Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79267 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Knowledge is the fuel to growth
« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2014, 10:45:07 am »

((Oh god, I've totally neglected updating again. I would love to say that I've been really busy, but the truth is that I've just been playing world of tanks a lot. I'm sorry, It's so much fun though))

At the church of Solaris
Return to the temple! Seek advice about Silak the trickster god!
Try and help Egen get patched up.

Seanna tries to help Egen, but Egen simply takes a step back and gets up by herself. Though bruised and with a sore shoulder, she seems to otherwise be fine.

Following Nosegay, our trio heads to the church once more. The monks are initially wary of three people who smell like they were in a burning building, but after Nosegay explains that they are simply here to ask for information they seem to relax a bit. They do not, however, seem to have any information you don't already have. One of the priests does push a flyer into your hands before trotting off. It says "How worshipping Solaris can help you become a better man"

At the Arcane tower
Try explaining again.
[3] You grab the poncho'd mage by his shoulders, bringing your insectoid face close to his. YOu stare into his eyes and, again, explain what you want in the language of your people, slow and hushed clicks and chitters.

"Yeah, uh, you're kind of creeping me out here, insect dude."

Moskar bares his fangs as the giant drags him behind the rock.
He glances out, sees the approaching figures, and thinks better of speaking for now. Instead, he just shoots a scowl at his companion, tugs out his cleaver and shrugs the shield off of his broad, scaly back. It seems it is time to fight... he can't argue with that, really.

>Draw cleaver+shield, remain behind the rock in cover from the arrows for now.

>Ready myself to attack anyone who comes into view around the boulder. Keep a close eye on this armoured giant, too- try and figure out if he seems to be in league with the attackers or what-not.
You decide that now is not the time to question the armoured man. You grip tight your cleaver and get your shield snugly in place. As you peek around the corner you can still see the two figures in the treeline, they seem to be repositioning. Of the three attackers who were rushing towards the treeline, one has stopped in the middle of the road, the other two now closing in fast. You can feel your blood warming up, your scales itching. Time for battle.

The frist attacker comes around the corner at a sprint, slashing his blade at you. You [5+1] vs [6] Get your shield up just in time to deflect the blade. The attacker keeps going, and suddenly spins around and leaps toward you, blade first. [4+1] vs [4] You are able to get the shield up just in time to deflect a somewhat misaimed slash. Seeing your oponent stumble slightly, you press the attack. [6+1] vs [7] You sweep your cleaver at him, but he manages to evade your blow right on time. Getting rather angry at you attacker, you try a different tactic. [7+1] vs [1] You snarl and leap toward the man, who is so confused by the sudden shift in tactics that he fails to move at all. You slam your shield in his face, sending him falling towards the ground with a shattered nose. [3+1] vs [2] You bring down your cleaver, but not as fast as you'd have liked. The man however is so dazed by the attack that he cannot get out of the way in time and the cleaver is embedded deep withing his chest with a wet thud.

While pulling out your cleaver, you glance behind you to the armoured man, who seems to be having similar trouble with the fast and agile attacker. The attacker manages to get behind him, and sticks his sword through the slit at the base of the neck, the point now portruding from the faceguard. As he quickly attaempts to retract his blade, however, The enitre helmet comes off as well. The armoured man doesn't have a head, and only a faint shimmer can be seen where the head is suppsoed to be. The attacker, astonished by this, fails to react for a second. This is all the time the armoured man need to turn around and slam his fist into his stomach. The attacker reels backwards, but strong armoured hands grab the sides of his head and start slamming him against the rock. What happens next is like the making of a particularely bloody omelet.

After he is done smashing the attacker, he tosses the body to the ground. "Questions later. Two archers remain. Man on road also a problem, perhaps-" He is cut short, however, by the fact the left side of the rock you are standing behind simply explodes. The two of you get staggered, but are otherwise fine. You can hear a whiny voice coming from the road. "Just give up, you silly rustbucket! Let us take you for the betterment of all!"

At a certain manor
Wait until nightfall, then use the crowbar to quietly bend two bars in the mansion's fence away from each other, so I can then wiggle through.
You wait until nightfall, making yourself look as non-suspicious as possible. After it gets sufficiently dark, you make your move. You pick out a piece of the fence that is somewhat hidden from sight and begin bending it. [7] You manage to make a big enoug hole for you to wiggle through, and do so. You prowl around the garden you are in now, trying to get a feel for how to go on from here on out. There don't seem to be any dogs or guards patrolling the garden, but you do spot a man standing before the front doors.

Wander around the fort and ask people where I can find the cumm co-man ...The Big Boss Guy!
Not quite knowing where you are supposed to go, you walk up to the first group of people you come across. These happen to two hill gaints from the northlands. As you interrupt their conversation and ask where the big boss guy is, the one on the right smiles. He stands up, getting to his full height of close to 3,5 meters, and motions you to follow. He walks to a rather large road, and point toward a large building. He speaks in the gutteral dialect of northmen. "The lancer lord sits on his throne in the central building. Follow this patch and you cannot go wrong. Take care, little one." And with that, he returns to his companion.

You follow the road the giant pointed out and arrive at the central building. No-one seems to bother you as you walk around inside, the people seeming busy carrying all sorts of documents around. You enter a large room, with three people standing around a large table, staring at a bunch of maps. One of them is a dwarf with a very big, and very red beard. The other is a young woman in fancy green robes. The third man is the most striking of the three. He is clad in grey armour inscribed with all kinds of runes. His helmet sits on the table, a large red plume sticking out of the top. His eye colour constantly switches between bright amber and a deep green. Behind him, leaning against the wall, is a beautiful spear, it's blade a slightly glowing white metal.

None of them seem to have noticed you yet.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2014, 11:44:04 am »

"Rogan, you take point and open up the door. I'll go in right behind you. Terry, watch our backs, okay?"

Enact Operation Cow Pen.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 29, 2014, 11:44:54 am »

"How can I be a better man? I'm a girl!"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2014, 11:45:25 am »

"I think it's supposed to mean person, not man."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2014, 01:31:18 pm »

"Soooooo..."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 29, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 29, 2014, 03:06:01 pm »

"Ask yourself - who would need to know how to be a better man? A woman, that's who. Men already know how to be better men, obviously. It's the women that live in ignorance of such things."

Ach! We must track down this god creature! Check if there are any other cults in town apart from the boring sun god people.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 29, 2014, 03:31:31 pm »

Try one last time. If I fail again, cry racism and wander off.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 29, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

Try one last time. If I fail again, cry racism and wander off.
((you know, just to be sure there hasn't been a misunderstanding here. You won't have to roll for speech if you actually type out what your character is saying.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 30, 2014, 07:06:23 am »

Nip around to the back of the house to see if there's a servant entrance or any unmonitored windows.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 30, 2014, 09:35:15 am »

Moskar bared his fangs and hissed in displeasure as the rock exploded.
"Hrsss. A caster." He cast a brief glance towards his bizarre ally as he regained his balance.
"Split up, russh them. Try not to get hit." With that, he ran towards the figure standing on the road, cleaver clutched in a fist.

>Sprint towards the caster(?) on the road, zig-zagging to dodge the archers if it takes me more than a couple of seconds to reach him.

>Split his cowardly skull with my cleaver.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : slippery business
« Reply #446 on: April 08, 2014, 05:16:59 pm »

((After an impromtu 10 day hiatus, we are back. Try not to get your hopes up too much, however, I'm still rather busy.))

In a small farming community

Natasha, Terry and Rogan exchange nods of agreement and taek their respective positions at the door. With Rogan on point the trio opens the door and bursts inside. What they find is...troubling. One of the cows is on the ground in the middle of the pen, lying in a pool of blood and with cuts an teethmarks all over its body. Around it are a bunch of trampled cabbages and two squashed pumpkins. No large animals, bandits or rogue necromancers are inside, only the dead cow, the ruined vegtables and a bunch of very scared bovines.

Natasha suddenly sees movement in the corner of her eye and quickly darts towards it. She doesn't get to it in time, as whatever it was seems have slipped outside thoruh a hole in the back wall. The hole is large enough for an average dog to go thorugh it, and seems to lead to the corn field.

In the temple of Solaris.
Nosegay, being the inquisitive clown he is, leaves the temple with his companions and goes to look for other cults in this town. After lots of looking around and asking around, it seems that this town contains two more cult groups: The cult of the Pale rider and the cult of Vegetable Dominion. Neither of which seem to have much to do with gods fo trcikery and mischief.

At the arcane tower

[10] You suddenly realize that you're speaking in the wrong language and correct yourself. After listening for a good five minutes, the mage interrupts you. "Oh man, I totally know what you're talking about! That research was so rad, but we didn't really know what to do with it. There's a couple of prototypes still left in the common hall a few floors above us."

At a certain mansion

You stalk around to the back of the house. There are a few open windows one floor above ground level, and a door you guess must be the servant entrance. You cannot see any lights inside. you crawl up to the door and, on a hunch, gingerly check the handle. Very slowly, as to not make any sound, you turn the handle. It gives way without any problem, seems the door is unlocked.

On a road heading west

Before the armored man can respond, you dash out from behind your rock and start to run ina zigzag pattern towards the mage. The man throws up his and shards of ice form in the air, hurtling towards you. [6] vs [2+1] The shards don't seem quite as big as they should be, but they're certainly fast enough so that you are unable to dodge them. You [7+1] Ignore the impact of the shards, the sharp ice bouncing harmlessly off of your scales. Now fast closing the distance the man throws his hands up once more and screams.

"You moronic grassfeeders! Shoot it!"

Arrows fail to materialize and the man risks a glance behind him. [8] Seeing this as the perfect oppertunity, you rush directly for the mage and  swing your cleaver. [2+1] vs [10] The man, with a speed you didn't expect from someone wearing long robes, quickly dashes out of your way and redirects his spell towards the ground. The ice spreads quickly, and envelops your feet. The mage scrambles back to put some distance between the two of you.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 08, 2014, 07:40:21 pm »

Use science-blacksmith powers to continue research. Look for any other possible uses for the crystals.

((sonic weapons sonic weapons sonic weapons cmoooon))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »

Ask the noblewoman where the encounter was if we haven't asked already and then head on over there.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 08, 2014, 11:46:41 pm »

"Hold on! I believe the Cult of Vegetable Dominion may have the answers we seek! The name fills me with optimism!"

Seek out the Cult of Vegetable Dominion. Ask them about Silak!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54