Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78939 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Graveyard shift
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 07:51:10 am »

--Uskarian adventures: Graveyard shift--

Head over to the graveyard!
Egen follows the dwarf.
Follow adventure party.
>March over to this graveyard and see what's up.

>Remain on guard, keep an eye out for anyone or anything suspicious on the way.

Follow/Pester Moskar
And so, after hearing out the priest of Saanan our party ventures north to the graveyard. Moskar and Tomo take the lead with Tomo constantly asking Moskar questions, like wether his scales itch. Moskar, for his part, does an admirable job staying calm and ignoring the ramblings of the undead girl. Somewhat behind these two is the rest of the group, with Seanna keeping a safe distance between her and Nosegay at all times.

Nosegay seems to be reading the paper from the Priest out loud. "Rewards for completion will be awarded by the church of solaris in the city of Belgrad, located South of the Halfmoon citadel. Speak to father Temyr. You know, it doesn't say what the reward is anywhere on here..."

A few hours later

You arrive at the place designated on the map, and stop outside of the big gate. The sun has started setting, making the graveyard even gloomier than it is during the day. The graveyard is large, you suppose that multiple villages shared it's use at some point, and you see at least 400 gravestones, in various states of disrepair. Most are so weathered that you can hardly make out what's written on them, while others are almost gone completely. Three buildings stand amongst the gravestones. Two large buildings, one on the north side and one on east side. The building on the north side is a chapel, seeing as it has windows, while the one ont he eastern side seems like it is a large crypt, It's entrance barred with a large rusty gate. The smaller building also looks like a crypt, though much less impressive. It does seem as if the smaller crypt is in a much better state than the rest of the graveyard, how curious.

It seems the priest wasn't imagining things, half rotten people of days long past shamble amongst the gravestones, you count about 10 of them. A few of them wield rusty weapons, perhaps fallen guards or soldiers, but most of them don't even have all of their limbs, let alone anything resembling weapons. A peculiar figure seems to be guarding the door into the large crypt. It...seems like it's a man wearing a white blanket with two holes for eyes. huh.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

Take a position to oppose the armed zombies.
"I'll take care of these ones."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2014, 08:08:05 am »

Moskar stomped his way along, back straight and fists swinging at his sides. He stared down any townsfolk who happened to be out and about in his path, but for the most part he was feeling fairly content. The sun's warmth was calming him, he had a task to occupy himself- even if it was a fairly menial one- and he had finally managed to escape that noisy, mismatched band of people so intent on irritating him.

"Hi ho, Mr. Scaleyperson!"

"...What?"
The lizardman looked to his right, then grimaced. 'I suppose it was too good to be true, given my luck lately.'
He shook his head in exasperation and quickened his pace, which did little to deter the overly-cheerful zombie. It seemed odd to Moskar that one of the cheeriest and most grating of the group was the one who was more-or-less dead, but then again plenty of things seemed odd to Moskar in this place. He ignored most of her questions, occasionally answering with a wordless grunt if she was especially persistent.

It seemed like hours before they finally reached the graveyard, and at the sight of it Moskar growled in relief.
He tugged out his cleaver, cast a brief glance at the group following him, then shook his head again and marched forwards. His gleaming eyes alighted on the human figure in the graveyard, apparently draped in a white sheet. It looked unlike most spellcasters he had encountered in the past, but in Moskar's experience the undead- with the possible exception of this 'Tommo' creature- rarely strayed far from the magic that made them. He gripped his blade in anticipation of planting it in a skull. It had been far too long.

>Kick open the gate, if it's closed. If I'm unable to open it, climb over a low point on the fence or something.

>Head for that figure wearing the 'blanket'. Cut down any unfriendly zombies that get in my way, but my main goal is the suspected necromancer.

((Ninja'd by the turn! Whoops!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2014, 09:13:14 am »

"A-hah! I see what's happening here!"

Perform mighty leap (posterior first, limbs hanging near-limp, as is clown tradition) over the fence, landing in a backwards roll.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:32:11 am by Harry Baldman »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2014, 11:32:26 am »

"Ok! We can do this!"

Egen stands behind Seanna and blasts the hooded man with fire magic.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »

Neither the length of the trip nor Moskar's unsociable demeanor seem to dampen Tomo's spirits in the slightest- if anything, her mood only seems to improve as they arrive at the graveyard, as she takes in a great big double-lungful of the miasma of grave soil and undead flesh and lets out a nostalgic sigh.

"Such lovely weather~! You should have told Tomo that we were going to a graveyard, Mr. Scaleyperson!"

Follow Moskar in: if I pick up on any familiar magical energies, follow them to their source; otherwise, strike up a friendly conversation with the guy covered in the sheet, ideally before he gets hacked up or immolated. Blithely ignore the zombies unless I am directly attacked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:44:42 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2014, 09:53:11 am »

((Right, it's been over 24 hours since our last turn so I'm just going to make TCM's character follow the group. If any of you have an objection to this and would rather I wait for everyone to post in the future, just say so and it shall be done.))
>Kick open the gate, if it's closed. If I'm unable to open it, climb over a low point on the fence or something.

>Head for that figure wearing the 'blanket'. Cut down any unfriendly zombies that get in my way, but my main goal is the suspected necromancer.

You heft you might foot and kick the gate with your considerable might. The rusty iron gate shatters at the lock and swings open violently, the right side falling from its hinges onto the ground. That busniess concluded, you start going over to the blanket guy at a brisk pace. The zombies seem to be content on leaving you alone for the most part, but one of them stand right on your path to the crypt. You put your hand on your weapon and [6+1] heft the heavy cleaver into the air and bring it down right ontop of the zombie's head. The cleaver splits the skull easily, but now it's stuck inside of the zombie and its body is weighing it down. It takes you a second to free your weapon from its skull with a wet plop, but it doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Take a position to oppose the armed zombies.
After Moskar has brutally made an end to the menace that is the iron fence, you take a step inside and prepare for glorious battle. You face the area where most of the zombies are and take a fighting stance, making sure you're balanced and putting your hand on the grip of your sword hanging at your side. You stand like that for a second, but the zombies don't really seem all that interested in any of you.

Perform mighty leap (posterior first, limbs hanging near-limp, as is clown tradition) over the fence, landing in a backwards roll.
You ignore the fact that Moskar opened the gate, because such a boring entrance is not becoming fo a clown of your stature. You have a reputation to uphold, after all. You pick a somewhat lower section of the wall and take a running start. [9+1] You run towards the wall and jump towards it, putting your hands on the surface and pushing yourself further up, conserving momentum. From you perspective, the world goes topsy-turvy for a moment. From the perspective of those standing inside the graveyard a beardless dwarf dressed in bright colours just came hurtling over the wall, his bright red ass leading the charge, before landing in a double backwards roll and getting upright like a world-class gymnast. You hear a faint applause in the distance and, turning around, you see the man inside of the blanket clapping his hands. "Whoa...I mean..Uh....WHOOOooOOO I'm a ghost"

Egen stands behind Seanna and blasts the hooded man with fire magic.
You stand behind Seanna who is seems like a viper, coiled up and ready to strike. You try to remember some of the basics of fire magic you read in the book you've got with you. You focus your breathing and splay your hands. [1+1] You kind of just stand there, sweating and breathing heavily into Seanna's neck. You weirdo.

Follow Moskar in: if I pick up on any familiar magical energies, follow them to their source; otherwise, strike up a friendly conversation with the guy covered in the sheet, ideally before he gets hacked up or immolated. Blithely ignore the zombies unless I am directly attacked.

You waltz over towards the hooded figure, passing Moksar who seems to have some trouble getting his cleaver out of a dead zombie. You don't really feel any familiar magics, unless you count the feeling of death and necromancy, feelings you are quite familiar with. Your short journey is uneventful, as the zombies don't really seem to take interest in your group, but are simply content in shuffling and stumbling amongst the gravestones. You stand right in front of the hooded figure and speak.
"Hello, Mr. Ghost!"
"Hello there young miss, beautiful day today, isn't it?" He seems to remember something, and sighs deeply. The next words come out of him with great reluctance, and his voice is dripping with boredom. "I mean, tresspassers, mortals, you do not belong here. Before you stands a ghost summoned by the great necromancer Kenneth, and in all his blah blah blah, yada yada yada. I am bound to his service until the words of chaining are spoken aloud." He's quiet for a moment, then resumes speaking in a more normal tone. "The words of power are 'Kenneth is awesome', by the way. If one of you would be so kind as to release me from this pathetic spell, even being dead wasn't as boring as this."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2014, 10:01:51 am »

Seanna shifts slightly.
Uh... What are you doing?
((To the one breathing on my neck.))

((First combat in and the lesyay has already fucking started. Unintentionally too.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:52 am »

"Oh. Uh... sorry..." Egen steps back a bit, clearly embarassed.

((First combat in and the lesyay has already fucking started. Unintentionally too.))

((Emphasis on the unintentionally part.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2014, 10:30:43 am »

Okay... Seanna says, obviously confused at what is going on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:33:40 am by Gamerlord »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

"Um... Can we please focus on fighting the zombies again?" Egen says, trying to distract Seanna.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:06 am »

That would probably be best. Seanna says, filing this away to ask about later.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:41:50 am by Gamerlord »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2014, 10:36:22 am »

Egen nods, relieved.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:20 am »

"Hold on, my compatriots! I believe I hear a voice... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE! It is close... ah, I can hear its voice! The great spirit wants us... to find the abominable necromancer Kenneth desecrating this sacred place, humorously beat him into submission and bring him to justice! Yes, I am sure of it! Follow me, my allies! We must seek that horrible disturber of all things better left dead, Kenneth!"

Seek Kenneth if the ghost lets me pass. If not, scratch head and come up with better, secret plan.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »

((I'm fine with this, guess I just missed the update.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54