Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79304 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : High society tea party
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2014, 02:50:45 pm »

To the mage tower!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:30 pm »

"What fascinating information! I think we're on to something, people!"

Check details on the two likely suspect gods, and any differences between them.
Assist.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »

Smiling, Zenn puts the coins on the counter and goes to check out the room.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 05, 2014, 03:03:33 pm »

Assist.
Assist.

We'll do some actual useful actions when we start looking for this guy, obviously.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 06, 2014, 05:24:25 am »

Moskar nodded once to himself with satisfaction, setting his shield on the table and slithering out of his grimy armour.
He tossed that to one side of the room, then curled up on the bed, placing his cleaver within easy reach to one side.
'Tomorrow, I might as well go pay that damned innkeep. After that, I've no idea.' He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

>Keeping my cleaver within reach, get some sleep.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Knowledge is the fuel to growth
« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »

Assist.
Assist.
Our trio spend even more hours scouring the books and cross referencing information. besides the obvious difference that they come from different ends of the continent, there seem to be diffrences in appearance and victims. Silak seems to be known to toy with upstanding citizens, while Clouder-of-eyes is known to take more simple minded savages and tribals as his preffered victims. Silak, thusly, is often depicted as a well dressed gentleman, while clouder-of-eyes is often depicted as a tribal shaman or giant berserker.

The three of you start to gather even more books, when a small, fat man with glasses runs past your table. "RUN! RUN! THE INSANE MAGE IS GOING TO KILL US ALL!"

You briefly wonder what the hell he's shouting about, when the historical section three rows down bursts into flame. "Yes, YES! BURN! All this information, nothing but falsehoods. Heeheehaheeee.... All planted here by the elven spies.... They wish to poison the minds of our people! BUT I WON'T LET THEM!" Magical fire surges through the air, like a horizontal torrent, chruning and twisting as it becomes longer. Once it reaches the end of the self-help book section, the torrent expands violently, setting the entire section ablaze. The fire is now only two rows of shelves away from you.

To the mage tower!
You go out on the streets and head to the mages tower. It being the white tower of Belgrad, sticking out above all other buildings, it's not exactly hard to find your way there. You arrive after a brisk 15 minute walk and enter. An old man at the front desk looks up from an old book he was reading and looks at you, one eyebrow raised. "Yes, may I help you?"

Smiling, Zenn puts the coins on the counter and goes to check out the room.
You put your two coins on the counter, take the key the 'keep puts down and head upstairs. Finding the roomnumber that matches the one on the key, you unlock the door and step inside. It's a decent room. Clean, tidy, not luxurious but certainly not spartan either. The bed is soft and the linens freshly washed. There's a small table and a chair, a cupboard and a dresser. An alchemical lamp hanging on the wall provides ample light.

Moskar nodded once to himself with satisfaction, setting his shield on the table and slithering out of his grimy armour.
He tossed that to one side of the room, then curled up on the bed, placing his cleaver within easy reach to one side.
'Tomorrow, I might as well go pay that damned innkeep. After that, I've no idea.' He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

>Keeping my cleaver within reach, get some sleep.

You feel tired, so you lock the doro and throw your belongings on the dresser and crawl into the bed. It's soft and comfortable, the linens have that smell and feeling only freshly wahsed linens can give you. Keeping your cleaver underneath your pillow, you fall asleep.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2014, 06:33:55 pm »

Fine, fine. So tired... No, wait. Gotta make sure...

Lock the door and barricade it with the dresser. If there are any windows, check if they're locked, too. Then go to sleep dressed, with my knife close at hand.

Living in sin, I am. But it pays well, oh, yes... Why didn't they sell the bracelets themselves? Surely a mere thing could not be so precious... Ah, what is the point.

I want to be who I was before.

Zenn clings to this thought as he falls asleep.

And I will be.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 06, 2014, 08:13:46 pm »

((Aren't Kitsune somehow tied to fire? Eh, I won't risk it.))
"RUN!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 06, 2014, 08:15:32 pm »

Natasha wakes up yawning, take a look around at the surroundings. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Look around, try desperately to get involved in some sort of quest or plot.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2014, 12:38:46 am »

"RUN!"

"But he'll burn down the library! No! We can't let insane mages do whatever they please here, people! It's not the way things must be!"

Grab a chair. Attempt to get a visual on insane mage.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:37 am »

Inquire about research grants. Explain stuff only if necessary.

((I should prolly do that, lol))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2014, 02:21:56 am »

>Have a pleasant dream of my early childhood in the small desert town of Tapkutil, before my father's death in battle.
It's a feast day in honour of Bahket, where we thank the god of irrigation and water for enough rain to cause a bountiful harvest. Music rings through the air, along with the smells of cooking and spices, people dance in the streets, the town's elders tell stories of battles and adventures past, laughter booms from every doorway and the desert is in bloom, carpeted with green for the first time in my young life...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2014, 09:02:46 pm »

"I'll see if I can contain the flames!"

Try to stop the flames from burning with fire magic, or at least contained enough to slow them down.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2014, 12:15:27 am »

Tomo fell silent for several moments, arms limp and eyes widening as the man held her dead flesh in his warm embrace. Were she sharp enough to pick up on the implications- or have even been thinking rationally- she might have realized how dangerous this situation might potentially be; instead, she speaks slowly and softy, voice filled with what seems to be wonder.

"T-Tomo... Tomo has never gotten hugs before. Not from anybody but Master...

...D-do you really mean it...? Tomo did good...?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2014, 12:12:58 pm »

((It seems some people want more plothooks. Ask and thou shalt receive.))

at the inn
Lock the door and barricade it with the dresser. If there are any windows, check if they're locked, too. Then go to sleep dressed, with my knife close at hand.
You make sure to lock the door and push the small dresser against it. You check to make sure that the window is locked, and then crawl onto the bed, knife close at hand. You fall asleep rather quickly, exhausted from a busy day.

In your dream, you are sitting in a chair. Across from you is you, also sitting in a chair. This version of you is...wrong. Every detail seems to be just slightly off.
"So, still feeling bad about stealing stuff? It's a good thing you realize that you'll be doing this forever, because I don't think you've got it in you to become a better man. You're kind of a weakling, you know? Anyway, as much as I like to see poor saps like those people suffer, 'tis high time you actually go do something useful for a change. Come one now" He stands up and holds out his hand, sparks forming between his fingers. "Up you go"

You jolt awake and fall out of the bed.

>Have a pleasant dream of my early childhood in the small desert town of Tapkutil, before my father's death in battle.
It's a feast day in honour of Bahket, where we thank the god of irrigation and water for enough rain to cause a bountiful harvest. Music rings through the air, along with the smells of cooking and spices, people dance in the streets, the town's elders tell stories of battles and adventures past, laughter booms from every doorway and the desert is in bloom, carpeted with green for the first time in my young life...

You dream of this scene of your youth. You vividly remember the lush greens dotting the desert, and the rejoicing everyone did at the sight of them. You remember sitting at the fire as old, scarred lizardmen warriors told their stories of battle and conquest that would later inspire you to take up arms yourself. How the old, wise shamans of your tribe told their stories of the gods and nature, teaching you to respect the higher powers that are at work.

You wake up, feeling rested, content and slightly nostalgic.

At the library
"RUN!"
You decide that it's getting a big too hot in this library, and you run outside. Outside, you see that a small crowd has gathered. You join them and look at the library. The entire left wing is in flames, with the right wing following nicely. You get pushed aside by two people. A woman and a man, dressed in white robes. You can clearly see that they are wearing armour underneath the robes. The woman is holding a shortbow, while the man is gripping a long, metal staff in both hands. They enter the building, not even breaking a stride.

"But he'll burn down the library! No! We can't let insane mages do whatever they please here, people! It's not the way things must be!"

Grab a chair. Attempt to get a visual on insane mage.
You grab a nearby chair and stalk over to the edge of the bookcase. You take a stealthy peek around the corner, and you see the back of the mage. He's a tall fellow, wearing a dark red cloak. The cloak is most certainly on fire, but the fabric isn't getting damaged and the mage doesn't seem to be bothered about it. He seems to be mumbling something, but you can't make out the words over the noise of the fire.

Try to stop the flames from burning with fire magic, or at least contained enough to slow them down.
Spoiler: Magic system OOC (click to show/hide)

You throw out your arms and visualize the flames dissapearing. [6+1] You manage to quell the flames in your immediate surroundings, but you can't seem to do anything about the ones further away. Still, you managed to save most of the history section that you were in, but doing so has left you thoroughly exhausted. The fire mage suddenly calls out. "Who dares interrupt my work? Don't you SEE?! All of this is filled with LIES!"

Suddenly a large ball of fire slams into the ground between the two bookcases. [Nosegay end=10+1][Egen end=4] The ball explodes, and flames wash over both of you. Nosegay remains as stoic as can be, he simply lets the fire wash over him, slightly burning his face and clothes, but otherwise leaving him unharmed. Egen is less lucky and catches the full brunt of the blast. She's flung back, smacking against the table and dislocating her shoulder. She tries to stand up, but falls back to the ground, pain searing through her side.

Because the mage turned around to throw the fireball, Nosegay now has a perfectly clear view of the mage. He's wearing what seems to be travelers clothes with a chainmail shirt over it. His face is contorted in rage and his eyes are bloodshot. He is, in a word, angry.

at the white tower
Inquire about research grants. Explain stuff only if necessary.

You explain what you're trying to do to the man at the reception desk and ask for research grants. The man gives you that look that wise old men give small, dim children. "No, no no, I'm afraid our tower won't be granting you anything of the sort. Have you ever seen a wealthy musician? Honestly, there is simply no profit in doing something quite as silly as this. No self-respecting tower would take on this kind of research. You might want to try out the arcane mages near the lake, they might be big enough idiots to do something like this."

at the church
Natasha wakes up yawning, take a look around at the surroundings. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

You call out, but nobody answers. You decide to head outside and seek adventure in the town. You are dismayed to note, however, that nothing all that interesting happens in the town while you are there. You head back to the church, only to notice that there's a large notice board next to the entrance. Curious you read the two papers that have been attached to it. One is a help wanted ad for a farming community that is being plagued by a monster that keeps stealing their produce and killing their livestock, the location is printed ont he back. The other is a flyer asking for adventurers willing to work for the empire, saying they should go to the citadel.

In an alley
Tomo fell silent for several moments, arms limp and eyes widening as the man held her dead flesh in his warm embrace. Were she sharp enough to pick up on the implications- or have even been thinking rationally- she might have realized how dangerous this situation might potentially be; instead, she speaks slowly and softy, voice filled with what seems to be wonder.

"T-Tomo... Tomo has never gotten hugs before. Not from anybody but Master...

...D-do you really mean it...? Tomo did good...?"

"My! Yes! You did extremely good. I am deeply in your debt for saving me from these ruffians. In fact, perhaps I could persuade you to accompany me to the citadel? I would certainly feel a lot safer having someone as capable as you with me on the trip. There is, of course, still one small problem."

The man points to behind you. You turn around and see the third assassin, hogtied and unable to speak, desperately trying to wriggle his way out of his bonds. He looks at you with fearful eyes. You can't really decide what to do with him, turn him in to the local constabulary, take him with you to the citadel, or do much worse things to the lowlife?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54