Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78915 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 05:31:39 am »

"I guess. I don't really have any other options at this point."

"I do hope you will find our company enjoyable, then! I suppose we can head out, then. When we come up with a good destination, that is. I wonder what help the priest needs with the crypts - couldn't hurt to find out, yes?"
"So, um... What do you all do? I mean, I was trained to be a swordswoman, but that's about all I'm capable of. Sorry."

((Nosegay, as I imagine him, looks like a shorter, dwarven-looking version of Joseph Grimaldi in his trademark costume.))
((WHAT THE FUCKING HELL YOU SICK FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOMINATION.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 05:54:35 am »

"And that's the big locations, there are lots of small villages, communes and even a few actual cities strewn across this land, but" He shrugs "I never actually leave here, so I wouldn't know where they are exactly"

Moskar listened, his yellowish eyes scanning the map with the occasional short growl of disdain. He seemed none-too-enthused with the jobs on offer. At the last part, however, he lost interest in the map altogether, looking up at the bartender with his features twisted into a derisive sneer.
"You... Never leave this place?" He seemed both surprised and disgusted by the idea.
"You spend your life here, ssitting around, pouring drinkss and... speaking to people?" The lizardman growled low in his throat, shaking his head slowly as he observed the human. "Whaat kind of life iss that?! Have you never tasted the blood of an enemy in your mouth? Never swung a ssword, again and again, until your arm is numb and limp from the effort? Never known the thrill, the greatesst of thrills, as the enemy ranks break annd open up, the foes scattering and running from your might?"

The lizardman seemed rather uncharacteristically worked up, shaking his scaly, scarred head again as he looked down at the bartop in thought.
"Coin sshould be torn from the cold, dead handsss of one's enemies, not feebly begged from others in exchange for some petty sservice. So it is in the desert," He added, with a solemn nod, then grimaced. "I suppose I am not in the desert any longer."

He looked back up at the bartender and gave a simple nod. "As you wissh, oh heroic barkeep," he said in a voice dripping with sarcasm, "I shall get for you these coinss that you value so highly." He took the map and tucked it away within his worn, patched leather armour, then strode imperiously towards the door without a glance at the others.

>Berate the bartender for being a boring, pitiful coward.

>Take map, agree to get him his money.

>Then, if it's daylight, head outside and sit in the sun for a while. Otherwise just go outside and think.

((Question for the GM: Do you want all the player characters to stick together? Moskar would rather not burden himself with them, but I'd be fine with sticking with them if it'd make things easier for you. :P
As for what Moskar Byal looks like, well... He's a tall, muscular lizardman with pale greenish-gold scales, lots of scars and unfriendly, yellowish eyes. All I have on hand is a sketch I did years ago of a lizardman, but it's not very good. Maybe I'll draw something better sometime.))

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 05:57:04 am »

((You could probably intimidate Seanna into coming with you if you wanted to.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 06:06:49 am »

"So, um... What do you all do? I mean, I was trained to be a swordswoman, but that's about all I'm capable of. Sorry."

"That sounds like a highly useful skill! No need to be ashamed!"

((WHAT THE FUCKING HELL YOU SICK FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOMINATION.))

((Like I mentioned, Joseph Grimaldi, one of the more definitive clowns in history. A little anachronistic, perhaps, but the character concept was one I greatly enjoyed thinking of.))

Moskar listened, his yellowish eyes scanning the map with the occasional short growl of disdain. He seemed none-too-enthused with the jobs on offer. At the last part, however, he lost interest in the map altogether, looking up at the bartender with his features twisted into a derisive sneer.
"You... Never leave this place?" He seemed both surprised and disgusted by the idea.
"You spend your life here, ssitting around, pouring drinkss and... speaking to people?" The lizardman growled low in his throat, shaking his head slowly as he observed the human. "Whaat kind of life iss that?! Have you never tasted the blood of an enemy in your mouth? Never swung a ssword, again and again, until your arm is numb and limp from the effort? Never known the thrill, the greatesst of thrills, as the enemy ranks break annd open up, the foes scattering and running from your might?"

The lizardman seemed rather uncharacteristically worked up, shaking his scaly, scarred head again as he looked down at the bartop in thought.
"Coin sshould be torn from the cold, dead handsss of one's enemies, not feebly begged from others in exchange for some petty sservice. So it is in the desert," He added, with a solemn nod, then grimaced. "I suppose I am not in the desert any longer."

He looked back up at the bartender and gave a simple nod. "As you wissh, oh heroic barkeep," he said in a voice dripping with sarcasm, "I shall get for you these coinss that you value so highly." He took the map and tucked it away within his worn, patched leather armour, then strode imperiously towards the door without a glance at the others.

>Then, if it's daylight, head outside and sit in the sun for a while. Otherwise just go outside and think.

"What a bitter, boring individual he must be to deal with," Nosegay mentions as soon as Moskar is out of sight.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:37 am »

"That sounds like a highly useful skill! No need to be ashamed!"
"But it's ALL I can do!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 06:25:03 am »

"But it's ALL I can do!"

"But you can learn to do more, no? Use the skills you have to live, and use the life you have to learn new skills! And there's no better way to do that than to continually challenge yourself, yes?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 06:54:59 am »

"*sigh* I guess.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 07:58:14 am »

(OOC: Do I wait for a chance to get in to the game or do I tell one of the extant characters what to do?)
(EDIT: Do I have to wait until someone dies to get in or will events happen that introduce new chars?)
((Yes, you'll have to wait until someone dies for now. I might let in more people if it seems I'll be able to handle it. But right now I don't really know how much time 6 people will take yet. I'm also in the middle of examns right now, so it won't be for a while yet. sorry))

((Question, what do we all look like? Seanna - in my mind - looks just like a human girl with red hair, fox ears and a tail. What about everyone else?))
((well, I have a certain view of all of you in my mind, but that isn't necessarely what's right. honestly, most of you are humanoid enough so that you can pass as normal humans with a disguise, our lizard excluded. Also, since I remember you asking, kitsune's are apparently born when a fox is around 50-100 years old and puts a skull or a bunch of reeds on its head, which grants him magical powers somehow. Japanese folklore is weird.))

"And that's the big locations, there are lots of small villages, communes and even a few actual cities strewn across this land, but" He shrugs "I never actually leave here, so I wouldn't know where they are exactly"

((Question for the GM: Do you want all the player characters to stick together? Moskar would rather not burden himself with them, but I'd be fine with sticking with them if it'd make things easier for you. :P
As for what Moskar Byal looks like, well... He's a tall, muscular lizardman with pale greenish-gold scales, lots of scars and unfriendly, yellowish eyes. All I have on hand is a sketch I did years ago of a lizardman, but it's not very good. Maybe I'll draw something better sometime.))

You leap up from your seat, furious at the thought of this weakling not making his fortune through glorious war. You curl your lip and let a vicious snarl. The bartender, in return, stands there calmly polishing his glass, looking you straight in the eye. You figure he simply doesn't know to appreciate true strength, snatch one of the maps and go outside. You go outside, passing the general store and the blacksmith until you come to the chapel courtyard. The sun is shining, so you sit down on the grass and let your mind wander a bit, enjoying the warmth on your scales.

((Nope, you don't need to stick together, I'm perfectly fine with people splitting off))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:50 am »

((Didn't actually know that about the kitsune myth. Huh. Probably should have done some actual research on it before making the character... Eh. I just thought kitsune are kinda awesome and I couldn't pass up the chance to play a kitsune samurai.))

((Also can you drop a plot hook in our laps, oh GM of ours? Or we might just sit here until all of our character development is done through just talking and we become *shudder* well-balanced members of society. The thought is awful.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:08:14 am by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 08:15:08 am »

((Didn't actually know that about the kitsune myth. Huh. Probably should have done some actual research on it before making the character... Eh. I just thought kitsune are kinda awesome and I couldn't pass up the chance to play a kitsune samurai.))

((Also can you drop a plot hook in our laps, oh GM of ours? Or we might just sit here until all of our character development is done through just talking and we become *shudder* well-balanced members of society. The thought is awful.))

((We already have plot hooks, as evidenced by the innkeeper's explanation of places of interest.))

"Hmm, yeah sure, give me a second. I'll go see what's on the notice board in the back. You see him go to the board and rip off a bunch of papers, looking through them on his way back. "horoscope, no...enlarge your...no....free bottle of wine with every boar, ooh...ah here we go, job notices. So seems the priest had some trouble with the crypts just outside of town. The blacksmith wants a delivery to be made to one of towns to our north. And the silver knights over at half moon citadel have a sizeable reward for anyone who can give them information about this fog. But if anyone knew, I'm sure they'd have solved this already"

((This bit, to be exact.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:33 am »

((That was to the lizardman I think, not us.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2014, 08:20:50 am »

((Well, yes, but since we're all standing together in the same room, presumably in relatively close proximity to one another, it's not a stretch to assume we heard it too. Don't see a reason for the innkeeper to lean in and whisper to the guy, anyway.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2014, 08:27:36 am »

((I guess. Quick question - last one, I promise - just what sort of game are we doing here? Are we going to be going for power at any cost? Helping people? Spreading beautiful, beautiful chaos? Oh and this question is for the other players. Need to know so I can adjust my RPing accordingly.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:33 am »

((I'm definitely not planning to be chaotic evil, if that's what you're asking. Or trying to get much power, for that matter. I guess that leaves moral, non-psychotic behavior as the most likely choice of the three.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:46 am »

((Excellent.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54