Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79289 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : High society tea party
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »

"To the library! We must research this information!"

To the library! We must research this information! Seek information about gods with similar motifs. Ask the people at the temple for help if necessary.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2014, 03:31:11 pm »

Ah...yes. Happy now? Time to go get something useful done. After my stomach stops complaining, that is.
Go find a tavern, preferably middle-classish; nothing posh, but no rats, either.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2014, 11:31:25 pm »

"To the library! We must research this information!"

To the library! We must research this information! Seek information about gods with similar motifs. Ask the people at the temple for help if necessary.
Aid in this. While doing so look for information on sword styles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2014, 07:17:58 am »

Moskar closes the yellowed, tattered old book he'd been leafing through with a sigh. He wasn't having much luck, here.
Straightening up from the table and adjusting his new cloak about himself with a partially-stifled yawn, the lizardman turns and strides towards the door, leaving the pile of books scattered across the table. 'I don't have time to waste sorting scrolls and such nonsense- let the lazy priests of this place take care of it.'

So thinking, he marches out of the library and back down the street without so much as a backwards glance.

>Leave the books scattered about and head back to the inn I have a room at.

>Ask the innkeeper (or any other knowledgeable-looking person) if they know of any local historians who might be able to tell me about the earliest days of the Empire and its founding. Keep an eye on whoever's in the common room, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2014, 09:13:32 am »

Egen helps with the research as well.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:49 pm »

((There was a post here once. My browser ate it. I'll see about rewriting it sometime, hopefully soon.))

Someone probably heard that, so Tomo's gotta go fast!
First order of business- tie up and gag the surviving badguy with whatever's at hand!
Second order of business- loot the badguys while I wait for the survivors to come around- weapons, documents, and any identifying symbols are highest priority.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

Take the pages back to the blacksmith and try to replicate the magic thing.
You grab the pages and stick them in your jacket, leaving the library while hoping nobody saw you. You make your way back to the Smithy and start explaining your ideas to the blacksmith. The man gets out his reading glasses and inspects the blueprints on the pages you brought while he listens and nods as you speak.

"Right, okay, so....you know, I won't even ask where you got these. But this is some complicated stuff you've got here. The metalwork is difficult enough, but it also calls for magic imbued crystals and several enchantments. Honestly..." He stand up and scratches his hair. "I don't think I can help you with this. The crystals alone cost more than I make in two months, not to mention the enchantments. But tell you what, the metalwork isn't outside of my capabilities, so if you somehow find a way to get the crystals and the enchantments, I'll make it for you, no charge. But hell, kid, you'd probably need to be sponsored by a senior magister to get the stuff you need for this to work. "

You say your godbyes to Lady Loradove and head for the library. Once there, you start looking for books about gods and deities.
[9] You come up with a large pile of books and begin scanning them for entries that bear the same characteristics as the things Lady Loradove mentioned. The colours and the beast motif seem to pop up all over the place, from human superstition to ancient lizardman mythology. The general motif seems to be some kind of trickster god, who isn't biased towards mortals, but rather simply enjoys spreading chaos and excitement. This is where the similarities stop, however, as every race and civilisation seems to have their own take on why this deity does what he does. Looking over at the gigantic stack of books on the table, you realize it wll probably take you the better time of four days to go through them all.

Seeing that Nosegay is already hidden behind a veritable wall of books, you decide to just go look for a book on sword styles. [3] You find a single book with a picture of crossed swords on the cover, but it turns out to be some strangely worded treatise on what a leader should do in war. Other than this, you cannot find a single book on sword techniques.

Ah...yes. Happy now? Time to go get something useful done. After my stomach stops complaining, that is.
Go find a tavern, preferably middle-classish; nothing posh, but no rats, either.
You to a decent, but not really expensive tavern. You sit down at one of the tables and ask the 'keep for hearty meal. You pay 4 coins and he brings you a large bowl of stew and hefty stein of ale. The ale is nice and cool and the stew really fills you up.

Egen helps with the research as well.
You go to help with the research, finding several books on gods and deities and sti down with Nosegay to scour over them. Much like him, you find that the overarching theme is some sort of trickster god, but you cannot find much more than this.

>Leave the books scattered about and head back to the inn I have a room at.

>Ask the innkeeper (or any other knowledgeable-looking person) if they know of any local historians who might be able to tell me about the earliest days of the Empire and its founding. Keep an eye on whoever's in the common room, too.
You huff and slam the book shut, it's amazing that these priests can remember their own names without writing an entire book about it. You leave the books scattered on the table and head back to the Inn. Upon entering you take a good looka round, because a healthy dose of paranoia never hurt anyone. the only people inside are the Innkeep, three men having drinks together and a man enjoying a large bowl of stew. You ask the 'keep about local historians. He says there is one of the tower magi that seems to be very knowledgeable about such things. The 'keep gives you his adress, a large mansion not too far from the Inn, in the nicest part of town.

Someone probably heard that, so Tomo's gotta go fast!
First order of business- tie up and gag the surviving badguy with whatever's at hand!
Second order of business- loot the badguys while I wait for the survivors to come around- weapons, documents, and any identifying symbols are highest priority.
You tear the cloak from one of the dead men and use the strips to hogtie the surviving bad guy. You make sure that he's got no wiggle roomm and then stuff a large wad into his mouth. The most important work done, you start rifling through the pockets and start patting down the bodies of the three bad guys for shiny loot. You come up with two steel daggers, a steel shortsword and some 150 coins. On the body of the guy who spoke to you you also find a letter. It's somehat burned and singed, but you can make out that it's orders to ambush a messenger. You can't read much more, but there's a seal on the bottom that kind of looks like a hanged man.

Behind you can hear groaning and cursing. Seems the victim is starting to wake up. You also hear what seems to be muffled screams. Looking behind, you can see the third bad guy struggling and staring at you with wide, fearful eyes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2014, 06:21:55 pm »

Back to the library! Continue crystal research and try find contact details for a senior magister. If the RNG approves, have me help the god-hunting trio.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:50 pm »

Investigate for books on divine curses.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2014, 02:18:16 pm »

Zenn finishes his stew and approaches the 'keep to put the plate back on the counter.

"That was some pretty good grub, I do so say. Do you have any rooms for rent?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »

Help out after checking for popular names for the trickster god in question.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

Moskar nods once to the innkeeper, pushes past the fellow returning his plate and heads towards the back.

>Go and inspect the room I've paid for.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 02, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

"Tomo to~ld you~" Tomo chides the surviving thug, flashing him a wide grin as she bundles up the weapons and moves over to the victim of the assault, crouching beside him.

"Ohaiyo, letterperson! Tomo thought you needed saving, so Tomo saveded you!" She pipes in cheerfully, thrusting the orders at him before continuing, "The badguys had this on them! Can you think of who the badguys were and why they wanted letterperson's letter?"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:01:04 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Library simulator
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2014, 07:19:07 pm »

Back to the library! Continue crystal research and try find contact details for a senior magister. If the RNG approves, have me help the god-hunting trio.
You look up books about magic crystals. There are a lot of them, as magic crystals are nothing terribly new. Mages use crystals that have been etched with runes to store magical energy, which can in turn be tapped into for all kinds of uses. The streetlights in this city, for example, are partly powered by these crystals.

You look also try to look up contact details for a senior magister. You find none, as this library does not deal in phone books. You do however, find out that the rank of senior magister is given to members of mages towers. So there should be one of them in this very town.

The RNG dissaproves.

You search for a book on divine curses, and immediatly find one, because you'd just keep searching otherwise anyway. You don't really know what you're looking for, exactly, so you just kinda leaf through. Basically, divine curses are powerful spells cast upon specific target by a deity. They can be influenced like normal spells, but because they were cast by a being that's basically living magic itself and usually more powerfull than mortal magi, this is not advised. bewteen the paragraphs there's something written in pencil. "The Red tower tried to break curse last week. They used all of their mages in the audience hall of castle Rol'goth. As of today, castle Rol'gol and the town of Goltar are being removed from the imperial maps. Next time, we'd do better to try and converse with the deity first"

Zenn finishes his stew and approaches the 'keep to put the plate back on the counter.

"That was some pretty good grub, I do so say. Do you have any rooms for rent?"
"Sure thing, I've got one more room left, upstairs, end of the hall. It's yours for 2 coins. Just leave em on the counter if you want it."

Help out after checking for popular names for the trickster god in question.
You get a book on popular and well known deities and start looking for the ones that match your criteria. There aren't a lot, but two seem rather like yours. One is called Silak, and is known throughout the empire and the southlands. The other is a name written in a script you don't recognize, the translation says it is named Fooler-of-eyes, Clouder-of-minds and Strayer-of-cats. This one seems to originate from the Northlands, but is also known in the deserts and some of the island-nations.

Moskar nods once to the innkeeper, pushes past the fellow returning his plate and heads towards the back.

>Go and inspect the room I've paid for.
You go upstairs and enter your room. It's medium sized. There is a chair and a small table, a cupboard to store clothing. The bed seems to be rather large, the 'keep must have given you this specific room because you are, well, a tall lizardman. How thoughtful. Everything looks clean and well maintained, though not fancy or expensive. The light in the room comes from an alchemical lamp on the wall.

"Tomo to~ld you~" Tomo chides the surviving thug, flashing him a wide grin as she bundles up the weapons and moves over to the victim of the assault, crouching beside him.

"Ohaiyo, letterperson! Tomo thought you needed saving, so Tomo saveded you!" She pipes in cheerfully, thrusting the orders at him before continuing, "The badguys had this on them! Can you think of who the badguys were and why they wanted letterperson's letter?"

The man looks at you, fear-stricken, and then looks around to see the carnage you've wrought. His eyes linger on the hogtied assassin, and he seems to suddenly understand what has actually happened. He speaks, fast and with a rather high-pitched.

"Oh, a thousand thanks to you! I was sure they were going to kill me! I'm afraid I don't recognize the marking on that letter. But I can assure you, they were most certainly after the missive I was carrying. It's a message between the council of Belgrad and the imperial commander at the citadel. I'm afraid I can't tell you what's in it, I don't know myself. Oh, but thank you, thankyou so much for coming to my aid!"

The man hugs you, while saying the words "thank you", over and over.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2014, 10:06:18 am »

"What fascinating information! I think we're on to something, people!"

Check details on the two likely suspect gods, and any differences between them.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54