Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79251 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : slippery business
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

*brohugs Pancaek*
It's cool man, we can wait.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : slippery business
« Reply #466 on: April 26, 2014, 03:55:35 am »

((Grblrghrgbh...I AM SO SORRY I FORGOT I DIDN'T POST))

This doesn't look good to me. Something's off. Any idiot could have walked in like this and took whatever. The door isn't even locked. It seems to me that somebody is underestimating me.

Attempt to climb and peek into a second floor window.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

At the arcane tower

Test out the magitar. Show off its awesomeness.

You put the sling over your head and grasp the neck with your hand. You flip the switch at the bottom, a soft hum coming from the crystals as they power up. Using your insect claws as an impromptu guitar pick, you try your hand at making this thing work.

[2] You suddenly realize that you haven't actually played a guitar since, well, ever. You awkwardly strum the guitar, which emits a sort of pained screeching noise. On the other side of the room, a pot violently breaks, sending the water and the flowers within tumbling to the ground.

"Woah, dude, far out. Why don't you give it another shot? I'll go get another flower pot later, don't worry about that"

[9] Getting the hang of this, your claws start picking and swiping the strings. You can feel the raw power of the crystals every time you touch the strings, and soon you rrandom swiping begins taking form, as if the powers themselves are pulling you toward this melody. From out of nowhere, the sounds of backing up instruments appear and you start truly getting into it, playing a song that leaves poncho staring mouth open, his body subconsciously moving with the rhytm. Once you finish, panting and sweating, you see that small electrical arcs are coursing over the strings and the head of the neck, slowly dissapating over time.

"Dude, bro, that was amazing."

((Basically, the second time nothing happened because you rolled well without trying to channel it. Just thought I'd make that clear.))

In the garden of a rather charming little cottage.
Start discreetly pulling the clown away from the Vegetable Priest.
"Interesting! Tell me, sir, how do you feel about bell peppers? Are they also not deceptively vegetable-like fruits? And what is your opinion on nuts? And most importantly, may I have a free potato hat if I promise to spread the good word?"

Askety ask!
Seanna grabs Nosegay's sleeve, trying to get him to leave the company of the weird priest with the potato hat. Nosegay, however, seems intent and staying and questioning the priest further.

"Very astute, young man. Bell peppers can indeed be decptively vegetable like. However, the difference between the bell pepper and the tomato is simply that the bell pepper is a fruit that wishes nothing more than to live in harmony with his vegetable brethren, while the tomato wishes to trick is into thinking that it is, in fact, a vegetable. As for nuts, well, same thing really. They are happy simply being nuts, they feel not the need to lie and decieve." He goes to a chest and pulls out a brown hat like his, only without the vegetables on it. "Here you go, brother, simply put a seed or vegetable into the fabric of the hat and it will be as if it was planted into the best soil magic can enchant. Feel free to grab some from the garden, if you so wish."

At a rather large mansion.

((Grblrghrgbh...I AM SO SORRY I FORGOT I DIDN'T POST))

This doesn't look good to me. Something's off. Any idiot could have walked in like this and took whatever. The door isn't even locked. It seems to me that somebody is underestimating me.

Attempt to climb and peek into a second floor window.
Feeling as if things are going far too easily, you head outside to inspect some more. You [3] climb the drain pipe to the second floor window and peek through. It shows a dark room, the door the hallway is open. As you emerge from beneath the windowsill to look into the room, a small figure emerges from the right of the door and stop before the doorway. It looks like a small girl, dressed in an evening gown and holding a candle. She looks away from the door and then into the room. As she turns her head towards the room the light from the candle shows two hollow eyesockets and a shinging face more akin to a skull.

Upon seeing this you panic slightly and lose your grip on the pipe, falling to the ground. You land on the wet grass and land quite hard. You sprain your wrist pretty bad, looks like you won't be putting any weight on that any time soon. Luckily, it seems that your fall wasn't loud, no-one has noticed you are here, yet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Many thanks! I shall strive to spread the way of the vegetable where'er I go! Goodbye, and vegetablespeed, my friend!" Nosegay says as he permits himself to be dragged out of the house without much issue.

Secure hat on my person. This is quite the artifact, after all! Then follow Seanna! She seems like she has a plan.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

((So it's basically an electric crystal guitar, right? NOICE))

Ask the poncho man what I should do with my findings. Ask if he has any other metals available for testing, I imagine a mithril guitar would sound amazing.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's pretty much an artifact powered by the power of rock. Electric is simply its neutral setting, but as the vase can testify, not the only thing it can do. Just going to spoil something here, but getting better components might give some bonuses for its use. Small ones, and they won't affect the powers.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'I've lost my swordarm. Hardly going to do much fighting without that.'
That was Moskar Byal's only coherent thought at this moment in time, and most likely his last. He had been staring daggers at the cowardly sorcerer, but tore his eyes away to watch his impending doom at the hands of the weak man's magical pet. A poor way to die.
The lizardman calmed his expression, straightened his back against the ground and awaited his end with the stoicalness his people were taught to show before Ehn, out of respect for the god of death who had to put up with with the piteous screams and wretched begging of many lesser beings daily.

Await my end, I suppose. Maintain my dignity as I prepare to meet the god of death.
Unless I can somehow summon the strength to roll aside, crawl over to the mage and tear out his throat, but that seems unlikely.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So, just making sure you aren't missing this, since it's been quite a while since the last update. But am I correct in assuming you're just going to ignore the bright purple voice in your head?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

(Oh god why are the two of them following me now?)

Head back to the noblewoman if we do not know where she encountered this trickster and then head to that location.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Fuck. Did I see what I just saw? Yes, yes, we have seen worse. I must know. Or must I? No, wait. Decide later. Can't leave empty-handed. Our luck tonight is thin and sharp as kifers. We must not tarry. Or...

Enter the kitchen through the door and put the most valuable-looking cutlery into my pack. Make sure it does not jingle: wrap it in a tablecloth if I have to.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomo continues to marvel at the strange people and foreign architecture of the fortress as she heads towards the administrative building/keep, despite having to almost jog to keep up with the giant's long stride; she'd only seen these sorts of stone castles from the outside before, and usually from a great distance!

Navigating the throng of petty bureaucrats inside helps to focus her mind on her mission somewhat, but this is soon lost when she actually arrives at the war room: she spends several long moments just hanging onto the door, gawking slack-jawed at the three imposing figures-- it was obvious who the big boss man was around here!-- and the spear leaning against the wall.

...So heroic.

And shiny.

"So... shiny..." she murmurs as she slowly enters the room, eyes fixated on the magic spear and forgetting even to feign breathing as she creeps towards it.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inside a delightful little cottage

"Many thanks! I shall strive to spread the way of the vegetable where'er I go! Goodbye, and vegetablespeed, my friend!" Nosegay says as he permits himself to be dragged out of the house without much issue.

Secure hat on my person. This is quite the artifact, after all! Then follow Seanna! She seems like she has a plan.
(Oh god why are the two of them following me now?)

Head back to the noblewoman if we do not know where she encountered this trickster and then head to that location.

Nosegay puts the hat on his head. The brown thing immediatly sags, collapsing. It rather looks like he's wearing a particularely sad brown baret. Then he follows around Seanna, who seems to know where she's heading. Remebering what Lady Loradove told you, you both head out into the nearby forest until you arrive at a small ruins.

The ruins are little more than some crumbling walls, overgrown with plantlife. In front of the ruins is a nice little fountain, with two benches to its sides. A man sits on one of the benches, munching on an apple. His cane is resting against the side of the bench, and he is wearing a suit.

In the arcane tower
((So it's basically an electric crystal guitar, right? NOICE))

Ask the poncho man what I should do with my findings. Ask if he has any other metals available for testing, I imagine a mithril guitar would sound amazing.
"I don't know man. I mean, you used almost all of the good crystals we had left. The only one's we've got right now are empty. As for metals, if I remember my magical engineering seminar correctly, the metal itself doesn't really matter much. Pure mithril, for example, only conducts magic like 5% better than silver.

I guess you could, like, tour. You can take the empty crystals, and If you ever find a large enough source of magic for them to absorb you might be able to make more instruments. Or just keep the one you've got and become the best friggin' minstrel ever.

The sky is the limit, dude!"

On a bloody road heading west
'I've lost my swordarm. Hardly going to do much fighting without that.'
That was Moskar Byal's only coherent thought at this moment in time, and most likely his last. He had been staring daggers at the cowardly sorcerer, but tore his eyes away to watch his impending doom at the hands of the weak man's magical pet. A poor way to die.
The lizardman calmed his expression, straightened his back against the ground and awaited his end with the stoicalness his people were taught to show before Ehn, out of respect for the god of death who had to put up with with the piteous screams and wretched begging of many lesser beings daily.

Await my end, I suppose. Maintain my dignity as I prepare to meet the god of death.
Unless I can somehow summon the strength to roll aside, crawl over to the mage and tear out his throat, but that seems unlikely.

Feeling that this is the end, Moskar ignores the voice in his head and prepares to meet his doom. The ice being's axe arm starts coming down, and everything seems at an end.

"Just my luck, you're one of them honorable types who don't deal with magic, aren't you? Well, I'm not rusting away on no road, so get ready to fight for yer life."

The arm, the only part from the shade's armour that is still whole, practically flies towards Moskar. It clings onto his shoulder, sending a wave of pain thorughout his body the likes of which he's never felt. Carried byt the momentum of its flight, the arm smacks the axe arm [4] Just hard enough so that it doesn't come down on Moskar's chest. Instead, it lands onto his other hand, splitting his hand and most of his forearm in half.

"Look, I know you don't like me, but it's high time you let go of your stubborness and work with me. Just join with me and let me drink your blood, and we can help each other get out of this mess."

Just outside a certain mansion
Fuck. Did I see what I just saw? Yes, yes, we have seen worse. I must know. Or must I? No, wait. Decide later. Can't leave empty-handed. Our luck tonight is thin and sharp as kifers. We must not tarry. Or...

Enter the kitchen through the door and put the most valuable-looking cutlery into my pack. Make sure it does not jingle: wrap it in a tablecloth if I have to.
You silently open the door to the kitchen, being really careful not to make a sound. Taking a quick look around, it seems like nobody is in the vicinity, no footsteps are to be heard and no light can be seen thorugh the door leading deeper into the mansion.

You look around the kitchen and pilfer through the cupboards. [8+1] your eyes fall on a set of cutlery at the back of the middle cupboard. They are highly polished silver, the handles inlaid with small gems. They're in a small box, inlaid with the name of smith in silver letters. You put the box into your pack, making sure it won't make any noise as you move.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomo continues to marvel at the strange people and foreign architecture of the fortress as she heads towards the administrative building/keep, despite having to almost jog to keep up with the giant's long stride; she'd only seen these sorts of stone castles from the outside before, and usually from a great distance!

Navigating the throng of petty bureaucrats inside helps to focus her mind on her mission somewhat, but this is soon lost when she actually arrives at the war room: she spends several long moments just hanging onto the door, gawking slack-jawed at the three imposing figures-- it was obvious who the big boss man was around here!-- and the spear leaning against the wall.

...So heroic.

And shiny.

"So... shiny..." she murmurs as she slowly enters the room, eyes fixated on the magic spear and forgetting even to feign breathing as she creeps towards it.
Spoiler: Dem OOC (click to show/hide)

"All right, any word from the dwarves yet?" The tall, armoured man asks, adressing the dwarf.

The dwarf sighs "No, we sent a search party over a week ago, but they haven't returned yet. It's like the entire mountain just went...dead. I'd suggest...we....." The dwarf trails off, and his eyes seem to follow something at the side of the table. The armoured man looks up, and follows the dwarf's gaze to a small woman why is gingerly inching closer towards the spear resting against the wall, muttering incoherently. When she finally reaches the spear, she puts her hand into its shaft and lovingly caresses it up and down. This goes on for about a solid minute or two, while the people in room stare dumbfounded.

Finally, the armoured man speaks up. "Ahem, excuse me, miss? Could I ask you to stop rubbing my spear? Who are you, even?"

Spoiler: OOc: gm question (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

"Um, hello sir?"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54