measures, and the stone has been made flat, so that it's almost impossible to get a grip on it. When you arrive at the gates, the messenger exchanges a few words the guards on duty and they let the three of you in without a problem. Once inside, the messenger turns to you.

"I really have to deliver this missive as soon as possible, so I'm going to go ahead. You can always go to the guard barracks to find a way to dispose of the ruffian. Just ask for the sarge and tell them Heglen sent you. Once you're done with that, you might as well come to the keep, I'll ask the judge to prepare a reward for you. See you later!"

He waves and sets off, bolting towards the back of the citadel, with speed that would suprises you, what with being beaten half to death and having made the entire trip here earlier this day. You suppose that he's a messenger for a good reason.

Spoiler: master (click to show/hide)

outside
To the crazy lake mages!
You head out to the lake that the man at the desk pointed out to you. You arrive at a peaceful lake, situated in a clearing of the forest. The water is still and clear, and you can see fish swimming. There is, however, no sign of the tower. Somewhat dejected, you start to trun back when you hear a voice.

"Hey, insect bro! You've gotta go stand on that rock over there!"

You look around, but you can't see anyone. Intrigued, you go and stand on a rather tall rock. You still see nothing. When you take a small step to the left, however, suddenly a very large tower snaps into view. It's suspended over the lake and unlike the tower in Belgrad, which was a solid white color, this one seems the be a rainbow color, constantly moving around, like when you have oil on water. A guy in a shorts and a poncho sits on the stept of the front doors, fishing. "Yeah, pretty cool, huh! Come on in. Just walk in a straight line from where you're standing, trust me." You do as he says, and you find yourself able to walk on the surface on the water! You get to the step, and the guy in the poncho helps you up. "So, like, welcome to the arcane tower! What brings you all the way out here?"

outside of the church
"That citadel situation seems to be of much importance. So I'll do it later~"

Head down to the farmlands with the monster problem.

--Just a quick shout-out, the inspiration for this particular mission comes from Radio Controlled. Big thanks to him--

Deciding that farmers are more important than the empire, you head out the farming village located on the back of the flyer. You arrive there somewhere after noon. A farmer directs you to the house of the village elder. You enter a large building, at a large table there are three people seated. One is a short, old man with hair that seems to want to desperately escape his head, jutting out at all angles. The two other people are a man in studded leather armour with a longbow next to him, and another man with a scalemail chestplate and a large axe. The old man looks up as you enter, and begins to speak.

"Ah, another brave soul. I suppose this is the most help we're going to get, we're just a small farming village after all. So, gentlemen and lady, let me get to the point. Every night, something or someone is stealing our crops and attacking our cattle. We've had large portions of crops simply vanishing into thin air, and we've had cows and goats and chickens riddled with many small and large cuts alike. We even found some rabbits, torn to schreds. Obviously, we've tried to set up a watch, but whoever is doing this is a master of stealth, we've never even caught a glimpse of what did this. Your job will be to stand watch at night, and catch whoever or whataver is doing this. Dead or alive, it doesn't really matter to us.

Do you have any questions?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »

Explain magic music crystals. Ask for research grant, or at least the resources to continue research.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:58:23 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2014, 08:16:17 pm »

"E-egen? Are you alright?"

((HELLS YEAH.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2014, 04:35:03 am »

Go to the market and buy a crowbar, some climbing gear, and a hacksaw. Preferrably from different people, because it's mighty suspicious otherwise.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:16 am »

((Who in their right mind sells crowbars, climbing gear and hacksaws in the same place, unless their market is thieves?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:10 am »

((Who in their right mind sells crowbars, climbing gear and hacksaws in the same place, unless their market is thieves?))
((Funnily enough, I've seen two shops side by side that - taken together - sold all of that.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:16 am »

((Funnily enough, I've seen two shops side by side that - taken together - sold all of that.))
It depends on your definition of "climbing gear" - if you're talking rope, hooks and carbines, then you can probably buy it in a shop where they sell tools like crowbars and hacksaws. Not rigging or spikes, though.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54