Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79265 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Knowledge is the fuel to growth
« Reply #420 on: March 16, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

Moskar Byal considered his next move for a while, just standing in the sun in no real hurry to go anywhere.
He hadn't heard of any overly enticing opportunities in this strange, miserable land, but he was sure there was something if he looked hard enough. From what he'd heard, tensions must be almost at boiling point with the realm having been closed off from the world for so long. If things hadn't escalated into open bloodshed already, the lizardman doubted it would be very long before they did.

Eventually he moved off, walking Westwards. These elves and humans were sure to start fighting each other sooner or later, he figured.
He would fight for whichever side had more coin to offer him.

>Find a large/central road heading west, follow it.
Watch for any fellow travellers, inspect them. Keep an eye out for any interesting happenings or people along the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2014, 01:49:04 am »

"O-kay~!" Tomo snaps off a salute with her free hand, turns on her heel, and takes three steps before stopping, looking around and scratching at her head.

"...Tomo has no idea where that is."

Wander aimlessly around the fort and ask anyone/everyone I meet for directions to the bear racks!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »

At the lake tower
Explain magic music crystals. Ask for research grant, or at least the resources to continue research.
You look at the mage in the poncha, trying to find the words to explain what you want. [4] You make a bunch of clicking noises and wave your hands excitedly in the air. The mage doesn't seem to understand what you are trying to convey, however.

"Yeah, insect dude. This place is totally rad, I know. But seriously, why are you here?"

In Belgrad Market
Go to the market and buy a crowbar, some climbing gear, and a hacksaw. Preferrably from different people, because it's mighty suspicious otherwise.
You circle back around and go shopping in the market. You go from stall to stall, buying one item at a time. After some time you emerge back out from the market with everything you need, all bought from different vendors in different parts of the market.

Lost 40G, gained hacksaw, crowbar, climbing gear

Cast healing magics on myself to relocate my shoulder and fix any minor wounds.
Sitting up, you focus your mind and put your hand on your dislocated shoulder. [3+1] You close your eyes and put every fiber of your being toward healing your wounds, but to no avail. The healing magic doesn't seem to want to come, and your shoulder snaps painfully into place. Your scrapes and bruises, however, remain.

'Splain comprehensively!
You give your explenation to the woman with much flair and bravado. She raises one of her eyebrows, but otherwise remains silent during your story.

"He was ranting about elves then? That's unusual. We've got plenty of people who don't particularely like the old elves, but uh..." She looks over to her partner, who is finishing up dousing the flames. "Torching libraries is a new one. Anyway, thanks for distracting this guy long enough to keep him from burning the entire building down. We'll take him to lockup." And with that the woman and the man grab the rogue mage and drag him outside, leaving you in the bruned out library.

At a small farming village
"Nope, no questions! Let's go!"

Natasha turns to the two men accompanying her, "So, who are you fellas'?"

Start quest, engage in conversation.
The old man again starts to say something, but you signla the other two man and head outside, cutting him off. You move to the field, chatting along the way. The tall, bearded man witht he axe speaks up first. "Well, I'm Rogan. I come from the northlands. Been travelling some time now, working as a merc'. This here is Terry." He points to the man with the longbow. "Pleasure to meet you. As he said, my name is Terry. Used to be a guardsman, but that shit is boring as hell. So I left and became a bounty hunter. Me and Rogan teamed up a while back, and now we're here to make some extra dosh. Not a lot of easy bounties left after 6 months is magical lockdown." He chuckles, and you arrive at the fields.

The three of you stand guard, patrolling the fields. Night falls, and still nothing has happened. You begin to wonder wether the old man isn't just going senile, when you hear a load noise. "Sound like one of the cows in the pen is panicking. What should we do?"

On a lonesome road.

>Find a large/central road heading west, follow it.
Watch for any fellow travellers, inspect them. Keep an eye out for any interesting happenings or people along the way.

You look for the largest road, and follow it westwards. After some time, the road seems to veer to the north for a while, on account of a rather large lake. By the time it it splits back west, the signpost reads "North: Maheric Bridge. West: Elven KIngdom." You decide to go west anyway, seeing as these elves might pay better than the humans.

Along the road, you see a a figure heading towards you in the distance. When he comes closer, you see that it's a giant man clad in rusted armour, well over two meters tall. He doesn't seem to be wearing any weapons however. When you pass him he doesn't even acknowledge your presence, but just keeps walking, mumbling something under his breath.

Suddenly, someone grabs your cloak and pulls you hard to the ground. The giant man jumps onto your back. Even from your position where you are eating dirt, you can see arrows landing around you. After a few second the man heaves you back onto your feet, and drags you into a run. His voice is Rough and monotone "Ambush. After me. They care not about collateral. Arm yourself." You both run behind a large rock. You press yourself to the rock and take a peek. You can sort of make out two humanoid figures within the treeline, and another three running towards the rock. Oh dear.

Wander aimlessly around the fort and ask anyone/everyone I meet for directions to the bear racks!
You wander around the fort, and stop to ask a group of very gruff looking soldiers for the way to the bear racks. The soldiers are greatly amused by your pronounciation and the fact that you're carrying a grwon man over your soldiers. Honestly, it seems that everyone here is pretty relaxed. They give you directions to the barracks, and wave goodbye.

Once you arrive at the barracks, you head to the man the messenger told you to talk to. He is a rather large, scarred man in uniform. "Aigh, what do ye want? Oh, Heglen send you? That does sound like him, just running off like that. Well, if you want, we can certainly take that hogtied criminal off of your hands. No problem. Would you like to ask him anything, or are just going to go see the commander?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »

Try and help Egen get patched up.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2014, 01:17:11 am »

Try explaining again.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2014, 09:46:20 am »

"I'll be fine," Egen protests, taking a step back.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2014, 10:06:03 am »

"I'll be fine," Egen protests, taking a step back.
"I-if you're sure."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

"Well! Shall we seek adventure?"

Return to the temple! Seek advice about Silak the trickster god!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2014, 10:32:22 am »

"I-if you're sure."

"I'm sure," Egen says, quickly turning around to hide her embarrassment.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2014, 10:53:08 am »

Moskar bares his fangs as the giant drags him behind the rock.
He glances out, sees the approaching figures, and thinks better of speaking for now. Instead, he just shoots a scowl at his companion, tugs out his cleaver and shrugs the shield off of his broad, scaly back. It seems it is time to fight... he can't argue with that, really.

>Draw cleaver+shield, remain behind the rock in cover from the arrows for now.

>Ready myself to attack anyone who comes into view around the boulder. Keep a close eye on this armoured giant, too- try and figure out if he seems to be in league with the attackers or what-not.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2014, 11:04:15 am »

"I-if you're sure."

"I'm sure," Egen says, quickly turning around to hide her embarrassment.
Seanna quickly busies herself picking up fallen books and dividing them into 'salvageable' and 'damaged-beyond-repair'.
"What do you think was wrong with that man? The fire mage I mean."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2014, 11:07:44 am »

Seanna quickly busies herself picking up fallen books and dividing them into 'salvageable' and 'damaged-beyond-repair'.

Egen helps Seanna sort the books, "He just hated elves. I don't know why, but..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:57 am »

"Well, obviously there were problems in his life and society that he could not resolve in any way, so he instead assigned blame and chose to engage in misguided violent acts to make himself feel like he was contributing to society! It's a common issue with the criminally stupid, I hear!"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2014, 12:38:57 am »

Wait until nightfall, then use the crowbar to quietly bend two bars in the mansion's fence away from each other, so I can then wiggle through.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2014, 09:02:20 pm »

Tomo taps thoughtfully at her chin for a couple moments as she considers the Sergeant's offer, but soon shakes her head.
"Tomo is not very good at that questioning stuff, so Tomo will be leaving that to the ekusu... ekss... purr... you guys!"

Ruffian unceremoniously dumped on the nearest available piece of furniture, Tomo spins on her heel to face the Sergeant, and snaps him a grin and a salute. "O-kay~!"

She sprints for the door-- assuming she doesn't belt headlong into someone in the hallway, it only takes her a couple strides to realize that she has no idea where the commander is, either.

Wander around the fort and ask people where I can find the cumm co-man ...The Big Boss Guy!

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54