Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79277 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : curses and lemonade
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2014, 08:59:04 am »

"Okay! So! Where do we find this noblewoman?"

Ask priests where to find the noblewoman we are looking for. Once an answer is obtained, head out that way!
Follow the terrifying clown.
Indeed. Let's get this adventure train rolling!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »

I see where this is going. This is the home of some soldier's widow and her bunch of kids, and I'm gonna be stealing their last few pennies. Shit feeling, intensifying. Oh whatever. Gotta check the chest out first, I suppose, before I decide something.

Examine chest.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2014, 03:48:54 pm »

Go out for a celebratory meal.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2014, 05:44:51 am »

((I don't really want to cause too much temporal displacement, so is it alright if I take another action on the same night?))

>Take an nice evening stroll once I have my room, try and find that library the priest mentioned.

>See if I can buy a cheap cloak along the way for a bit of warmth.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:59:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2014, 11:23:53 am »

"Okay! So! Where do we find this noblewoman?"

Ask priests where to find the noblewoman we are looking for. Once an answer is obtained, head out that way!
Follow the terrifying clown.
Indeed. Let's get this adventure train rolling!
Nosegay thanks the priest for his help and goes off to the adress on the map, followed by Egen and Seanna. It's still night out, but the streets are bright with alchemical light and you don't have any trouble navigating your way around town. You arrive at a large mansion. You cross the rather pleasant garden tot he front door and knock. A man in a black suit and white gloves opens the door and asks what you want. You explain that you are here for the job pertainign the cursed noblewoman, and the man usheres you in. He directs you to a room and the right side of the entrance hall, and asks you to wait there while he summons his mistress. You all take place on a comfortable sofa.

After about 5 minutes the man enters again with a tray of teacups, he says his mistress will be with you shortly. a good 10 minutes later a woman enters the room. She is wearing a fine, dark blue dress. "Thanks you all for coming here. I was starting to fear that no-one would come to me aid. Ah, but where are my manners, my name is lady Loradove. A pleasure to make your acquintance. Please, feel free to ask anything about this dreadful curse."

I see where this is going. This is the home of some soldier's widow and her bunch of kids, and I'm gonna be stealing their last few pennies. Shit feeling, intensifying. Oh whatever. Gotta check the chest out first, I suppose, before I decide something.

Examine chest.
You make your way over to the small chest and open it up. There is a bunch of jewellery in it, as it seems. You count a set of silver earrings, a silver necklace with a small blue gemstone, a few silver and copper bracelets and a pair of gold rings. You sneak a peek out of the window, and see that it isn't as dark as it was when you got in here. You better start deciding what you're going to take, lest the inhabitants of the house wake up and find you here.

((I don't really want to cause too much temporal displacement, so is it alright if I take another action on the same night?))

>Take an nice evening stroll once I have my room, try and find that library the priest mentioned.

>See if I can buy a cheap cloak along the way for a bit of warmth.
((Yeah, no problem. This whole night/day cycle thing is a bit confusing, to be honest, so you don't need to take it too seriously. If someone really needs to something at night and you really need it to be day we'll just fudge it somehow))

Once you've secured your lodgings you decide you might as well take a ncie stroll before you go off to sleep. You exit the inn and walk around town for a while, stopping by the market to buy a cheap cloak. After some searching for an open stall that sells cloaks and some haggling, you find one in a rough, brown fabric that only costs 10 gold and is big enough for you to wear. You pay the shopkeeper and put on the cloak. It might not look all that great, but it sure is warm. You ask the stallkeeper for directions to the library and head to the area he points out to you.

You arrive at large building that bears a sign saying "Public library of Belgrad, Open 24/7".

Go out for a celebratory meal.
You decide that this feat requires celebration! The blacksmith says he knows a nice place that serves the best roast ham in town and offers to take you there. Together, you go to the restaurant and you eat a splendid late night dinner, courtesy of the blacksmith. You have a couple of beers with your meal and make pleasant conversation with your teacher.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:46:48 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : High society tea party
« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:47 pm »

"Lovely Lady Loradove, I am Nosegay the Clown, these are Egen and Seanna, and our first questions are... well, who cursed you? Any idea why? What does the curse do, exactly? Is it supposed to make you change your ways or was it bestowed upon you vindictively? Have you been cursed before? Has anybody tried to help you with curses before? What happened to them? Do you have any access to information about divine entities and such? Can we utilize it?" Nosegay says, then pauses a moment to breathe in expressively. "Very nice air in here, I must say. So, aside from all that I already asked, do you have any additional important facts that may be useful if they were relayed to us?"

Power through that quest dialogue!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

Go to the library afterwards and do some more research on smithing.
((Come on, metagaming.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:46 pm »

Oh, damn me eyes. Am I a thief or what? Okay, so I'm not gonna steal everything, right? Excuses, excuses... Damn.

Take the silver bracelets and scram before I'm overwhelmed by feelings of guilt.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »

Egen lets Nosegay do the talking, sitting still and trying not to mess anything up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

((Whoops, missed the update!))

Moskar, not one to waste time especially when he was eager to finish this task and get back to sleep, strode up and banged on the door of the library with a large, scaly fist. He pulled his ragged new cloak more tightly about him and waited, feeling somewhat unsure about the whole idea.
Books weren't usually his thing, after all... then again, he didn't have a whole lot else to do.

>Knock loudly on the library door, wait for someone to answer. Keep an eye on my surroundings meanwhile.

>If it takes more than a couple of minutes, just kick the bloody thing in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »

"Lovely Lady Loradove, I am Nosegay the Clown, these are Egen and Seanna, and our first questions are... well, who cursed you? Any idea why? What does the curse do, exactly? Is it supposed to make you change your ways or was it bestowed upon you vindictively? Have you been cursed before? Has anybody tried to help you with curses before? What happened to them? Do you have any access to information about divine entities and such? Can we utilize it?" Nosegay says, then pauses a moment to breathe in expressively. "Very nice air in here, I must say. So, aside from all that I already asked, do you have any additional important facts that may be useful if they were relayed to us?"

Power through that quest dialogue!
((Fuck dialogue, get money))

All right, it's late and I'm not in the mood to type like a distinguished lady of high standing for the entire thing right now, so I'll bullet point most of this for you. I won't promise this is the only time I'll do this, because I'm a bit of a lazy bastard.

-She doesn't know the name
-She has no clue
-She has to do something exceedingly funny or embaressing every three days, otherwise something bad will happen to her. The bad stuff keeps getting worse and worse.
-She thinks vindictively
-no
-nope
- N/A
-She doesn't
- N/A

"Extra information, you ask? Well, Three days before the first of the...accidents...started happening to me I was having a nice picknick in an old ruin along the forest path. I met a charming man while I was there and we had a bit of a conversation. Suddenly during our conversation he just stood up and left. The gall of some people. Anyway, I haven't been able to find a trace of him since. That's the only thing I that really springs to mind."

Go to the library afterwards and do some more research on smithing.
((Come on, metagaming.))
You and the the blacksmith part ways after the meal and you head to the library. Once there, you scour the shelves for books on smithing. [7] You find a book on the basics of weapon maintenance. [8] It's written in a fairly basic, yet informative way. You feel like you've really learned something.

+1 to repairing or otherwise maintaining weapons

Oh, damn me eyes. Am I a thief or what? Okay, so I'm not gonna steal everything, right? Excuses, excuses... Damn.

Take the silver bracelets and scram before I'm overwhelmed by feelings of guilt.
Overcome with a sudden sense of guilt, you decide not to rob the all of the belongings of the people fo this house. You pocket two quality silver bracelets and make your way outside. Since it's still pretty dark, you take your time and manage to get out without making a sound. You find yourself back on the streets, two shiny loops in your pocket.

Egen lets Nosegay do the talking, sitting still and trying not to mess anything up.
You simply sit there, listening to the conversation and sipping your tea. It has a lovely fruity taste, and there seem to be biscuits on the plate as well. Nosegay is doing an admirable job of pumping the lady for information. Honestly, you're surprised he's so good at getting people to talk, what with his rather discomforting appearance.

((Whoops, missed the update!))

Moskar, not one to waste time especially when he was eager to finish this task and get back to sleep, strode up and banged on the door of the library with a large, scaly fist. He pulled his ragged new cloak more tightly about him and waited, feeling somewhat unsure about the whole idea.
Books weren't usually his thing, after all... then again, he didn't have a whole lot else to do.

>Knock loudly on the library door, wait for someone to answer. Keep an eye on my surroundings meanwhile.

>If it takes more than a couple of minutes, just kick the bloody thing in.
You knock on the door and wait. The night isn't all that cold, but your cold-bloodedness doesn't really help. You pull your cloak tightly around you and wait for a bit. After some time, you're about ready to kick in the bloody thing when an insectoid person walks up to the door and simply pulls it open, and enters. Feeling somewhat silly, you enter as well.

((So yeah, short actions all around, because I'm somewhat tired. I'll try to make up for it next update. Maybe.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:57 pm »

"What is your business here, lizard-stranger? Do you seek knowledge or are you looking for someone?"

Assist the lizardman if he needs help, otherwise look for books on metallurgy.

((In bugspeak, titles are suffixed. Certain words are replaced by compound phrases, especially when in relation to a person.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »

"Was there anything... different about the man?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

"Was there anything... different about the man?"

"Yes, lovely Lady Loradove, tell us about the man! Any interesting mannerisms, particular interests, social connections and so forth you could discern? I assume you must be quite skilled in assessing the worth and means of a human being from conversation, yes?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:54 am »

Tomo's grin is briefly replaced with a perplexed frown at the thug's response. They didn't seem intimidated at all by her... Could they be... professionals? Did they know what what they were dealing with? She even threatened to eat them; how could they be used to that? Just what kind of town was this?!

She shakes her head, and her grin and confident posture return. No, threatening her like that, they couldn't know what they were dealing with-- and that meant she still had the element of surprise!

"Spoked like a true badguy! Huttah!"

Huck the lightning stone at the ground in front of the thugs as hard as I can! If it doesn't do anything, use the distraction to rush them and go for their throats!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54